Goofy short story

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
cookie

Goofy short story

Post by cookie »

Hello

I've just registered.
I'm looking for a goofy short story i've seen a long time ago but can't remember the title.
It's a scientist speaking and we can see a character in Goofy's head making him move.
That's all i can remember but i hope someone will be able to help me find the title, and if it has been released on dvd.

Thank you :)

Cookie
Stinky Pete
Limited Issue

Post by Stinky Pete »

Welcome to the forum cookie.

Does this sound familiar?

How to Sleep

Stars: Pinto Colvig
Directors: Jack Kinney
Theatrical Release Date: December 25, 1953
Genres: Comedy, Family, Animation, Short

Synopsis After a short of history of man's eternal quest for sleep (from the stone ages to modern times) as well as a demonstration of what puts man to sleep and how man sleeps (like the dog, the ostrich, etc.), we see Goofy's attempts to sleep despite insomnia. He tries opening a window, using an electric blanket, drinking hot milk, counting sheep. Nothing works. He consults a scientist who studies Goofy's sleeping habits and finally finds a cure for Goofy's insomnia...by taking a mallet and crowning him on the head. It works!

This short as well as the majority of the Goofy theatrical released shorts can be found on Walt Disney Treasures - The Complete Goofy.
...and so you two are absolutely identical? You know I'm sure I can get you a part in Toy Story 3... I'm sorry. Are we back? All right girls...lovely talking to you.

Outtakes from Toy Story 2
cookie

Post by cookie »

Stinky Pete wrote:Welcome to the forum cookie.

Does this sound familiar?

How to Sleep

Stars: Pinto Colvig
Directors: Jack Kinney
Theatrical Release Date: December 25, 1953
Genres: Comedy, Family, Animation, Short

Synopsis After a short of history of man's eternal quest for sleep (from the stone ages to modern times) as well as a demonstration of what puts man to sleep and how man sleeps (like the dog, the ostrich, etc.), we see Goofy's attempts to sleep despite insomnia. He tries opening a window, using an electric blanket, drinking hot milk, counting sheep. Nothing works. He consults a scientist who studies Goofy's sleeping habits and finally finds a cure for Goofy's insomnia...by taking a mallet and crowning him on the head. It works!

This short as well as the majority of the Goofy theatrical released shorts can be found on Walt Disney Treasures - The Complete Goofy.
Hello Pete,

Thank you for the answer. I'm not sure it's that one, i'll try to find and watch it. From what i recall, but i've watched it a long time ago when i was a kid, i think it starts with a scientist talking then we see goofy(George Geef) and there is a little character( maybe 2) that we see inside his head ( who i think represents his conscious mind or something) that makes him move. I think in the end the 2 characters inside his mind start a fight.

Does it sounds like it could be that short story?

Anyway thank you for the answer :)
Stinky Pete
Limited Issue

Post by Stinky Pete »

Well I'm not so sure now with the additional information. Maybe someone else can help. I have the Complete Goofy at home and I'll try to watch this one. Sorry :(
...and so you two are absolutely identical? You know I'm sure I can get you a part in Toy Story 3... I'm sorry. Are we back? All right girls...lovely talking to you.

Outtakes from Toy Story 2
cookie

Post by cookie »

Stinky Pete wrote:Well I'm not so sure now with the additional information. Maybe someone else can help. I have the Complete Goofy at home and I'll try to watch this one. Sorry :(
that's ok, thank you very much for your answer :)

I've tried to search on the dvd you mentionned, but from what i've read i'm not sure it's on it. Though it's supposed to be the complete collection isn't it? I'm pretty sure it's goofy so it should be on that dvd.

Unfortunately i don't remember a lot from it :cry:

cookie
FantasiaMan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FantasiaMan »

This sounds a lot like Reason & Emotion, the war cartoon made in 1943, but you said it was Goofy so I guess this isn't it. Sorry cookie.
cookie

Post by cookie »

FantasiaMan wrote:This sounds a lot like Reason & Emotion, the war cartoon made in 1943, but you said it was Goofy so I guess this isn't it. Sorry cookie.
Thank you fantasiaman, i've made a search on this and it looks like your right :) i wonder why i thought it was goofy though.

Anyway thanks for your help : )
so it goes
Gold Classic Collection

Post by so it goes »

I'm looking for the name/availability of a short and didn't think it was worth starting a new thread over. Plus it reminds of the Goofy "How To" shorts so I thought this would be the place to ask.

From what I remember (I haven't seen this in years) it was a short about new cars coming out in the future. It had one that was really wide and took up the whole road, another that looked the same going backwards and forwards and another that had a glass bottom so you could see who it was you ran over. I believe it had a narration and pacing similar to the Goofy shorts but I don't believe Goofy was in it.

If any one knows which short this was and if it has been released to dvd that would be quite helpful.

Thank you!
FantasiaMan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FantasiaMan »

Is it a Tex Avery short?
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

I guess it could be "Car of Tomorrow" by Tex Avery from 1951...?