DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:27 pm 
Gold Collection

Does anybody know why Disney decided to cancel the scene with this song from the theatrical release of Pocahontas, because it is one of my favorite songs and I think that is the most important song in the movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:42 pm 
Special Edition

In early screenings, the audience seemed to be getting restless during the song. The filmmakers decided that young audiences wouldn't be able to stomach a deep love ballad at that point in the film, and that it dragged out the plot too much, or something like that.
:scratch:
I think it's a great song, too, and it's nice that it got into the 10th Anniversary edition. I just watched the music video today on my Pocahontas DVD, so I've kinda had it stuck in my head today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:37 am 
Collector's Edition

yeah i too like the song.

well u can see it now on the recent dvd release. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:25 pm 
Gold Collection

I don't understand why Disney thinks that the kids can't see a deep love between two persons, reflected in a ballad; but they do approved the love between a woman and a beast. I don't have anything against Beauty and the Beast, I mean, it's one of my favorite movies, but come on! The love between the Beauty and the Beast is really deep and sincere and Disney didn't censure it. If the kids are ready to see a love between a woman and a beast I think they can handle very well the deep love between Pocahontas and John Smith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:48 pm 
Terminated

I have the MP3 and the reprises, but I don't know if I can upload it on here for you guys. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:27 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense
Tarzan., it wasn't about censorship. The sole reason for excluding this was that kids were getting tired and restless during these final moments. Since this song doesn't advance the story (only deepens the emotions), Disney decided this was the best thing to cut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:41 pm 
In The Vaults

it's a beautiful song, at least they kept in on the end credits of the original film, which is what is put on the majority of end credits in disney films, deep love ballads :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:28 am 
Gold Collection

I still don't understand why Disney removed this beautiful song from the theatrical release, because in case that the song doesn't advance the story, it shows the big love between Pocahontas and John Smith and that's the purpose of love themes and almost all Disney movies have one because that's one of the things that makes them so special.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:55 pm 
Gold Collection

Tarzan. wrote:
I still don't understand why Disney removed this beautiful song from the theatrical release, because in case that the song doesn't advance the story, it shows the big love between Pocahontas and John Smith and that's the purpose of love themes and almost all Disney movies have one because that's one of the things that makes them so special.

I agree with you tarzan why did they removed it, even if the movie was getting out of context or whatever... thats the point of this movie, and i think the audience is not only kids, but adults. Really i love that song!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:41 pm 
Collector's Edition

After i saw the annaversary edition the other day, I have to say that the "If I never knew You" scene is some of the best parts of the entire movie... in other words - I love this song, and the newly animated sequence...