More Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest caps *LARGE*

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

More Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest caps *LARGE*

Post by ichabod »

Some more caps taken from Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest,

If you want to merge this thread it's fine, but I thought I would put it in a new one to advertise that there are new pics, which some people may not see tucked away at the back of the existing thread!

I'm sorry the Quality is not fantastic but is good enough!

There is also a very 'Hakuna Matata' looking piece of concept art! Image
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Quality animation. I wonder how it looks as a whole. Sometimes characters movements are quite off with Toon Disney productions...
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Key
Special Edition

Post by Key »

Looks very good. Can't wait a bit more info on it.
Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day.
Hennie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hennie »

Thanks for posting ichabod!!
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

DisneyFan 2000 wrote: Sometimes characters movements are quite off with Toon Disney productions...
The animation is actually very fluent when moving, it really is top notch stuff!
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

DisneyFan 2000 wrote:Bambi, Available Now!
Where is Bambi available now? Is it just in South America?
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Christian wrote:
DisneyFan 2000 wrote:Bambi, Available Now!
Where is Bambi available now? Is it just in South America?
Its available in the UK from today, and in mainland Europe over the next few weeks (depending on location), most getting it on the 21st.

Keep up Christian, and don't forget to visit the International DVD forum every so often! :D
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

The pictures looked good up until the "Hakuna Matata" scene. Maybe that was drawn as a joke and won't actually make it into the final production? In any case, the animation looks better than previous sequels, but is, nonetheless, an unnecessary endeavor.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

The 'Hakuna Matata' scene was clearly labelled as concept art.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Christian wrote:The 'Hakuna Matata' scene was clearly labelled as concept art.
Yes, I know. Hence my wish that it didn't actually make it into the film. :)
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Disneyana

Post by Disneyana »

I think it looks pretty good overall. I am not usually partial to the classics having sequels. But this one actually looks like the animation is top notch. We will have to see. But from the posts I am up for it.
Let's never lose sight of things from the past.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

The Bambi sequel reminds me a lot of The Lion King.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Noriel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Noriel »

Bambi II looks more to be of a midquel than a sequel. But I am anxious to see it nonetheless!
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

wow, wow, wow and WOW
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

What's the deal with the two different title screens?
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

2099net wrote:
Christian wrote: Where is Bambi available now? Is it just in South America?
Its available in the UK from today, and in mainland Europe over the next few weeks (depending on location), most getting it on the 21st.

Keep up Christian, and don't forget to visit the International DVD forum every so often! :D
well...not there,just on Europe. but hey,just four more days to be released on Mexico :D
maxeythecat
Limited Issue

Post by maxeythecat »

I'm sorry, but I've got to get in on this. Judging from the screen captures I've seen so far, it looks as if it will indeed be a "nice" little movie etc., but that's about it. Personally, I'm horrified that they've even considered throwing this cheapyquel...oops, sorry..uh, "midquel" together without even bothering to utilize the REAL sequel to "Bambi" that author Felix Salten wrote! And that's not counting the fact that it's gonna be a direct to video release?? EEEKK! Talk about dumbing down your studio's reputation even further.. C'MON, people...how the hell can you even POSSIBLY compare this:

to THIS:

I absolutely love "Bambi"..it's my number one favourite animated feature of all time and to see it treated this way breaks my heart. I'm sure the TV animators are doing the best they can despite the lack of budget and all of that....I'm sure that it will be a cute little film if it was strictly taken on it's own merit, but when you compare this with the original film and it's high standard of excellence, I get a queasy feeling in my stomach. Oh well...I've no doubt that it'll do well at the video shop and I'm sure Eisner won't give two f#@ks about what the critics will say..he'll be happy with the idea of yet another new Jag in his garage and yet another yearly multi million dollar bonus he'll reward himself for a job well done.
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

There is always hope though. I mean look at Dumbo, made w/ like $1 million, yet its a classic.
Dolce fare niente...
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

So far, this looks to be the only sequal I will DEFINATELY be buying this year. Although, like it was previous stated, I'm a little anxious that such a masterpiece is being tampered with. If they absolutely had to, I wish Disney Feature Animation would have handled it and given it a theatrical release. :cry:
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

I'm glad that they kept the same font for the title. Also, the animators did a very good job of recreating the artistic style of the characters and environments, but after looking at maxeythecat's comparison it looks like the original had more detail. Also, unfortunately to the technological advances of animation and picture qualities, it is quite obvious that this "sequel" was made 60 years later.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining or anything. The pictures look great and I look forward to viewing this film, though I don't know if I like Bambi enough to buy the sequel. Sequel is the wrong word. Ever since Lion King 1 1/2, the Disney Toon Studios seem to think all their sequels should be in-between-quels (e.g. Bambi and the Great Prince and Tarzan II). Though the good thing is that they took off the II from Bambi and the Great Prince (or was it always BatGP?).
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>