Walt Disney Pictures Has a New Logo

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Walt Disney Pictures Has a New Logo

Post by musicradio77 »

I look up on the Animation News website that the new Walt Disney Pictures logo has unveiled. Here is an article taken from Animation News:

The Animation Guild Blog comments on a new logo designed by Mike Gabriel for Walt Disney Pictures, adding the artwork will likely debut with "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". "I think it will blow people away," notes the blog. The piece likewise mentions the work currently being done to "Meet the Robinsons", following Jim Hill Media's report of John Lasseter's suggestions for the movie. The blog assures, "Not too unusual, really," pointing to changes made during the productions of "Aladdin" and "The Fox and the Hound".

Steve Hulett says on the blog "The new logo is a cousin of what went before: sky and clouds and a nighttime landscape then castle and fireworks and shimmering water and... You'll see the the new stuff on or about July 9 when the "Pirates of the Caribbean" comes out. Worth seeing, I think".

I think that the original Walt Disney Pictures logo (as seen on my avatar) will be retired until "Pirate of the Caribbean" comes out. I like to see that new logo that I've never seen it before. This original logo has been around since 1984 or 1985 until it finally ended this year. The original was probably 21 years old. It was a great logo, but I'm going to miss it. I'm very sad to see it go.:( I'll keep my original logo in my avatar forever. I would like to see this original 21-year-old Walt Disney Pictures logo one more time before "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men's Chest" comes out July 9th. This was from YouTube.

Original Walt Disney Pictures Logo (1985-2006)

I hope if "The Little Mermaid" PE comes out on DVD in the fall, I'm not really sure if they could keep the old logo or maybe if they put a new updated logo like they did with the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequel if it comes out. Will see what happens if I can catch a glimpse on this new logo. :roll:
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Re: Walt Disney Pictures Has a New Logo

Post by Lucylover1986 »

musicradio77 wrote:I hope if "The Little Mermaid" PE comes out on DVD in the fall, I'm not really sure if they could keep the old logo or maybe if they put a new updated logo like they did with the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequel if it comes out. Will see what happens if I can catch a glimpse on this new logo. :roll:
They almost never keep the original logo that came out with the movie for the PE's. I know they had a new one for The Lion King for sure.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

No!!!!!!!!!!! I love this logo. This is how I recognise Disney. Now if I see the new one, I'll be all confused! GRRR!!!!!!!!
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Finchx0rz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Finchx0rz »

'Tis the end of another era....
<a href="http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/" target="_blank">Got a question? Ask Google first.</a>
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

I hope it's not cheesy...it sounds like it might be (fireworks?? :| ).
I always thought that the now-old logo was very classy.
:pan: Love It.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

i think it sounds exciting, i can't wait to see it!
totallyminnie86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by totallyminnie86 »

Sad times. But then again some of the newer disney movies don't even deserve the glory that is the classic logo. 8) Who knows though....Maybe its really cool? I'm curious to see it either way.
slyslayer3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by slyslayer3000 »

it wouldn't hurt to have a new logo right? sure do hope it will be better than the past Disney logos.
gaysnappercarr
Limited Issue

Post by gaysnappercarr »

Hmmmm - I won't judge it until I see it - but I assume from the description that it will be an 'updating' of the current logo.

If you look at the "new-ish" studio tags from Paramount and Universal you'll get the idea. Paramount still has the stars and the mountain, but now the camera zooms is from far away, as the stars slide towards the mountain.
Universal's is similar with the Universal logo moving in front of the Earth.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Sleepy, Sneezy, Savage Sam, Snow White and the rest
Join the fun, come Be Our Guest!
Just ask Pocahontas, Perdita, and Pooh
It's a Supercalifragilistic hullabaloo!

<a href=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html? ... rcarr>Look at my obsession!</a>
anger is pointless
Special Edition

Post by anger is pointless »

can we see a sneak peek at the new logo cause you guys have made me curious and now i wanna see it lol
GO WIDE SCREEN AND SEE THE WHOLE MOVIE THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED
drnilescrane
Gold Classic Collection

Post by drnilescrane »

I've been waiting for this for a long time - the 1985 logo, though classic has been getting very, very tired. Same goes for Touchstone.

I would have said 2D version of the Pixar logo would have been excelent, but from the description, what they have in store is even better. Just a Thought... I wonder who's castle they used, because from the Description, Cindy's castle at WDW seems like a slightly more natural fit.
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

drnilescrane wrote:I've been waiting for this for a long time - the 1985 logo, though classic has been getting very, very tired. Same goes for Touchstone.
Yeah, but Touchstone updated their in 2002 with Signs. They haven't used the old logo since. It's basically the same thing.
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
drnilescrane
Gold Classic Collection

Post by drnilescrane »

Just Myself wrote:
drnilescrane wrote:I've been waiting for this for a long time - the 1985 logo, though classic has been getting very, very tired. Same goes for Touchstone.
Yeah, but Touchstone updated their in 2002 with Signs. They haven't used the old logo since. It's basically the same thing.
That's what I was refering to - but I have to admit the new Touchstone lacks the 'pizzaz' the old one had, however dated and extremely cheezy it was.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I really like the current blue fairy castle logo, but I'm excited about about the next.

I hope the words 'Walt Disney' will retain their current look (i.e. same font)

By the way, shouldn't Disney be making a logo for the new 'Disney Pixar Animation Studios'?
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Hopefully it's a great new logo not like the new Lakers logo from this year. :roll:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Hopefully it's a great new logo not like the new Lakers logo from this year. :roll:
What does that look like? The official site only shows the same one they've had like forever.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

I looked up on the official Walt Disney Pictures website, under the desktop downloads section, the new logo has clouds and nighttime sky. It looks almost similar to the Dreamworks logo. That would be great if "Pirates" comes out as I said on July 9th. According to the Closing Logo Group, that I posted that It will adopt a new logo with Walt Disney Television on along with it. I'm not sure if it's going to happen. Wiill see if the new fall lineup comes if they could put the same logo with clouds and night sky with the Walt Disney Telelvision name on it.
totallyminnie86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by totallyminnie86 »

Is that the new logo? The one mentioned above that is on the WDP website? If so then its exactly the same and they just changed the background from solid blue to stars? It looks pretty that way, but wow its really close to dreamworks! thats kind of weird. The first description sounded different though..something about fireworks right? maybe that isn't it after all.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

musicradio77 wrote:I looked up on the official Walt Disney Pictures website, under the desktop downloads section, the new logo has clouds and nighttime sky. It looks almost similar to the Dreamworks logo. That would be great if "Pirates" comes out as I said on July 9th. According to the Closing Logo Group, that I posted that It will adopt a new logo with Walt Disney Television on along with it. I'm not sure if it's going to happen. Wiill see if the new fall lineup comes if they could put the same logo with clouds and night sky with the Walt Disney Telelvision name on it.
Where is it? I can't find it! I really wanna $#*%@!* see it!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Never mind. I found it. It doesn't look much different than the other. I like the sky and stars. I'm happy that it wasn't too drastically different. If it was I'd say something like this:

Disney you %$#@!* %$#@!*% !@# $%*# $%#@!*$ $%#@!*#!!!!!!!!!

Here's what I'd say:
It's in white

mother fucking ass hole fucking bitches!
Last edited by TheSequelOfDisney on Tue May 09, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.