The International Slipcover Discussion Thread

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

2099net wrote:Mary Poppins (40th Anniversary Edition) had a slipcover for a limited time over a keepcase.

Fantasia Anthology came in a 3 disc digipack.

The Ultimate Toybox game in a 3 disc digipack.

Finally

Not a slipcover as such, but there was a set for Treasure Planet with a copy of the DVD (keepcase), PC computer game (keepcase) and novel inside a cardboard slipcase.
Thanks!
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Can someone tell me if theese releases came with a slipcover for a limited time or not:

The Emperor's New Groove: Collector's Edition (Keepcase Edition)
Sleeping Beauty: Collector's Edition (Keepcase Edition)
A Bug's Life: Collector's Edition (Keepcase Edition)
Monster's Inc.: Collector's Edition (Keepcase Edition)
Dinosaur: Collector's Edition (Keepcase Edition)

Also wasn't Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition released as a Keepcase Edition? Did this have a slipcover for a limited time or not?
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

271286 wrote:Can someone tell me if theese releases came with a slipcover for a limited time or not:

Also wasn't Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition released as a Keepcase Edition? Did this have a slipcover for a limited time or not?
Sleeping Beauty had a slipcover.

None of the others did. I don't think Beauty and the Beast Collectors Edition was relesed in a keepcase, only the Digipack.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

2099net wrote:
271286 wrote:Can someone tell me if theese releases came with a slipcover for a limited time or not:

Sleeping Beauty had a slipcover.

None of the others did. I don't think Beauty and the Beast Collectors Edition was relesed in a keepcase, only the Digipack.
Odd coz I found theese pictures on the internet (the number on the dvd spine is just a home-made sticker):

To me it looks genuine, but I've NEVER seen it anywhere but on theese pics... weird...
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

^^^

That's a special case made for rental stores and display cases in stores, as it was less liable to be damaged. It wasn't generally available for retail. As such, it didn't ever have a slipcover, and technically shouldn't have been sold to a normal customer.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Mr Burns

Post by Mr Burns »

It was available as I've got one. Virgin Megastore had it as an exclusive for a while. But its definately out there
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Changed the list a bit, and made a few corrections so it's more clear...

Im still not sure about the collector's post 2000 edt. releases... Weather or not A Bug's life, Emperor's New Groove, Dinosaur and Tarzan came with a slipcover or cardboard case or not in the very first prints... Ive never seen any, but there are some publicity pics that looks like at least Bug's had one... Trying to make this list as precise as possible so it's easy to see where to start for new collectors...
reybr

Post by reybr »

271286 wrote:Changed the list a bit, and made a few corrections so it's more clear...

Im still not sure about the collector's post 2000 edt. releases... Weather or not A Bug's life, Emperor's New Groove, Dinosaur and Tarzan came with a slipcover or cardboard case or not in the very first prints... Ive never seen any, but there are some publicity pics that looks like at least Bug's had one... Trying to make this list as precise as possible so it's easy to see where to start for new collectors...
My Bug's Life (R2 UK) has a slipcover. This is also confirmed by DVDCompare:
Notes:
Packaged inside a Cardboard Slipcase (with a Window Hole shaped as a Leaf).
Does not contains a 4:3 version of the film, even though the inside Booklet says it is on the disc.
This is now OOP.
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Wall-e bluray UK edition with slipcover?

Post by geniuswalt »

I've just gotten the 2-disc Bluray edition for Wall-e directly from Amazon UK. All i can say is that the packaging looks rather cheap. Can anyone confirm
that the plastic covering the keepcase is matte as opposed to glossy and that
this title doesn't come with a slipcover?

Thanks everyone! :)
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

Anybody has this edition and can tell me?
mrfivefingers

Re: Wall-e bluray UK edition with slipcover?

Post by mrfivefingers »

Comparing it to the Sleeping Beauty blu-ray (which is very similar in terms of design) it appers that the Wall-E Blu-ray cover is printed in matte not gloss. I got my edition from HMV and it didn't have a slip cover either, infact the only disney blu-ray i have with a slip cover is Sleeping Beauty
Puppetry, Animation and More!
www.frankie-productions.com
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

Thank you, mrfivefingers :)
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

My Wall-E didn't have a slip cover either.

Which is strange as both Cars and Ratatouille do have the covers.

Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio have the covers, but Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons didn't.

The first batch of the Pirates films also had slip covers, but then Enchanted didn't (and I can't think of any others having them either).

Seems Disney is back to their old tricks and it's just random! I just wish they'd pick a look and stick to it, at least for lines like Animated Classics and Pixar.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Hmzz...I just bought the Oliver & Co. dvd in Holland with slipcover, but it's not embossed. Anyone else have the R2 sleeve and could tell me if theirs are also not embossed. The R1 is embossed which looks far more prettier. :)
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

I bought mine in Belgium and it the same => not embossed also