The Buying, Selling, and Trading Slipcover Thread

Post your lists to trade or sell products to other forum members.
uBerDisneyHT

Post by uBerDisneyHT »

:cry: No positive results from the toll free number. Was not able to connect to a live person whatsoever. We tried all the variables e.g. press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 to no avail. We will work with sofaking for the 3 of 4 slipcovers needed. The hunt continues for the Cinderella slipcover. If anyone here have another method let us know. Good day.
William Fong & Sandy Lee
www.80sKid.com
Building our sci-f/Disney themed Home Theater Media Room
uBerDisneyHT

Post by uBerDisneyHT »

:D
Disregard our last post. Our tenacity paid off. Very happy camper. The steps to success.

1. 1-800-72DISNE
2. listen to the long winded selection and press 4
3. listen again to more sub selections to the very end and press 0
4. this will connect you to a live consumer representative
5. Be nice :)
6. it will be about 2 weeks for the shipment of our 4 slipcovers with the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday

NOTE: We asked them to please pass the info onto there Disney Movie Club division as many collectors want these beautiful artsy slipcovers. Sorry to be so uber retentive on this subject.
William Fong & Sandy Lee
www.80sKid.com
uBerDisneyHT

Post by uBerDisneyHT »

Hi all :D
Good news. The slipcovers arrived today from Buena Vista Home Entertainment via First Class mailing in a protective cardboard mailer. We will continue to support the Disney DVD line. BRAVO for the speedy delivery. Other DVD companies we dealt with left us with a sour taste in our mouth.
William Fong & Sandy Lee
www.80sKid.com
tepper420

WANTED MULAN 2 SLIPCOVER!!

Post by tepper420 »

I REALLY need one of these to complete my collection! PLEASE let me know if you have one you are willing to sell!!
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

hope this helps

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

Hi
I was recently missing some slipcovers and called disney movie club ( since that is where i ordered the movies but because i ordered them late they didn't come with slipcovers) anyway someone there gave me a Consumer relations # 18007234763 to call and they are sending me my slipcovers for Mary Poppins and Pocahontas :) I have to call them again once i get the items to see if they have Nausica ;)

well thought that would help you out try and see ... but only if you ordered through DMC Disney Movie Club since they will ask you ;) the movie club has FIRST preferrence for missing slipcovers... but you can call and try to see if it is okay.

well have a nice day
DefyGravity

Post by DefyGravity »

I don't think it matters much if you're in the DMC or not. As long as they have them available, they should send them out to you. I just recently called them about three movies I had bought at Target without slipcovers, and even though did ask me where I had purchased them, they still sent them to me even though it wasn't through DMC :)

And the added bonus of getting slipcovers through the hotline, is that they're free :up:
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

Yeah that is definitely an added plus :)

The Re I spoke to told me that info I have in my pot ... she said that other stores who purchase Disney movies have the option of the slipsleeves or not ... but DMC Dvds that are supposed to have slipsleeves and don't,they at that hotline have to replace free of charge ;)
Well that is what i was told but i am sure that there areenough to go around to any who knows and ask...

well take care
tepper420

Post by tepper420 »

already called them they said they didnt have any
Bebopgroove
Gold Classic Collection

WANTED: Beauty and the Beast slipcover!

Post by Bebopgroove »

I never bought the dvd when it was first released (how stupid was that?). So last fall, I actually found a used copy for sale (I practically screamed when I found it). But with most used dvd copies, it didn't have it's slip case or chapter insert :(

I don't know how much a slip cover would be (or a chapter insert), but it looks naked without it's cover...and I don't want it to be naked :lol:

EDIT: I read on a older thread that you can get free slipcovers from Disney, but I'm not sure how to contact them. If anyone could tell me how to contact them, that'd be great :)
<a href="http://goldenlemonsicons.blogspot.com">GoldenLemons Icons</a> | <a href="http://bebopgroove.dvdaf.com">My DVD Collection</a>
disneyguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneyguy »

I'm pretty sure they are out of them but here is the info:

If you need to contact Walt Disney Home Entertainment Consumer Relations for a slipcover, or for any other reason (including if you are technical difficulties with a Disney DVD), they can be reached at 1-800-723-4763 (in the United States) or 1-888-877-2843 (in Canada.)

DG
Barty
Limited Issue

Looking for R1 Finding Nemo slipcover!

Post by Barty »

I'm willing to pay a lot of money (for some paper) for the R1 Finding Nemo slipcover! Only when it's in good shape of course ;)

Anyone?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I'll sell you mine for $30 :roll:

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

I'll go even better. Give you mine for $25! :roll:
Barty
Limited Issue

Post by Barty »

So can you both tell me in what condition the slip case is? Only when it's in perfect condition you have a deal - you lucky b*stards ;) for a piece of paper 8)
Is that including shipping (without it getting crushed) to Holland?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Lucylover1986 wrote:I'll go even better. Give you mine for $25! :roll:
Go right ahead, Lucy. I think now I'll shred mine to bits, take a picture, and post it here to the horror of slipcover fanatics everywhere...

BTW, mine is in pretty damn good condition. It's still in one piece, still is holographic, and has very little/no wear.

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Barty
Limited Issue

Post by Barty »

Nooooooooooo don't tear your slipcover apart haha :lol:
That would be a shame! Besides, you still need to keep it in case the one from Lucylover isn't in such a fine condition and I decide I want yours instead! ;)
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

I was sorta kidding. You should call the Disney people up first and ask if you can get one from them.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Lucylover1986 wrote:I was sorta kidding. You should call the Disney people up first and ask if you can get one from them.
IIRC, it was actually discussed here (likely in GD), that Disney ran out of Nemo slipcovers, and they don't mail them outside the US either.

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Barty
Limited Issue

Post by Barty »

Well I mailed with Disney, but I got a standard reply that told me to contact the Dutch Buena Vista department...
So I think I can forget getting a slipcover through Disney...

So.. Escapay, check your pm :)
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

You can have mine for 50 cents but my daughter chewed it a lot. It was her favorite movie.