CINDERELLA Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Yeah I keep checking the main page every 10 or 15 minutes. I can't wait to read the review! I'm staying up all night till it's posted. :lol:
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

Lucylover1986 wrote:I'm staying up all night till it's posted. :lol:
Are you kidding? What happens if he doesn't post it fill like 5 in the morning? :lol: Maybe Luke already went to bed.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Alan wrote:Are you kidding? What happens if he doesn't post it fill like 5 in the morning? :lol: Maybe Luke already went to bed.
He didn't. He's at work on his final section (not Closing Thoughts, though I wish it were), then formatting and caps! I don't see it getting done in two hours to make the midnight Eastern deadline, but I sure hope it will be done by 12 AM Pacific - these late nights (read: early mornings) are killing me!
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

Robin Hood wrote:I can't wait until tomorrow. :)
Does anyone know if Future Shop will be having any deals on Cinderella?
$19.99 and a collector's tin.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Only an hour and 30 minutes left before "Cinderella" arrives on DVD for the first time.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Nala wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:I can't wait until tomorrow. :)
Does anyone know if Future Shop will be having any deals on Cinderella?
$19.99 and a collector's tin.
Oh, thanks for posting.
I wonder what the "collector's tin" looks like.
- Jonathan
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Luke wrote:
Alan wrote:Are you kidding? What happens if he doesn't post it fill like 5 in the morning? :lol: Maybe Luke already went to bed.
He didn't. He's at work on his final section (not Closing Thoughts, though I wish it were), then formatting and caps! I don't see it getting done in two hours to make the midnight Eastern deadline, but I sure hope it will be done by 12 AM Pacific - these late nights (read: early mornings) are killing me!
We appreciate it, Luke! I hope that you will at least get some sleep, this morning. I can't wait to read the review, and I can't wait to get the DVD in my hot little hands!

I'm already yawning, and it's only 9:39 p.m, here. I can't imagine how tired Luke will be.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

musicradio77 wrote:Only an hour and 30 minutes left before "Cinderella" arrives on DVD for the first time.
No place by me though is even open now anyway though. The only place that is open that would have it is the grocery store by me but they won't have it out till like 9am tomorrow when someone from general merchandise coems in to stock it. I know since I work there, lol. I should've gone in their back room yesterday to look at the DVD. So I can't pick it up till 9am at the earliest.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

I'll wait.... the same way I did with Aladdin.

8)

"You're only second rate!"
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

This is your last chance, only 5 minutes left until "Cinderella" comes out on DVD.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Our last chance for what? To post something before midnight? :lol:
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Lucylover1986 wrote:Our last chance for what? lol
You mean "Cinderella" is arriving on DVD! Yes it is! It's happening!
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

The last seconds is winding down... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BINGO!!!! "Cinderella" has just arrived on DVD!!! Congratulations! Everybody should love this movie. It's going to be the best DVD ever. It's popping all over the place like Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and other stores should get a copy of Disney's animated classic "Cinderella". Good luck!
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Sensational review.... as we would all naturally expect from UD !

It must be hard living up to all our expectations :)

Can't wait to hold a copy in my hands... Thank you so much for all your efforts.
Last edited by Tony on Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Thanks for the review, Luke! The review is making me a little alarmed, though; your review states that it is the weakest platinum edition yet; I hope that that is mainly due to your lack of enthusiasm towards the film, as I don't want a repeat of The Lion King DVD with Cinderella. :(
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Thanks for the review, Luke!

I'm a little less excited for this release, after your review, but I'm still excited. Having not seen Cinderella in many years, I'll either really enjoy it, or find it boring. Hopefully I'll enjoy it.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

Wao, I'm actually surprised by your rwview Luke! I didn't expect you'd be so honest with your opinion about the movie.

I can't say I'm offended or disappointed by it since Cinderella is not my favorite Disney movie or one of those (I must have seen it just twice in my life and don't even remeber it). But I hope people in the forum are more open minded. In fact, you review is the strongest one in the honest department than all the revies out there.

..but then again, I'm not a fan of the movie.

What really surprises me the most is as you said that it is "the weakest of the Platinums". How can anything beat The Lion King?

...and the lack of an audiocommentary or something similar. As you said, there's no excuse for the lack of it. Sleeping Beauty got one, and with the clever idea of the material used in Bambi there's not a single reason why they couldn't do the same with old titles (as a new "special feature" like the DEHTM).

What I can't wait for is the movie itself and the restoration but I'll have to wait for amazon.

Take care!

"You're only second rate!"
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Wonderlicious wrote:Thanks for the review, Luke! The review is making me a little alarmed, though; your review states that it is the weakest platinum edition yet; I hope that that is mainly due to your lack of enthusiasm towards the film, as I don't want a repeat of The Lion King DVD with Cinderella. :(
I can't decide if <i>The Lion King</i> is a worse DVD as far as bonus features go. I know I was extremely disappointed by it as it was my favorite. <i>Cinderella</i> seems to err in some places where that one did, with the elaborate extras that have nothing to do with the film. Of course, the new featurettes on <i>Cinderella</i>'s Disc 2 are better than anything I can think of that was on <i>The Lion King</i> DVD, but no commentary and I'm just rambling now, and probably repeating myself.

Thanks to those who read the review and offered feedback. It is most heartily appreciated.
sethn172
Gold Classic Collection

YES!!!!!

Post by sethn172 »

Howdy!

At long last, Cinderella has finally made it here on the DVD format! Not only that, but it might be believed that all the Disney animated movies up to this point are now on DVD!

I say we call for a celebration! :party:

sethn172
waltdisney123
Limited Issue

Post by waltdisney123 »

has someone the dvd already,and is it a good one :wink: