Kronk's New Groove

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
prnoct90

Short Summary

Post by prnoct90 »

Kronk's New Groove focuses on Yzma's dim henchman who is now on the straight and narrow. When his dad (voiced by John Mahoney of "Frasier") comes to visit, the mischief begins as Kronk madly tries to win his father's approval. Patrick Warburton returns as the voice of Kronk and is joined by other original cast members plus Tracy Ullman as a potential love interest.
LiMulan
Limited Issue

Post by LiMulan »

i wanna see this movie! so does my brother he loves kronk thanks for posting up those pics
Luke
Site Admin

Kronk's New Groove DVD Press Release

Post by Luke »

<center><b><u>AN ALL NEW MOVIE, PREMIERING ON DISNEY DVD!</u>

KRONK’S NEW GROOVE

Includes Fun Family Game and Bonus Features

<i><u>The Full-Length Animated Sequel to Disney’s
“The Emperor’s New Groove”

Arrives In Time For The Holidays On DVD December 13, 2005</i></u></b>
</center>

BURBANK, Calif., August 26, 2005 – It’s time to get your groove back when Walt Disney Home
Entertainment presents an all-new motion picture, <b>KRONK’S NEW GROOVE</b>, the feature-length
animated sequel to Disney’s hilarious “The Emperor’s New Groove,” premiering only on Disney
DVD on <b>December 13</b>, 2005. Loaded with laughs, this outrageous comedy stars Kronk, that
lovable hunk, on a riotous adventure that’s filled with hysterical mayhem and mishaps. Kronk
cooks up a get-rich-quick scheme to impress his Dad, whom he can never please. But when
things go wrong, Kronk kicks into comical gear and discovers the true riches in life are his
friends and being “true to your groove.”

The voice cast from “The Emperor’s New Groove” returns, with Patrick Warburton as Kronk,
David Spade as Kuzco, John Goodman as Pacha, and Eartha Kitt as that villainess of
villainesses, Yzma. Plus, there are fantastic new characters including Kronk’s dad Papi (John
Mahoney) and Miss Birdwell (Tracey Ullman).

Bonus materials are “Kronk’s Brain Game;” “Pyramid Scheme;” and the fun featuette “How To
Cook A Movie.” Overflowing with groovy tunes, including music from Earth, Wind and Fire, and
R&B sensation B5, <b>KRONK’S NEW GROOVE</b> is the perfect holiday gift, available for $29.99
(SRP) on DVD and VHS.

Life for Kronk is going pretty good these days. He was the muscle bound, but lovable henchman
that did all the dirty work for the evil Yzma in “The Emperor’s New Groove.” Now Emperor
Kuzco has changed his dastardly ways, and Yzma is nowhere to be found. Kronk’s one happy
guy! He thinks he has found the woman of his dreams, he is the head chef at Mudka’s Meat Hut
and he’s their Head Delivery Boy, and does he have friends – old ones, young ones, new ones
and, of course, there’s his good pal Pacha, and his Junior Chipmunk kids who make him the
best Camp Chimppamunka Leader around. To top it off, this is his movie! It’s all about him.
Great! Right? Wrong!

Kronk receives a letter from his Papi telling him he is coming for a visit. Kronk flips out! You
see, all Kronk has ever wanted from Papi is a thumbs-up of approval, but he’s never gotten it.

Then, Yzma returns and finds a way to lure Kronk back into her feline trap. She has found a
new youth potion and convinces Kronk to be the salesman to all his pals at the senior home. It’s
a scam, and when the big soft–hearted lug realizes this he gives them their house back. But the
woman of his dreams, Miss Birdwell, shuns him and breaks his heart.

With Papi still on his way, Kronk’s friends come to the rescue. Our lovable hero realizes he is
the richest, most successful man in the world – he has true friends. And Papi comes through
with a big thumbs-up. Kronk learns that to be happy you must be “True to your Groove.”

<b><u>STREET DATE: December 13, 2005</b></u>
<u>Direct prebook</u>: October 18, 2005
<u>Distributor prebook</u>: November 1, 2005
<u>Suggested retail price</u>: $29.99 (DVD), $29.99 (VHS)
<u>Rated</u>: “G”
Bonus materials not rated nor subtitled.
Bonus materials subject to change.
<u>Feature run time</u>: Approximately 75 minutes
<u>DVD aspect ratio</u>: 1.78:1, enhanced for 16x9 TV screens
<u>DVD Sound</u>: Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
<u>Language</u>: English, French, Spanish audio

Story by Tony Leondis & Michael LaBash and Tom Rogers. Screenplay by Tom Rogers.
Directed by Elliot M. Bour & Saul Andrew Blinkoff. Produced by DisneyToon Studios.

<p align="center"><font size="4"><a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... /ref=nosim">
<br>Buy <b>Kronk's New Groove</b> on DVD from Amazon.com</a>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/kronksnew ... html">Read our <b>Kronk's New Groove</b> DVD Review</a></font><br><br>
Last edited by Luke on Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tolhurst
Limited Issue

Post by Tolhurst »

Wow, I guess I don't need to see it now that I've read the ending in the press release!!!
Taleeya

Post by Taleeya »

29.99 SRP seems excessive......

I liked Emporer's New Groove, and Kronk was one of my favourites... but I think I'll be passing on this.... :)
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Taleeya wrote:29.99 SRP seems excessive......
You can preorder Kronk's New Groove off amazon for $20.99.
- Jonathan
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

The only reason why Disney is re-releasing The Emperor's New Groove is to support it's sequel Kronk's New Groove.
Not to be rude but I think it will be one of the worst sequels.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
James
Anniversary Edition

Re: Kronk's New Groove DVD Press Release

Post by James »

Sorry for being a pain, but on the main page it says that bonus features are to be announced. But in the press release it actually does include the names of some, if not all of the bonus features-
Luke wrote: Bonus materials are “Kronk’s Brain Game;” “Pyramid Scheme;” and the fun featuette “How To
Cook A Movie.” Overflowing with groovy tunes, including music from Earth, Wind and Fire, and
R&B sensation B5, <b>KRONK’S NEW GROOVE</b> is the perfect holiday gift, available for $29.99
(SRP) on DVD and VHS.
I'm not sure if you already knew that but there it is. I like the sound of the featurette, How to Cook A Movie. I agree that the new edition of the Emperor's New Groove is uneccessary, as it will make it even more difficult in deciding which edition to buy- The Standard Edition, The Ultimate Edition or The New Groove Edition. But I am looking forward to this release, as I love the first movie and I was hoping for a sequel release. I hope it is as good as the original.
-James
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I'm getting it. I like the characters int he first movie, I think the animation looks good and I like the story, it makes me misty-eyed for reasons I won't get into so this looks like it'll be one of the msot anticipated sequels for me in a long time. I was anticipating Mulan II but this one surprisingly I'm looking forward to so much more.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Kronk's New Groove DVD Press Release

Post by Luke »

James wrote:Sorry for being a pain, but on the main page it says that bonus features are to be announced. But in the press release it actually does include the names of some, if not all of the bonus features-
Thanks for pointing that out! I missed that amidst the surprisingly thorough story description, which I whizzed through having already seen the movie.
Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny »

I think the movie will be pretty good. I'm just glad the original voices of Kronk and Yzma have returned. Kronk is my favorite character!! :lol:
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

i'm gonna pick this up for 2 reasons...

1. i loved kronk in the original
2. collection purposes
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

I have high hopes for this one. They're not as high as my hopes for Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest, but it's something. I just hope it's funnier than the previews are letting on.

The "How to Cook a Movie" featurette sounds interesting as well. Could Disney actually be taking some pride in their DTVs and including making-of's for them from now on? I certainly hope so.
Luke wrote:I missed that amidst the surprisingly thorough story description, which I whizzed through having already seen the movie.
Oh come on, you can't say something like that and expect nobody to ask you if it was good or not. So, is Kronk's NG good? :)
- John
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Pasta67 wrote:Oh come on, you can't say something like that and expect nobody to ask you if it was good or not. So, is Kronk's NG good? :)
I'm not supposed to talk about it until the release gets nearer, but it's pretty decent. Close to the original in spirit and structure, though the former non-Kronk leads have had their roles severely reduced.
Mushu2083
Special Edition

Post by Mushu2083 »

I think I'll buy this. Not willing to pay $29.99 though. Another trip to Wal-Mart I guess.
Dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing.

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Mushu2083 wrote:I think I'll buy this. Not willing to pay $29.99 though. Another trip to Wal-Mart I guess.
Just a head's up: Wal-Mart won't be the only place to not sell this at $29.99. Almost all major new film releases carry an SRP of $29.99, and almost all are sold at far less than that both online and at real-life stores like Wal-Mart. As noted a few times above, Amazon is selling it for $20.99 with their fairly standard and solid 30% off preorder discount.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Is the cover art, the first thing to suggest Kuzco will make an appearance? After all he hasn't appeared in anyof the caps that have been released.

Dark_Waltz

Post by Dark_Waltz »

Oh I cannot wait I adore the first one! :D
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

ichabod wrote:Is the cover art, the first thing to suggest Kuzco will make an appearance?
I could've sworn that he had a tiny, tiny cameo in one of the trailers. But to answer your question, there have been other things to suggest that Kuzco will make an appearance. The best evidence is the press release.
The press release wrote:The voice cast from “The Emperor’s New Groove” returns, with Patrick Warburton as Kronk, David Spade as Kuzco, John Goodman as Pacha, and Eartha Kitt as that villainess of villainesses, Yzma.
He won't have a very big role, though. Since they actually got John Goodman and David Spade back, they shouldn't just only have a few lines, so here's hoping they have a little mini-story.

EDIT: Great coverart, by the way.
- John
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Pasta67 wrote:He won't have a very big role, though. Since they actually got John Goodman and David Spade back, they shouldn't just only have a few lines, so here's hoping they have a little mini-story.
They pretty much each have glorified cameos, before returning for a wacky, cross-dressing-filled finale!