MULAN II DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

You can bypass the FastPlay feature if you want. You're not forced to use it.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

Christian wrote:You can bypass the FastPlay feature if you want. You're not forced to use it.
of course, I was just merely interested in its purpose. ;)
but since it doesn't serve one, im good. :P
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

singerguy04 wrote:i still think it's dumb, lol. Just as long as they keep that away from the platinum editions i'm ok with it's existance, but if it comes near a PE.... they will have a very mad singerguy to deal with :wink:
I don't really like it either. I like the menus. It reminds me of the original Warner Bros. DVD releases that would instantly play the movie and bypass the menu. Wooo big advancement this fastplay. :)
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

of course, I was just merely interested in its purpose. Wink
but since it doesn't serve one, im good. Razz
It does serve one but that purpose is mainly for little kids who might not be good with navigating their way through a DVD.
sugarland31

Post by sugarland31 »

Does anyone have any screens from the actual movie? I haven't seen it yet (planning on renting it soon), and I really want to see any pics available of Mulan and Shang.

That, and do the Mongols capture Shang or something? (I love Mongols--I'm like 1/50th Mongolian or something.)
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Check out Ultimate Disney's review of the DVD. You'll find plenty of screen caps there, plus lots of other great info and insight: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/mulanII.html

You can find the same for just about any Disney DVD at the UD Review Index: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/reviewindex.htm

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
sugarland31

Post by sugarland31 »

Is there anything with a more complete set of screencaps and maybe even some quotes or a synopsis? There were what...six shots in that article of the actual movie? I'm looking for real screencaps.

Oh, I almost forgot: please?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

sugarland31 wrote:Is there anything with a more complete set of screencaps and maybe even some quotes or a synopsis? There were what...six shots in that article of the actual movie? I'm looking for real screencaps.
Actually, there were eight real screencaptures and if you try out that reading thing, there was a synopsis of the movie. You should give it a shot - it's not as bad as some people make it out to be.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

You can find screencaps of the movie here. But before you go there, read Luke's review. I know it's already been said, but there's a well-written summary of the film.
- John
sugarland31

Post by sugarland31 »

^Thanks for the link, Pasta67. That was more what I was looking for.

And, good news: I might be able to rent it tonight...YES!