When are we going to see Ducktales on DVD?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

first things first:
Welcme Voiceactor76!

I wonder why it haven´t ben released yet in the US, because here as R4 it have a long time on the stores and, even because almost anyonme buy it is now with a lower price.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Re: Any word on a ducktales the movie dvd release.

Post by RJKD23 »

voiceactor76 wrote:Hi there everyone,
first off this is my first post here so please bear with my horrible internet grammar and spelling.
(youd be surprised how rude people can be about this on other boards)
Welcome to UD, voiceactor76! :wave:
You'll find that this is a "friendly forum" filled with nice people and jokers! (watch out for them! 8)) Hope to see you posting! :up:

Yea, same thoughts like those three said above.
Buy the VHS, it's fine for now...until the DVD gets released. :)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
voiceactor76

Post by voiceactor76 »

thanks all for the great welcome, really appreciated.
this is that one movie that i have been waiting for very paitently for a very long time. and i hope its not a disapointment when it finnaly gets released. and by disapointment i mean not released in widescreen.
thanks for suggesting the vhs i used to have it years ago but i no longer have a vcr havent had one since i bought my first dvd player back in 1997.
I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have in fact caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But as you can see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are opened, and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means friendship
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Well It should be widescreen as the non US DVDs have been widescreen. But than again it would be a very "Disney" thing to do and annoy everyone by pan and scanning it! Although I wouldn't hope for too much in the way of bonus features! :roll:
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Isidour wrote: I wonder why it haven´t ben released yet in the US, because here as R4 it have a long time on the stores and, even because almost anyonme buy it is now with a lower price.
Branching off on what Isidour says, you could always try to import the Mexican R4 edition, which I believe is multi-compatible with US DVD players. Even if the box is all in Spanish, I'm pretty sure that it will contain an English soundtrack, so that may be you're best option for now.

Oh, and welcome!
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

not only the soundtrack, you can choose on the menu between english,spanish and portuguese, is a screen before playing the DVD.
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

You people don't take a hint. ¡Ala coño! To the Merge with you. newbies and veterans. :headshake:
voiceactor76

Post by voiceactor76 »

is it in widescreen? if it is where do any of you imagine i could fairly easily pick up a copy of the mexican version?
thank you soo much
I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have in fact caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But as you can see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are opened, and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means friendship
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

deathie mouse wrote:You people don't take a hint. ¡Ala coño! To the Merge with you. newbies and veterans. :headshake:
But Mr. Deathie, what would you be doing then if it wasn't for us newbies! 8) why, if it wasn't for you and the other mods, we'd be lost. :?
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

deathie mouse wrote:You people don't take a hint. ¡Ala coño! To the Merge with you. newbies and veterans. :headshake:
Ok, you can say:
"A la chingada"
"Al coÑo"
"no me rompás las pelotas"--argntine accent--

But Ala...Dude, that mean Wing
Uncle Remus
Anniversary Edition

Post by Uncle Remus »

Judging by the fact that Duck Tales the Movie has been shown lately on Disney Channel and Toon Disney, I am guessing that Disney will be releasing the movie in the near future. The only thing about it is that when the movie comes out, it will be released as a "quiet release" like when The Rescuers and The Great Mouse Detective came out. My guess is that it will be like one of those live action catalouge releases that you see here on the website but are never advertised at stores like Wal-Mart or Best Buy. Another fact that when it is released on DVD, it might just be available through something like the Disney Movie Club. I saw the movie on television a couple days ago. The last time I saw the movie before it aired on television lately was probably 4 to 5 years ago on Toon Disney (when Duck Tales finally appeared for the first time on Toon Disney). So I am guessing that Duck Tales the Movie will be probably released next year or perhaps later this year.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

It will get released on DVD some time. Most likely next year. I'm more excited about the t.v. series coming out which probably won't come out soon. :(
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

pero que chorizo :-P

Post by deathie mouse »

Post Countess, you're a newbie?? :o Judging from your post count i'd think you're older than me by about 2.35x ;)

Isi, if you aren't familiar or know all the local Spanish idioms and phrases, just Mexican and Argentinian, don't come telling me what i wrote was wrong. :-P ¡Ala!

And no, said that way, don't mean wing to about at least 42 million Spanish speakers, plus uncountable millions of their emigrated families :twisted:

Going back to the thread: dudes, 9944/100th% of theatrical releases done in about the last half century are in widescreen (There are exceptions like Coppola's One from The Heart :-P) so if you have a DVD of a Theatrical Movie and it's around 50 years or less old, it should be in widescreen. You don't have to wait for a widescreen release on another region to find out. UDies, check your discs :-P

thank you soo much
On other threads (mainly on the International Forum) UD members have posted url's to places that sell R4 America DVD's :-P altho you being in the city of The Angels, maybe if you look around or travel south you could find it on some store?

And there's some PAL Ducktales stuff (if you can handle it) you can buy through UD, go lookee:

<a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... Ducktaling stuff</a>