Beauty and the Beast Box Set?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
James
Anniversary Edition

Beauty and the Beast Box Set?

Post by James »

Can someone, perphaps Mickey Mouse Boy, please tell me if there was a Beauty and the Beast Trilogy Box Set? Its just that, while browsing through Mickey Mouse Boy's DVD collection, a box set next to The Lion King Trilogy looked suspiciously like a B&TB Box Set.
Take a look, here's the URL-http://www.geocities.com/flynracoon/MMB ... ction.html
What does everyone think?
-James
PrincessJen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PrincessJen »

dude, not that i know of....it'd be sooo cool if they had made a boxed set for Beauty and the Beast!
It's up to you and me, to face our destiny. The jury's here so let's take the stand.
Today4U
Limited Issue

Post by Today4U »

If I'm not mistaken, there was a special promotion to get a box that would hold the three Beauty and the Beast movies, and the supplies were extremely limited and not everyone received their order. Perhaps that is the box in the picture.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Today4U wrote:If I'm not mistaken, there was a special promotion to get a box that would hold the three Beauty and the Beast movies, and the supplies were extremely limited and not everyone received their order. Perhaps that is the box in the picture.
Thanks for the info! That's probably it! :)
-James
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

I believe Today is right. Seems to be it sold our right away and there were some very upset people on this board.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

James, in this <a href="http://www.geocities.com/flynracoon/Pho ... picture</a> (near the LION KING Gift Set), there's a picture of the Beauty and the Beast Box Set.

*courtesy of MickeyMouseBoy's collection.
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

RJKD23 wrote:James, in this <a href="http://www.geocities.com/flynracoon/Pho ... picture</a> (near the LION KING Gift Set), there's a picture of the Beauty and the Beast Box Set.

*courtesy of MickeyMouseBoy's collection.
Thanks :) , but that's the one that's the one that I was talking about in the first place. (Not trying to be mean, sarcastic or condesending)
-James
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

James wrote:Thanks :) , but that's the one that's the one that I was talking about in the first place. (Not trying to be mean, sarcastic or condesending)
-James
:oops: Haha! My fault! I forgot the MickeyMouseBoy in your first quote! And no, I didn't think you were mean, sarcastic, or condescending with that post. ;)

I wish they still made those. Not every teenager was collecting DVDs back then. :roll:
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Lightyear
Special Edition

Post by Lightyear »

I agree with you there RJ, I searched Ebay, Internet.. Everywhere for it and can't even find a reference besides here.
! !EBAY BOOTLEG'ERS! !
STDVDS : gasconsherri : haasenterprises : helppay4kidscollege : mtandk0614 : zoosed : sniperxray2 : moker04 : dvdtitan : jedsdvds4u : dvd_isle : ander_island : hollabrady : aikon83 : nowentertmt : tell_your_story
grassmonk

Post by grassmonk »

Mr. Toad wrote:I believe Today is right. Seems to be it sold our right away and there were some very upset people on this board.
It must have sold out really quickly; I bought all three movies for my wife and sent in the mail-in form pretty quickly. A few months later they sent my check for shipping and handling back to me, saying quantities had been depleted.
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

It sucks that the Certificate thingy wasn't in "BEAUTY & THE BEAST" because I bought BATB 2&3 in 2003 and that's when I found out about it and It was really too late :(
Lightyear
Special Edition

Post by Lightyear »

This is one of the things about Disney I honesty hate.. I partially understand the reasoning behind it.. They want to make the product that much more collectable, but on the same breath, they are shafting others who want to have these things... Box sets, collectors editions..

I'm sorry, but if you set out to distribute a box set to house the 3 movies, and you decide to run say.. 10,000 (entirely guessing) and when you put the offer out there (how much was it?) and in a few days you've allready depleted your inventory.. That's a pretty good indication that more than what you had expected want this.. so make more..

Granted, I hadn't heard of it until this thread was posted.. But I didn't start seriously collecting DVD's until this year, and now I'd like to add this to the collection...

Sometimes I think Disney enjoy's playing both good and bad..
! !EBAY BOOTLEG'ERS! !
STDVDS : gasconsherri : haasenterprises : helppay4kidscollege : mtandk0614 : zoosed : sniperxray2 : moker04 : dvdtitan : jedsdvds4u : dvd_isle : ander_island : hollabrady : aikon83 : nowentertmt : tell_your_story
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

RJKD23 wrote:
James wrote:Thanks :) , but that's the one that's the one that I was talking about in the first place. (Not trying to be mean, sarcastic or condesending)
-James
:oops: Haha! My fault! I forgot the MickeyMouseBoy in your first quote! And no, I didn't think you were mean, sarcastic, or condescending with that post. ;)

I wish they still made those. Not every teenager was collecting DVDs back then. :roll:
Phew! I'm glad that you didn't take my comment in a negative way! :)
And yes I am soo angry that those boxes aren't made anymore! I wonder if they'll start printing them againd, if there's enough people who want them. But I'm sure that Disney won't.
And which movie, of the trilogy, is everyone's favourite? Some people might find it hard to believe, but I didn't like the original as much as I liked Beauty and the Beast- The Enchanted Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I adore the first movie, but who, honestly, can resist a good Christmas movie?
-James
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

That Box Set Looks Cool, They Should Have Just Made Them Into a Boxset Like they Did With The Lion King. :(
- Jonathan