CINDERELLA Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Wow, I didn't know that a lot of people like the movie Cinderlla. I think my teacher read the story of Cinderella to my class in 1st to 6th grade.

I see the word cinder in Cinderella. How interesting. 8) Cinder means ashes. I think Cinderella works near a fireplace, no? I am also reminded of the Old French word cendre that means ashes. I think Cinderella is a French fairytale? Maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry for the slightly off-topic post. I just found my observations intersting.
shr_fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by shr_fan »

Starion wrote: I see the word cinder in Cinderella. How interesting. 8) Cinder means ashes. I think Cinderella works near a fireplace, no?
Yes. That's why she's called Cinderella. Her real name is Ella, and she "sleeps among the cinders". I think thats how the musical says it.
I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.-Louisa May Alcott
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

I don't quite understand why everyone gets all bent out of shape for some of the extras being geared toward kids. They have to put in some stuff for the kids who will undoubtably get this dvd as well. All in all it seems like a great release and I'm definitly excited about it. The extra about the missing storyboard sounds really interesting and will be one of the ones that I'll watch.

Tabbi <3
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Definitly want to see what got changed and why.
alchimiste72

Can't wait!!

Post by alchimiste72 »

Can't Wait to get this one too!! :D

I already have the previous two boxed gift set for Lion King and Aladdin. This one will be a sure hit... Lots of great bonus. This what DVD collector is about!! Thank you Disney!

... And UD for giving us the Ultimate taste of what's to come!
:lol:
See ya :!: :!:
°°°°°°°°°°° A L C H I M I S T E 7 2 °°°°°°°°°°°

Always stay young at heart...

From Québec, Qc (Canada)
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Thanks for the information shr_fan. I wonder if the DVD will mention a musical or the French influence. Hmm

I do want to watch the storyboard videos and the behind-the-scenes fotage too.
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

Disney Lover wrote:I don't quite understand why everyone gets all bent out of shape for some of the extras being geared toward kids. They have to put in some stuff for the kids who will undoubtably get this dvd as well.
Because more extras for kids = less extras for adults. The childish extras waist disc space.
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

i think im about to bust something here. I can hardly wait for this dvd. I want it now-haha....
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

YAY!!!! WOW I can't wait!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
It sounds great!! That gown designer sounds cool! :)

espn sports though?? That's kinda weird..... :roll:
Image Image
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Disney does own ESPN sports. lol
kenai3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kenai3000 »

Can't Wait For This Release it Looks Like it Will be the Next Good Platinum Like Snow White
Disney is awesome, and was the biggest part of my childhood.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Well, I'm thinking of getting the Box set or two Cinderella DVD's. What should I do? Or mayby all three. :wink:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Well, I'm thinking of getting the Box set or two Cinderella DVD's. What should I do? Or mayby all three. :wink:
You might as well get an additional Cinderella Boxset for the secret santa this year then. :p
(only kidding MMP! :lol:)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I'm wondering if this DVD will have a celebrity host in the way that Snow White had Angela Lansbury and Bambi had Patrick Stewart? I really like their involvement with those releases, and would like to see another celebrity of the same stature and skill in hosting on this one.

Assuming a commentary track ends up being included, I'm not seeing any complaints here for things that <i>aren't</i> included, and if there aren't any of those, it doesn't make much sense to have so many complaints about things that <i>are</i> included
Joe Carioca wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote: I read that Cinderella was Walt's favourite movie (I'm not 100% sure, though; other sources have said it was Bambi, Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty or So Dear to My Heart).
Walt once said his favourite piece of animation was that of Cinderella getting her dress, but "Bambi" is know to be his very favourite animated feature. As for "Sleeping Beauty", I believe it was one of his [/i]least favourites.
Interesting. <i>Alice</i> was among his lesser favorites too, right? I remember a quote about it having no heart, or something along those lines.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

I can explain the french influence you were wondering about...
The story "Cindrellion" (not 100% on the spelling) was written in the 1800's by french author Charles Perrault. I guess the movie's setting would be France too? And yes the "Cendre" was used in the name to mean ashes. :roll:
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

awallaceunc wrote:
Joe Carioca wrote:Walt once said his favourite piece of animation was that of Cinderella getting her dress, but "Bambi" is know to be his very favourite animated feature. As for "Sleeping Beauty", I believe it was one of his [/i]least favourites.
Interesting. <i>Alice</i> was among his lesser favorites too, right? I remember a quote about it having no heart, or something along those lines.
I wonder if the fact that both "Alice" and "Sleeping Beauty" made little money had some effect on his opinion on them, hehe.
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

Wow this relase sounds amazing and I am defintley looking forward to it considering I dont feel like we have to to good of a DVD release yet this year. I mean there have been nice ones but they are not always what I expect. So hopefully Cindy's release wont let me down :) . Thanks for posting the information Luke :) .
Disney... Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are Forever
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Joe Carioca wrote:
awallaceunc wrote: Interesting. <i>Alice</i> was among his lesser favorites too, right? I remember a quote about it having no heart, or something along those lines.
I wonder if the fact that both "Alice" and "Sleeping Beauty" made little money had some effect on his opinion on them, hehe.
haha... possibly! Actually it wouldn't surprise me. He was a perfectionist, and if some of his projects weren't as well received by his beloved public, he might well have looked upon them more critically.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

awallaceunc wrote:
Joe Carioca wrote: I wonder if the fact that both "Alice" and "Sleeping Beauty" made little money had some effect on his opinion on them, hehe.
haha... possibly! Actually it wouldn't surprise me. He was a perfectionist, and if some of his projects weren't as well received by his beloved public, he might well have looked upon them more critically.

-Aaron
Not necessarily. Remember Fantasia crashed and burned...but Walt LOVED Fantasia.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

DaveWadding wrote:Not necessarily. Remember Fantasia crashed and burned...but Walt LOVED Fantasia.
This is true. It went on to reverse that though, whereas SB and Alice are still seen as the less-loved classics, and Fantasia was understandably different than what people expected, but I see your point.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod