The Golden Girls: The Complete 7th Season. News!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

The Golden Girls: The Complete 7th Season. News!

Post by MadonnasManOne »

It appears that The Golden Girls: The Complete Seventh Season will feature new interviews with the "Girls". No idea if Estelle Getty will be involved, due to her health. This news was posted at http://www.the-goldengirls.com/ , which credits the website, Bea Arthur In The Limelight with the news.

http://www.beatricearthur.com/news/2006 ... he-future/

Season 7 DVD Extras
The ‘girls’ are being interviewed for the Season 7 DVD, it has been announced - saving the best for last. That’s all the info we have so far, courtesy of Bea Arthur In The Limelight.

This is the only information available so far. No release date has been given.
BeautifulLittleLady

Post by BeautifulLittleLady »

That sounds great! Even though Getty probably wont be involved, it will be a great addition, especially since the season sets have lacked in bonus features. I would love for audio commentaries as well as a formal interview.

Wasn't The Golden Girls 8 Seasons?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

BeautifulLittleLady wrote:Wasn't The Golden Girls 8 Seasons?
It was 7 seasons (1985-1992), with its spin-off/continuation show, The Golden Palace, lasting one season (1992-1993).

Anyways, great news about the interviews! Woohoo!

Of course, I'm still hoping they include the Lifetime special (The Golden Girls: Their Greatest Moments), or at least put that on a separate DVD the way that WB put out the Intimate Portrait episodes with them on DVD.

And welcome back, MadonnasManOne!

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

This is great news and I'm so happy that at least the last three seasons are getting decent releases. Maybe GP will too.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Escapay wrote:
Of course, I'm still hoping they include the Lifetime special (The Golden Girls: Their Greatest Moments), or at least put that on a separate DVD the way that WB put out the Intimate Portrait episodes with them on DVD.

And welcome back, MadonnasManOne!

Escapay
Yes, I hope to get The Golden Girls: Their Greatest Moments, as well. I taped the special, but, for the life of me, I can't find the tape. I would LOVE to have it on DVD.

Thanks, Escapay, for the "welcome back". It's good to be back. :)
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

GAH!! thats awesome! I cant wait for the cover art, but I know we wont see it for a while.

I hope they release the Golden Palace after season 7 of TGG.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
bennyb98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bennyb98 »

MadonnasManOne wrote:Yes, I hope to get The Golden Girls: Their Greatest Moments, as well. I taped the special, but, for the life of me, I can't find the tape. I would LOVE to have it on DVD.
LOL, join the club! I actually think I accidentally taped some episodes of The Golden Palace over my copy of it.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Great news! Hopefully the DVD will be out in February '07. I am almost 100% sure that Warner owns the rights to the reunion. They own most of Lifetimes shows. Thats just me thinking, though.
- Jonathan
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I can't wait until Season 7 is out on DVD, then my collection will finally be complete. I am anticipating a February/March 2007 release for this one. I am excited to see the cast interviews. As mentioned by someone else, due to Estelle's health problems, I doubt we'll see her in the interviews. I wonder what color the box set will be, I'm thinking silver would cap the series off well!! Any word on whether or not they will follow up the series with the release of The Golden Palace??
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!