Boy Meets World Season 3 announcement, whereare thou?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Ahhh, the agony! Boy Meets World Season 3 announcement, whereare thou? I must have "The Happiest Show On Earth" now! Ok, so it's already on my computer, courtesy of #Disney-Central, but still, I want the DVD! Come on, BVHE!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Mushu2083
Special Edition

Post by Mushu2083 »

Try Wal-Mart. I saw a whole bunch of them there when I bought Bambi on Tuesday.
Dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing.

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Note: This is an old thread that I bumped. I just didn't want to start a whole new one to lament. :wink:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

awallaceunc wrote:Note: This is an old thread that I bumped. I just didn't want to start a whole new one to lament. :wink:

-Aaron
But it probably deserves its own topic! :)
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Man! I am so P.O'd. Where is Season Three?? I need it now!!

I love BMW and its my fav of all the Disney Tv DVDs out now.
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
Angela
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angela »

That's what I want to know, what the heck is the holdup? I am afraid with them delaying it that they might just cancel this release and future releases all together :o I hope not, I doubt Season 2 sold that poorly :o
Eric: "If stupidity was in the Olympics, you'd win Nobel Prize"-(Train of Fools-Boy Meets World)
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

Angela wrote:That's what I want to know, what the heck is the holdup? I am afraid with them delaying it that they might just cancel this release and future releases all together :o I hope not, I doubt Season 2 sold that poorly :o
Oh! I highly doubt that! Im pretty sure it sold decently. What Im worried about is if its taking this long between season, itll be eternity until they are done. Look whats happening to The Simpsons. Started releaseing in 2001 and theyre only on Season 5 DVD, and they have 15 more to go!!

My DVD's / My Space
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

There have been ads for it- it's definitely coming. There's just no date yet. Disney has been announcing stuff kind of late lately.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Angela
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angela »

I'm wondering if the holdup is because of the song "The Grass is Always Greener" by Art Garfunkel? They might be trying to get the rights to use the song on the DVD. I hope they can get it, otherwise "The Grass is Always Greener"(the episode) won't be the same, I mean the episode was named after the song.
Eric: "If stupidity was in the Olympics, you'd win Nobel Prize"-(Train of Fools-Boy Meets World)
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

SofaKing381222 wrote:
Angela wrote:That's what I want to know, what the heck is the holdup? I am afraid with them delaying it that they might just cancel this release and future releases all together :o I hope not, I doubt Season 2 sold that poorly :o
Oh! I highly doubt that! Im pretty sure it sold decently. What Im worried about is if its taking this long between season, itll be eternity until they are done. Look whats happening to The Simpsons. Started releaseing in 2001 and theyre only on Season 5 DVD, and they have 15 more to go!!
At lest The Simpsons are better than Mary Tyler Moore granted at first it did not sell well but it came out in 2001 and Season 2 is coming in the summer
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

So ,does anyone know when we will hear about this DVD? I'm getting ver impatient! Do you think Disneys trying to catch up there other TVDVDs (HI, GG) so that next wave they can all be released as season threes?

My DVD's / My Space
Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny »

Well, whenever it comes out, I am buying it on the first day. I've waited too long for this... :D
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Angela wrote:I'm wondering if the holdup is because of the song "The Grass is Always Greener" by Art Garfunkel? They might be trying to get the rights to use the song on the DVD. I hope they can get it, otherwise "The Grass is Always Greener"(the episode) won't be the same, I mean the episode was named after the song.
I've never seen the episode but if it's that important to the episode then Disney will do whatever it takes so don't worry.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Lucylover1986 wrote:
Angela wrote:I'm wondering if the holdup is because of the song "The Grass is Always Greener" by Art Garfunkel? They might be trying to get the rights to use the song on the DVD. I hope they can get it, otherwise "The Grass is Always Greener"(the episode) won't be the same, I mean the episode was named after the song.
I've never seen the episode but if it's that important to the episode then Disney will do whatever it takes so don't worry.
Well, an episode of "Popular" that made multiple references to a certain Spandau Ballet classic from the '80s didn't feature that song, even though it apparently did when it aired, so I wouldn't count on that. (Don't even get me started on Lions Gate and ALF - the episode called "Help Me, Rhonda" sans the song). But anyway, I doubt that one song would be reason for the delay.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Angela
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angela »

Luke wrote:
Lucylover1986 wrote: I've never seen the episode but if it's that important to the episode then Disney will do whatever it takes so don't worry.
Well, an episode of "Popular" that made multiple references to a certain Spandau Ballet classic from the '80s didn't feature that song, even though it apparently did when it aired, so I wouldn't count on that. (Don't even get me started on Lions Gate and ALF - the episode called "Help Me, Rhonda" sans the song). But anyway, I doubt that one song would be reason for the delay.
You know I got thinking, maybe they are delaying so that they can get back to releasing BMW, Home Improvement and The Golden Girls together again?

Plus there was the song the Monkees sang in "Rave On" I wonder if they have to get the rights for that song as well?

Also I listed the Art Garfunkel song title wrong it's called "All of Me" or something similiar to that, I can't remember the exact title