Treasures Number Edition Increased!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
matthewgb
Limited Issue

Treasures Number Edition Increased!

Post by matthewgb »

Please forgive me if I'm a Johnny Come lately on this information but while surfing the movie finder section of disney.com I went to the treasures site and noticed the edition size has been increased from 125,000 to 165, 000. I guess they really must anticipate a high desire to own these particular sets. Comments anyone? ps Noticed that Donald will be issued at 250,000 and The other set at 105,000. Veeeeery interesting!
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Re: Treasures Number Edition Increased!

Post by indianajdp »

matthewgb wrote: ... noticed the edition size has been increased from 125,000 to 165, 000. I guess they really must anticipate a high desire to own these particular sets. Comments anyone? ps Noticed that Donald will be issued at 250,000 and The other set at 105,000. Veeeeery interesting!
I'm confused.

You're saying that they are not all the same number?

Donald will have a print run of 250,000 and the others at 165,000?
Where does the 105,000 number come from :?
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
matthewgb
Limited Issue

Post by matthewgb »

Use this link and go to order now. The different edition sizes will be posted under the descrtiptions. http://disney.go.com/DisneyVideos/disne ... index.html
105,000 was for the tommorowland set.
Kim Olav Svines
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kim Olav Svines »

Here it is:

Tomorrowland will have a print of 105,000
On The Front Lines: 165,000
Mickey Mouse: 165,000
Donald: 250,000
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

Okay, this is officially BIZARRE.

Why the different print run numbers??
Now it looks as though the Tomorrowland set will be the one most coveted (and undoubtedly horded) by some collectors.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

It is strange, and while it makes some sense to not print as many of the sets that wouldn't sell as much (although now they may sell more than the others, for the very reason they're rarer)...in any event, I'm guessing Mickey Vol 2 will sell the same, if not more than Donald, so the difference of nearly 100,000 copies seems excessive. Then again, if it's only the tins that are limited and not the sets...I'm not sure what that means.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Luke wrote:It is strange, and while it makes some sense to not print as many of the sets that wouldn't sell as much (although now they may sell more than the others, for the very reason they're rarer)...in any event, I'm guessing Mickey Vol 2 will sell the same, if not more than Donald, so the difference of nearly 100,000 copies seems excessive. Then again, if it's only the tins that are limited and not the sets...I'm not sure what that means.
It is odd that they have done this, but I'm sure it is based on some weird market evaluation they have done.

Mickey I sold X amount = 165000
Donald has X preoders... etc etc.
When I last checked, Donald was outselling the others in preorders. Significantly so, too.

I guess Tomorrowland would have a very limited appeal, hence the low number.
Still, why they can't just release 250000 across the board is beyond me. Or have limited tins, and after they sell out, just have the standard cases.

I just hope I get mine :P
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Well, I've been arguing for a long time Disney's numbers were off, and that they were throwing money away. Perhaps they read this board.

(If so, House of Mouse, season 1 DVD set now Disney!)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

I think the number of tomorrow land is low for the same reason behind the walt disney studios didnt sell well because I've seen it at many places while no trace of the other two. either way i will get my copies on dec 2nd!
catNC
Special Edition

Post by catNC »

perhaps they are trying to increase demand for the tomorrowland set by announcing how many will be produced, showing how few are being made in relation to the others. it's not uncommon for me to still find "behind the scenes" or "disneyland usa" at stores. maybe disney is hoping to get them out and get them sold this time. i didn't pay attention the last time the treasures were released. how soon before actual release date did they announce how many would be produced?
quasi72
Gold Classic Collection

Post by quasi72 »

Well, I am glad. Glad?? HAPPY that it's going to be released in a higher number of copies. I would die if I couldn't get Donald, Mickey and most of all the War Cartoons. Of course I will get all the first day. I know that even more copies issued would sell out. Disney can be weird at times...
Oh well.. I'll be first in line in less than a month. Trust me. :roll:
Sanctuary! Please, give me Sanctuary!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

catNC wrote:perhaps they are trying to increase demand for the tomorrowland set by announcing how many will be produced, showing how few are being made in relation to the others. it's not uncommon for me to still find "behind the scenes" or "disneyland usa" at stores.
They're not trying to increase demand, only match it. There's less profit in making tins that don't shift, just as there's less profit in underproducing tins that do shift.

They've had 2 years to assess demand. I guess these release will pretty much match the demand. Surprised Mickey didn't get a little more though...
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

2099net wrote:

They've had 2 years to assess demand. I guess these release will pretty much match the demand. Surprised Mickey didn't get a little more though...
I'm very surprised.
The Mickey Tins have sold like proverbial hotcakes and I would think that they would anticipate demand similar to that of the Donald Collection.

Then again ... what the hell do I know 8)
BasilOfBakerStreet427
In The Vaults

Post by BasilOfBakerStreet427 »

Here's a suggestion.Don't number them.
G'Day!
My DVD Collection

Miracle 2/6/2004
Home On The Range 4/2/2004
matthewgb
Limited Issue

Post by matthewgb »

They've done it again. The Frontlines set said 165,000 yesterday and now it says 125,000. This appears to be the only one thats changed. Whats going on here. Will we see other changes? The numbers on Amazon.com seemed to be climbing all morning and now they are starting to decline. Did Disney get nervous? Did they not feel they could justify increasing its distribution by 40,000?????
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

matthewgb wrote:They've done it again. The Frontlines set said 165,000 yesterday and now it says 125,000. This appears to be the only one thats changed. Whats going on here. Will we see other changes?
Hmmm...My guess is that we'll only know for sure when we buy them on December 2nd. And my other hunch is that this is all a bunch of hulabaloo and that all 4 will have identical print runs.

**Hulabaloo...I can now cross that one off of my list of 392 words that I will try and use in a sentence before I die 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Front Lines shows 165 K again.
Lady
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lady »

even if the tomorrowland one became more "exclusive" due to the limited number produced, i still wouldn't buy it because i have no interest in the content.

i will definitely be buying the mickey and donald but am still undecided on the front lines. can anyone recommend any of the shorts on the front lines that will make it worth buying?
catNC
Special Edition

Post by catNC »

i don't know exactly what shorts are on the front lines treasure, but i'm getting it for 2 reasons. the first being, i'm a completist to an extent, i have them all now, i want all that come out. the second reason is the historical aspect of the set. i'm a history buff anyway, so this one definitely appeals to me. my husband will probably enjoy this one the most of any i have previously purchased.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Lady wrote:can anyone recommend any of the shorts on the front lines that will make it worth buying?

:twisted:

Well, you have the very very good cartoons, Education for death, Der Fuehrers face, Chicken Little and Reason and Emotion, for an example.

As well as many short cartoons/commercials where favorites like the Seven Dwarfs, the Three Little Pigs and carachters from Pinocchio and Bambi appears.

You have all of the Donald Duck war cartoons, which are very funny but a little different.

But most of all, you have the feature lenght Victory Through AIr POwer.

I really really recommended this TIN. DON´T MISS IT!
:wink: