Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story

Post by Prince Adam »

From Laughing Place: http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID100 ... 5&Section=

"With a swish of a wand, several Bibbidi Bobbidi Boos and the turning of storybook pages, the brand new stage show aboard Disney Cruise Line -- "Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story" -- immerses audiences in a new rendition of the happily ever after story of Cinderella and her Prince Charming.

Giving guests an opportunity to experience the story of Cinderella in a whole new way, the Broadway-style show recently made its theatrical debut in the Walt Disney Theatre aboard the Disney Magic cruise ship, just in time for the ship's special West Coast cruises honoring the 50th anniversary of the Disneyland park.

"This enchanting production brings some of the most beloved Disney characters to life in a compelling story the entire family can enjoy together," said Jim Urry, Director of Entertainment for Disney Cruise Line. "Everything from the music to the choreography to the incredible set designs and the humor and romance of the story will delight our guests."

With the story beginning where the original ended -- during the wedding celebration of Cinderella and Prince Charming -- good fortune takes a turn when a new character, evil Fairy Godfather Franco DiFortunato, enters the picture on behalf of Lady Tremaine, Cinderella's stepmother. Granting Lady Tremaine's wish, he sends the family back in time to break Cinderella's glass slipper, thus destroying her chances of marrying the prince and writing a whole new story for Cinderella.

The 52-minute production features a rich musical score with six original compositions and two classic Disney songs including the beloved "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" and "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes." With an accomplished cast, lavish costumes, elaborate set designs and special effects that cleverly turn back the pages of time, the combination seamlessly transitions the show from scene to scene."

Could this be what we're getting instead of a new DTV? Or are they testing out the storyline? Six original songs sounds promising, at least...
Defy Gravity...
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

I think the storyline of this production sounds a lot like Cinderella III (of course it's more explained in this article). I hope it will be about the same... It sounds interesting and non-childish!
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
2099net
Signature Collection

Re: Cinderella III: Twice Charmed?

Post by 2099net »

Prince Adam wrote: The 52-minute production features a rich musical score with six original compositions ...
Yes and at 60 mins (allow an extra 8 for opening and closing credits) its the ideal length for a DTV! :lol:
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

looks like a paradox is coming. Tremaine better stop it or I might blast her with a tommy gun. Stupid woman needs to goto the aslyum for loons.
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

Post by Joshrzmeup »

I gotta admit, that sounds really interesting. That would make for a good movie, DTV or not.
User formerly known as LizzieMcGuire Image
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

the stepmother threat must be elimated.
Mayflower

Post by Mayflower »

I saw the first one at a very gentle age and loved it. My previous experiences about II and III parts of all Disney's movies (despite some exceptions) were painful and sad. I simply can't imagine what may be possibly put in the IIor even in the III part of Cinderella. I surely won't watch both II and III in order to pay respect to my memories of the first Cinderella and to keep my nervous system healthy unless anyone who has already saw II and III movies will impress me and change my mind. :roll:
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Cinderella's Singing Voice and Due Date...perhaps?

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, sometimes sequels to a movie can taint the ideas of and feelings for a previous film, so I like to think of the Disney sequels to all the Walt era films as something that "could" happen, or maybe how the story progresses in a parallel universe. :lol: Just try to change your mind and think of the sequels in a different way.

And according to http://www.lmlmusic.com/bio.php?id=17, Tami Tappan will be the singing voice of Cinderella, and the DVD may come out in February 2007. :D Tami Tappan sang the song "When She Loved Me" in Toy Story 2. Also, I heard that Cinderella III might hit theaters in Europe, like Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest is supposed to.

I doubt that it will, but I sort of hope that Cinderella III will hit American theaters. But it would probably do badly, especially since Cinderella II never was in theaters and people will wonder why the the III is there when they never heard of II before. :lol:
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

DisneyFan 2000: Twice Barfed?
:D
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Although some moments in CINDERELLA 2 DREAMS COME TRUE briefly moved me, I found the whole thing quite bland.

I can only hope that the 3rd invokes some of the enchantment and warmth that the original possesses, and the storyline sounds intriguing.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

When does that new stage show on DCL start??? I'm going in Sept for my honeymoon-i hope it has started by then.

& did it replace any shows that were currently on it?
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

I think they´ll do that so the public search for the second movie to watch it.
A regular Disney fan would rent it or know that is not worthy to be evn rented.
On the other hand, we have children... :P
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

This is true! The plot has been officially announced!

Cinderella 3: The Body Switching Fairytale!

Just when you though Cinderella would have the pleasent "Happily Ever After" with her prince, then you were WRONG! It turns out Lady Tramaine is still jealous and has created a new body switching machine! She has plans to switch her body with Cinderella's so she can be the one that live "Happily Ever After". However the machine malfunctions and switches Cinderella's body with Rosie O'Donnell. This is bad since Rosie O'Donnell is a lesbeian so she want to go out with Lady Tremaine instead. Will Cinderella ever be placed back in her original body? And what about Lady Tramaine! Will she just become a lesbeian too, or will she just go to therapy for the rest of her life. Find out on September 11, 2005 when
Cinderella 2: The Body Switching Fairytale comes out on video. It's the movie Micheal Eisner calls, "The greatest animated filim ever! The type of film Walt Disney would die for! If you like getting root canals and breaking your bones, you'll LOVE this film just like I did!" Featuring the voice talents of Johnny Deep as the Prince, Nicole Kidman as Cinderella, Ellen Degeneres as Lady Tremaine and Rosie O'Donnell as herself! Based on a disscusion on UltimateDisney.com!
Last edited by Timon/Pumbaa fan on Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:Just when you though Cinderella would have the pleasent "Happily Ever After" with her prince, then you were WRONG! It turns out Lady Tramaine is still jealous and has created a new body switching machine! She has plans to switch her body with Cinderella's so she can be the one that live "Happily Ever After". However the machine malfunctions and switches Cinderella's body with Rosie O'Donnell. This is bad since Rosie O'Donnell is a lesbeian so she want to go out with Lady Tremaine instead. Will Cinderella ever be placed back in her original body? And what about Lady Tramaine! Will she just become a lesbeian too, or will she just go to therapy for the rest of her life.
(sigh) That same old plot. Every movie I've seen this year, the main character gets switched with Rosie O'Donnell. Try something new for once, Hollywood! :lol:
- John
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Come on its not that bad.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

well, we see that on the near future...when this DVD be released :wink:
Pasta67 wrote:
Timon/Pumba fan wrote:Just when you though Cinderella would have the pleasent "Happily Ever After" with her prince, then you were WRONG! It turns out Lady Tramaine is still jealous and has created a new body switching machine! She has plans to switch her body with Cinderella's so she can be the one that live "Happily Ever After". However the machine malfunctions and switches Cinderella's body with Rosie O'Donnell. This is bad since Rosie O'Donnell is a lesbeian so she want to go out with Lady Tremaine instead. Will Cinderella ever be placed back in her original body? And what about Lady Tramaine! Will she just become a lesbeian too, or will she just go to therapy for the rest of her life.
(sigh) That same old plot. Every movie I've seen this year, the main character gets switched with Rosie O'Donnell. Try something new for once, Hollywood! :lol:
one word:
EWWW!!
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

Pics from the premiere of the show:

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-91-1.asp

Seems like this would have to be called Cinderella 1 & 1/2...
Defy Gravity...
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

It looks like a cute show. The use of the film's original backgrounds on a projector screen is pretty clever, and I'm impressed by the fact that they got her ballgown color right (white and silver instead of the usual blue on merchandise). With some good writing, this could turn out to be a pretty decent DTV sequel. It definitely seems more interesting than what Cinderella II turned out to be...
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Personally, I think the show, while apparently well-done, looks rather odd and seems to be an unnecessary addition (naturally) to the Cinderella story. Of course, I've never seen it, nor have I heard the music, so I won't judge any further. If I was ever so lucky to board Disney Magic, I would be much more attracted to a stageshow of the original <i>Cinderella</i>.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

This just came in the mail from Disney Cruise Line. The show will only play on the Disney Magic, and only on the 7-Day cruise. I am going on the cruise in August, but not the 7-day one. I will do 4 days in the park, and 3 days on the cruise. The 7-day one is too long.

It says:
Think you know the story of Cinderella? Well now you can find out what happens after “Happily Ever After”. Turns out, her evil stepmother didn’t give up so easily. With the help of her own evil fairy godmother, she changes history and breaks a certain glass slipper. That puts Cinderella back to sweeping cinders and much worse. Will the Prince find his Princess? Can true love be found after the grand ball is over and without the enchanted shoes? Find out aboard Disney Magic. Featuring six original songs, and two Disney Classics. Twice Charmed- An original twist on the Cinderella Story plays exclusively on our 7-night voyages.