What will be the next Region 2 Treasures?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Well, what do you think?

Goofy
53%
Disneyland
No votes
Behind the Scenes
7%
Mickey Mouse Club
No votes
MM in B+W Vol 1
20%
Davy Crockett
No votes
Tomorrowland
No votes
On the Front Lines
7%
Europe exclusive: Disneyland Paris (for Ichabod)
7%
Nothing! :(
7%

Total votes: 15

Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

What will be the next Region 2 Treasures?

Post by Wonderlicious »

Now that MMILC2 and Donald Vol 1 have been released in the UK, what do you think could come next? Goofy, Disneyland, Behind the Scenes?

Perhaps nothing (most likely, this'll be it)? :wink:
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Don't drag me into this! Wondy! I've been apposed to this Disneyland Paris idea from the start! ;)

I think Goofy will probably be the most likely of those.

The others probably won't have the sale ability. The 2 Davy Crockett films (one already available the other probably on its way) will cover the Crockett fans in the UK. BTSATWDS will probably not be very enticing to many as with the other Disneyland shows alhtough It is possible that the feature "The Reluctant Dragon" will gets its own individual release, the same may apply to Victory through Air Power, although I feel the latter is less likely. I doubt the shorts from OTFL would be released either as they are very "American" and this may be something that may not appeal, also it would depend on the current UK/Germany relations.

I'd say that the next wave would probably feature Goofy and Pluto.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

ichabod wrote:Don't drag me into this! Wondy! I've been apposed to this Disneyland Paris idea from the start! ;)
You said the only thing on that would be shots of people on the rides, but you are somewhat wrong; a big archival piece on this exists; when Disneyland Paris opened in 1992, there was a huge opening ceromony broadcast across Europe, so that could serve up as a chunk of an International exclusive. But then the Disney fans in USA would moan at the idea that we got an exclusive and claim that they get nothing. It happens. :roll:
Roklie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Roklie »

I don't live in England, but as I live in Europe and in a country where we only get some specific treasures and not everything they get in the US I have to vote for the Live-Action ones. Or actually not, On the Front Lines is a must, but it's probably a little too much for the kids to handle with Hitler and stuff, blaeh. I don't know, I want everything or at least stuff that's more mature and interesting.
Disney DVD's 2005: Bambi PE, Alice in Wonderland SE, Tarzan SE, Cinderella PE - much much more!
punkoala

Post by punkoala »

I've gone for B&W Mickey because I'd love to see that. Although I think it unlikely. Just laughed real loud at Steamboat Willy the other night and I'd love to see some more of the early gags.

Realistically it'll be Goofy and Pluto if anything. Unless Disney UK decide to do something inventive like pick the best bits of the Treasures series that will appeal to the UK market and produce it's own product.

Yeah right, like that'll happen.
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

You think a DisneyWorld treause will ever come out? :?
hiiiii
Matty-Mouse
Special Edition

Post by Matty-Mouse »

Goofy and Pluto is my guess, but I'd love to see Goofy and B&W Mickey Vol 1.
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?

Well thats actually low in fat so you can eat as much of that as you like.