DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:06 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:45 pm
Posts: 3314
look at that huh..patience is a virtue. ;)

Well, the only difference is what..$1 right?
I say, wait till 10a.m. for the Best buy release! I'm sure the thumper plush will make up for the 10 hrs lost. ;)

I'm also waiting to see Circuit City's deal!

_________________
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:21 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:40 am
Posts: 6629
Location: The Incredibles LA!!!
RJKD23 Wrote:

Quote:
I'm also waiting to see Circuit City's deal!


Bambi is $15.99 plus you get candy(Milk Duds/Mike and Ike or Raisinets can vary by store. I'm getting mine at Best Buy for $15.99 plus Thumper plush animal. :D

_________________
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:28 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:45 pm
Posts: 3314
wow..candy. :roll: how cheap! (then again, they were the ones who gave away GENIE Plush for aladdin 2&3! :D)

...ok, so its set.
I'm gonna order Bambi online + free thumper plush through UD's link for Best Buy. 8)
(because I wanna support the site! And see, I took away my siggy image for the dial-up users saying it takes too long for the forum to load :))

_________________
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:33 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:40 am
Posts: 6629
Location: The Incredibles LA!!!
At Circuit City if you buy The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie you could save 10% off any other family or kids movie. I say big deal it's not a Disney film.

_________________
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:44 am 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:35 pm
Posts: 118
i don't care about the price so if unless any other store could come up with a better offer, i will be going to Best Buy and get the Thumper Plush.

Thumper is O.K. but i would much rather have a Bambi Plush but i will just buy it seperatly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:26 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 2039
Location: Brazil
Very nice interview, it shows how much credibility this site has gotten.

Hmm, I don't get why Disney didn't include a preview from "Pocahontas" on the "Bambi" DVD, since this was a perfect title for cross-promotion. Maybe the release date still wasn't set when they finished the production of the DVD?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:56 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:10 am
Posts: 4816
Location: Wonderland
Based on the review Luke did for The Incredibles, it seems no Pocahontas ad shows up there, either. It seems like Disney will do to Pocahontas what they did to Alice in Wonderland - minimal advertising. Not once did I ever see a trailer for the Alice: ME with the exception of that one trailer that covered all of the SE's (Alice, Pocahontas, and Lilo). The same thing is happening to Pocahontas, apparantly.

_________________
Kelvin
Image
My Blu-ray Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:05 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:14 pm
Posts: 686
Well Pocahontas doesn't have a big sales appeal to the general public either... They can't use "First time on DVD" and other marketing stunts. The general public probably owns the Gold Collection edition already, so BVHE doesn't see the potential...

_________________
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:21 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:33 pm
Posts: 1220
Another thing worth mentioning is that Disney is also releasing National Treasure on DVD May 3, which could and probably will cut into sales potential for Pocahontas. Also, which one do you think will recieve more promotion? :(

_________________
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:29 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:57 pm
Posts: 10033
Location: Dinosaur World
Jake Lipson wrote:
Another thing worth mentioning is that Disney is also releasing National Treasure on DVD May 3, which could and probably will cut into sales potential for Pocahontas. Also, which one do you think will recieve more promotion? :(


Well, new titles inherently sell more than older ones...but in this case, someone who would have bought National Treasure may be intrigued to get <i>Pocahontas</i> too, and vice versa. Particularly if there are deals for buying both.

That said, there isn't a "major" Disney DVD release in between The Incredibles and Pocahontas, so the opportunity to promote on other DVDs is limited.

_________________
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:33 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:39 pm
Posts: 218
Does anyone know if Wal-Mart will have any good deals for Bambi? I don't have a Best Buy or Circuit City near me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:31 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:35 pm
Posts: 118
The Sunday walmart ad doesn't mention any special offers, and yesterday i went there myself and there is no signs there either for a special, so i am guessing NO.

Circuit City will have a free candy offer.

and Best Buy will have the Free Thumper Plush.

so best buy seems to have the best offer so far


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:57 pm
Posts: 10033
Location: Dinosaur World
<IMG SRC="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/serve?bfmid=30991737&siteid=40625964&bfpage=bfrd&bfurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3F%26id%3Dpcmcat54600050008%26type%3Dcategory" BORDER="0" WIDTH="1" HEIGHT="1" NOSAVE ><A HREF="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=30991737&siteid=40625964&bfpage=bfrd&bfurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3F%26id%3Dpcmcat54600050008%26type%3Dcategory" TARGET="_top">UltimateDisney's link to BestBuy.com</a>. The plush offer is available online, and you don't have to worry about them running out of stock. You can pick up the order in-store beginning Tuesday, and your purchase supports this site (UD).

_________________
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:39 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:45 pm
Posts: 3314
disneywb wrote:
I don't have a Best Buy or Circuit City near me.

DON'T WORRY!
With BestBuy, you can order the DVD + Thumper plush online! :thumb:
i'm going to order it Tuesday at 12 a.m. just to reserve the Thumper in case I don't get it. ;) The only drawback is the $1.25 shipping charge. *i'm gonna check if they'll honor in-store pick-up though*

P.S. should you order it @ BestBuy, you should click through UD's link. :)


Or yea, what luke said. :D

oh yea, and I also checked the Wal-mart near me and no promotions or signs either. :(

_________________
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:53 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 7:49 pm
Posts: 983
Location: USA
Luke wrote:
<IMG SRC="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/serve?bfmid=30991737&siteid=40625964&bfpage=bfrd&bfurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3F%26id%3Dpcmcat54600050008%26type%3Dcategory" BORDER="0" WIDTH="1" HEIGHT="1" NOSAVE ><A HREF="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=30991737&siteid=40625964&bfpage=bfrd&bfurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3F%26id%3Dpcmcat54600050008%26type%3Dcategory" TARGET="_top">UltimateDisney's link to BestBuy.com</a>. The plush offer is available online, and you don't have to worry about them running out of stock. You can pick up the order in-store beginning Tuesday, and your purchase supports this site (UD).


But ship is the only option :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:56 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:45 pm
Posts: 3314
Ciaobelli wrote:
Luke wrote:
<IMG SRC="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/serve?bfmid=30991737&siteid=40625964&bfpage=bfrd&bfurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3F%26id%3Dpcmcat54600050008%26type%3Dcategory" BORDER="0" WIDTH="1" HEIGHT="1" NOSAVE ><A HREF="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=30991737&siteid=40625964&bfpage=bfrd&bfurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3F%26id%3Dpcmcat54600050008%26type%3Dcategory" TARGET="_top">UltimateDisney's link to BestBuy.com</a>. The plush offer is available online, and you don't have to worry about them running out of stock. You can pick up the order in-store beginning Tuesday, and your purchase supports this site (UD).


But ship is the only option :(

i thought that too, then I read again what Luke said..."you can pick up the order in-store beginning Tuesday"

so i'm thinking if I don't "pre-order" and wait till Tuesday @ midnight, then they IN-STORE pick up will be available. :)

_________________
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:57 pm
Posts: 10033
Location: Dinosaur World
RJKD23 wrote:
Ciaobelli wrote:
But ship is the only option :(

i thought that too, then I read again what Luke said..."you can pick up the order in-store beginning Tuesday"

so i'm thinking if I don't "pre-order" and wait till Tuesday @ midnight, then they IN-STORE pick up will be available. :)


That's right. Tuesday morning, you can order and you should be able to pick it up later that day.

_________________
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:26 am 
Offline
Collector's Edition

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:17 pm
Posts: 837
Here are some photos :)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

BEFORE and AFTER shots

Image

Image

i don't think these have been posted yet but if they have been sorry :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:55 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:45 pm
Posts: 103
I got my bambi dvd today from disneydirect.com! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:00 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 2374
Location: The Land of Lincoln
12 hours left for me!!! i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group