The Worst Atrocity to Ever Befall Humankind - Kidz Bop!

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

Are we calling Britney a singer?! :o
well, let's just say, she's as good as a singer as she is as picking a husband. ;)

KIDZ BOP..:roll:
it's a sad thing.
apparently, Disney's animation is not the only thing running out of ideas in this world.
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Yeah really what's next KIDZ BOP singing Metallica, Korn, or Rob Zombie. Although, I would be very interested in seeing this more or less finding it histarical.:)
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

*Andy* wrote:Doesnt matter. I dont want this to turn into some sort of argument really :?
Yeah but arguing is fun though. BTW I didn't mean to upset you I was just only fooling you. Didn't you notice the wink?;)
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Zoltack wrote:
*Andy* wrote:Doesnt matter. I dont want this to turn into some sort of argument really :?
Yeah but arguing is fun though. BTW I didn't mean to upset you I was just only fooling you. Didn't you notice the wink?;)
Sorry. Should of seen you were just messing its just im a big britney fan, heck heres the fansite i run: www.britneysource.co.uk
I just took it the wrong way thats all.....
hiiiii
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

I'm seeing a whole different side to you, Andy! :o
Tis okay if you adore Britney! :) (so, just ignore my comment I made about her. :p)
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

But without an argument how will it be fun? :lol:
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Ah no ive kept it secret for so long about loving Britney..... :lol:
I needed to tell the world!!! :D
hiiiii
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

Mr. Toad wrote:Espcially if you use the Cindi Lauper definition of Bop.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll never look at it the same again!!!!

Heh. There's several angles to look at it. . . most kids don't understand the complexities and depth of good music (not that I'd call most pop particularly good or deep,) they just want something fun to listen to and sing along with. And that's fine with me. Not that I don't want to pull out my hair when the kids ask to play it, but it's better than them listening to the radio and singing "You make me wanna la la, in the kitchen on the floor. . ."

And if it's sanitized a bit, well, whatever. There's plenty of other ways that kids can learn about sex, like radio and TV, right? But seriously, it's up to the parents on what they get for their kids.

Yeesh. Some of you know I work with kids, and I recently talked about Kidz Bop in another thread. I'm not sure it's the type of thing I'd want to buy my kids whenever I have them. Hopfully they'll have the chance to understand the real stuff at face value.
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Sunset Girl wrote:Not that I don't want to pull out my hair when the kids ask to play it, but it's better than them listening to the radio and singing "You make me wanna la la, in the kitchen on the floor. . ."
Don't even get me started on Ashlee Simpson...she is one of THE worst people in music.
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

DaveWadding wrote:
Sunset Girl wrote:Not that I don't want to pull out my hair when the kids ask to play it, but it's better than them listening to the radio and singing "You make me wanna la la, in the kitchen on the floor. . ."
Don't even get me started on Ashlee Simpson...she is one of THE worst people in music.
Oh gawd, im also a very big Ashlee Simpson fan :lol:
But no i dont run a fansite on her :wink:
hiiiii
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

*Andy* wrote:
DaveWadding wrote: Don't even get me started on Ashlee Simpson...she is one of THE worst people in music.
Oh gawd, im also a very big Ashlee Simpson fan :lol:
IMO, you need better taste in music, Andy, lol.

Anyways, I try to avoid any of those kiddie-fied version songs. Though it reminds me of an episode of Drew Carey where he and this 11 year old girl are at a karaoke bar, and the girl knows two songs, one of them being "Do that to me one more time". She starts singing it to Drew, which leads the bar patrons to start booing, and Drew remarks, "Hey, you and I know what the song means and she doesn't, so stop thinking what you're thinking" or something like that.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

*Andy* wrote:Oh gawd, im also a very big Ashlee Simpson fan :lol:
:headshake: I was cool with you liking Britney...but Ashlee?! :o
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

Heh.

Like I've said a few times before, I used to despise pop music. I'm not so hard on it anymore, but I still feel the industry takes itself way too seriously.

But not why not like a song if it's fun and catchy? Music is supposed to be about enjoyment and expression, and not all of it has to be deep.

I listen to a huge variety, and there's actually a couple of Britney Spears songs I like, but I'm really more into the likes of Tori Amos, Ani Difranco, and other stuff that rarely gets radio play. On the other hand, I also enjoy things like System of a Down, Linkin Park, Incubus, Simple Plan, the Killers, Rob Thomas, J-Pop, pop from the 80's and 90's, oldies from the 50's through the 70's. . . you could argue for or against this stuff when it comes to what's "valid" and what isn't, but it all comes down to whether or not you take it for what it is and find some kind of enjoyment out of it.

So if you're an Ashlee fan, more power to ya. I just can't get past the fact that she seems so phony and desperate to get out of her sister's shadow. Not that I blame her or anything, mind you. It's just too bad it's more about the image than the music.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Mr. Toad wrote:Ahh but they are following the great tradition of Bette Midler, Don Johnson, Bruce Willis and many others who thought their name value would carry to a recording career. None of them could sing either.
I'll give you the rest, but Bette was singing from the beginning.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

RJKD23 wrote:
*Andy* wrote:Oh gawd, im also a very big Ashlee Simpson fan :lol:
:headshake: I was cool with you liking Britney...but Ashlee?! :o
:lol: Haha!
Maybe i should leave before i let any other secrets out :shock: :wink:
hiiiii
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

awallaceunc wrote:
Mr. Toad wrote:Ahh but they are following the great tradition of Bette Midler, Don Johnson, Bruce Willis and many others who thought their name value would carry to a recording career. None of them could sing either.
I'll give you the rest, but Bette was singing from the beginning.

-Aaron
Allright, most of her stuff is rancid, but the Yellow Rose was good so we will chalk most of the problems up to the material rather than the singer.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

:lol: Agreed. I think she's a very talented vocalist but am not so crazy about a lot of her songs.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

Andy, hate to tell you, but you're the first person I've met who actually likes Britney. I did like what, six years ago??? It was ages ago and I was a stupid, little kid.

Kidz Bop is awful. Some of those songs are bad enough when adults do them...but these kids can't even SING!!!!

Ashlee Simpson is okay. I like one of her songs...yes the secret's out and soon I'll be as "uncool" as Andy! (sorry, Andy!).

Oh, and Sunset Girl, it's not "La La." That song drives me nuts. It's too loud...I like "Pieces of Me." But, yeah, it's old now. :oops:

So my secret is out...I guess I should let the attacking begin.
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

chaychay102royal wrote:Oh, and Sunset Girl, it's not "La La." That song drives me nuts. It's too loud...I like "Pieces of Me." But, yeah, it's old now. :oops:
Eh, that's not a bad song, so don't be ashamed. :wink: But they played it on the radio way too much for my taste and I got sick of it. That SNL moment kind of ruined it for me as well. . .

Yeah, I know that most pop singers will lip-sync from time to time, and Ashlee just happened to be the one that got caught. But that was soon after she was quoted to saying that she was above lip-syncing because singing live is an artistic performance or whatever, and knowing that totally turned me off. I liked the song before, but now I have a hard time buying the fact that she stands behind any of those lyrics. I mean, it's such a positive and uplifting song, and that's why I intially liked it. Now it feels hopelessly contrived.
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

:roll: Who said its uncool to like them?? :lol:
Good job i didnt tell you im a Lindsay Lohan fan then isnt it really? :shock:
hiiiii