Hotmail problems?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
daflobber
Limited Issue

Hotmail problems?

Post by daflobber »

Hi gang,
Has anyone out there had prolems with Hotmail or MSN e-mail over the past 2 weeks? It is driving me nuts! I can't send attachments witout getting Server Busy or other errors. I get that on normal messages as well. When I do get a message out (1 ot of 10 trys) it sends more than one copy. When I get an attachment it thinks it has a virus. Ugggh. I know other people are geting the same problem but I haven't heard when it'll be fixed or what the problem is. I've sent a couple messages to Hotmail and the one canned response I got was that they were aware of a problem and were working on it. How do they plan on keeping customers over this? It's been at least 2 weeks now. :x

What gives?
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

When I get an attachment it thinks it has a virus.
My cousin has the same problem as you. It's just hotmail acting up. :roll:
that why I think GMAIL is best. ;)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I've had similar problems off and on. Try relogging in through the Hotmail main page (a pain, but it seems to work better than just backing or refreshing).

I was actually coming in here to ask another Hotmail question. Anyone know how to forward to another email address (I'm wanting to switch to my Gmail account)? The Help section says to go to Options>Mail>Mail Forwarding... but there isn't any Mail Forwarding section under the Mail Options. :?: :evil:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
daflobber
Limited Issue

Post by daflobber »

How do you get an invite for a gmail account? I want to get one. I'd love to do exactly what you want to do Aaron, bounce hotmail to gmail. I don't know how. I really need to keep the homail account going because I've had to for so long and it would be so difficult to change at this point.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

Yea, I don't know how to automatically fwd. the incoming emails in my hotmail to gmail. (i think there is a way, but i'm not quite sure..)
I actually just keep the two (but use GMail more by telling my contacts my new email and all that wonderful stuff!)

daflobber, PM if you want an invite. :thumb:
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Hi

Post by Disney Guru »

I have had problems with MSN once in a while, but normally it works great.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I emailed Hotmail and apparently mail forwarding is only available to email addresses that are through an MSN-subscribed personal domain. :roll: They said they'd submit a request to clarify that in the Help screen.

Daflobber- to my knowledge, someone who has Gmail has to invite you (for the time being). Some Gmail members are given a certain # of invites they can send (or something like that). I think they eventually plan to open the doors to everyone.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
daflobber
Limited Issue

Post by daflobber »

Thanks Aaron. I did find a friend that had an invite and I'm now set with a gmail account. :) Now I just need to figure out how to get Hotmail to bounce to gmail. I do pay for the $19.95 a year for the premium Hotmail. I should be able to use the forwarding but I can't find it. :?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Anyone want a Gmail invite?

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

I found this article:

Hotmail outage peeves some e-mail users
http://news.com.com/Hotmail+outage+peev ... =sas.email
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Yes, if anyone needs a gmail invite, just PM me.