Go find a copy of Disney Magazine Summer 2003 NOW!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Go find a copy of Disney Magazine Summer 2003 NOW!

Post by Jake Lipson »

The summer 2003 issue of Disney Magazine just came and it makes for essential reading. The cover story, of course, is a very detailed 7-page article on the making of Finding Nemo (Marlin and Dory grace the cover on a sea background). It also has a look at Pirates of the Carribbean, as well as smaller articles about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea DVD, Miyazaki DVD, Lizzie McGuire, and how 3 girls with life-threatening illnesses got their wish to be movie extras granted by appearing in the Freaky Friday remake (that article is actulally very touching.) Also, there are little blurbs about Treasure Planet and Treasure Island on disc; The Haunted Mansion and Hidalgo. (And that's just the movie stuff!) There's also a lengthy article on Disney comic books, and behind-the-scenes articles on the parks as well as all the usual columns and such. Really an impressive read. I suggest you pick it up. I've been subscribing to and reading Disney Magazine for a couple years now, but this is one of the more impressive issues I've seen. (I'm sorry this message sounds promotional, but it really is a great issue worth the purchase for any Disney fan.)

(Oh yeah, and there's an insert about how to win tickets to a screening of Finding Nemo a day early!)
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Sounds pretty cool!

Post by Papa Bear »

I will have to pick it up after work tonight!!!
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

hrm.. after hearing this, I might have to check it out....
wdwleesa
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wdwleesa »

For any of you that might be subscribers, I received mine in the mail today. I was surprised as I usually get mine later than everyone else. Jake is right-it's a great issue!

Leesa :)
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

I've picked this mag up a few times (very expensive here), but this looks like a must buy issue!

Thanks for the tip, Jake!
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter