Don't buy Incredibles from Disney Direct (Okay, now you can)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

nice way to look at it prince! i might do that as well!
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Wal-Mart always has goodies with major releases, for instance, with "King Arthur" I got a set of collectiable coasters, they were way cool. When I got "Who Framed Roger Rabbitt" a couple of years ago on the first day of release, I got a collectible Roger Rabbitt doll along with the car that is in the opening drive-around. With the 25th Anniversary of "Caddyshack" they gave away a miniature set of golf clubs with the Bushwood logo on them.

I really like shopping at Wal-Mart for the newest releases because I never know what they are going to offer. Besides I don't put my Credit Card out on line and take it from an abused Credit Card person, if you do and you think it is safe, think again. Even with passwords and supposed secure sites, someone hit my card for over $5,000 a couple of years ago and I just recently got that all cleared up. So buyer beware, Credit Cards can be hacked and then you are in deep 'kimchi'.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

dvdjunkie wrote:Don't know how many of you have a Wal-Mart close by, but they will be offering an Incredibles plush character (don't know what the choices will be yet) with the purchase of "The Incredibles" on March 15. They also will be selling it for $16.87.

Those who want to spend a little more money can pre-order their copy at Suncoast Motion Picture Company for $19.99 and receive, along with a $3.00 discount coupon on next visit, a cell with a scene from the movie. Something they always do with all of the Disney animated releases.

Me, I will probably go to Wal-Mart, they always have something neat to give away with Disney films and I have quite a collection of things from them.

Thanks for the heads up on getting a good deal. I love buying movies from Wal-mart especially the ones I really want cause I just show up at midnight. Thats always great and pick up chesse cake too while I am at. God Bless Wal-mart for being open 24 hours. :D
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Also about Wal mart freebies they usually tend to charge more when this not so freebies are attached to the product.

Shrek 2 w/ karaoke CD - $21.99
Harry Potter III w/ notebook - $19.99 ( which later they put down to $14.87 and it was only the P&S vers)
Destiny's Child - Destiny fulfilled +3 = $13.99
Ashanti - Concrete Rose w/ bonus DVD =$13.99

I will not play extra just because they feel like attaching something to rise the price on their discs lol I rather save the $5 and get something else than a CD or notebook.
The Monkey's Uncle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Monkey's Uncle »

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! becasue, I ALREADY ORDERED MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I feel so stupid! i didnt even look!
saving107
Gold Classic Collection

Post by saving107 »

speaking of Freebies, i know it may be to soon to ask, but has anyone heard of stores having freebies for The Incredibles?

the only one that i know of is The Wherehouse Music, if you pre-order The Incredibles on DVD (either format) you will get a Free T-shirt of the Incredibles, but they don't show what it looks like, and the offer is only avaliable at the store, you will need to put down a $5 down payment, but when you buy the movie, you will get a $5 discount, so you'll pay $20 total.

its funny that now all the major stores will do anyone just to get someone to buy the movie at there store, but its fun for us because we get something out of it. this weeks release of Shark Tale walmartoffers a bonus 6 track cd, circuit city offered a free Lithogram with a purches of the movie, best buy offered $3 off if you also bought Shrek 2 or 2 other films and The Wherehouse Music offered with a pre-order a Free Plush toy.

lets says that on the week before The Incredibles comes out on DVD every store announced there specials for the same price, what will attract you to go to that store? Will is be a Discount with a combined purches, free t-shirt, free Lithogram, free Plush toy, a bonus cd, or a Bonus DVD with additional bloopers and extra material.
Key
Special Edition

Post by Key »

The Monkey's Uncle wrote:THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! becasue, I ALREADY ORDERED MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I feel so stupid! i didnt even look!
I'm pretty sure (about 99%) you can retract your order. Try e-mailing them and kindly asking them that if they are only offering The Incredibles in fullscreen, that you wish to cancel your order.
Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day.
Disneyana

Post by Disneyana »

Widescreen all the way. I ordered mine at Amazon and saw that too from Disneydirect. I try to keep everything WS if possible.
Let's never lose sight of things from the past.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Saving107, do you not read posts above yours before posting? We are talking about the freebies at Wal-Mart with "The Incredibles" movie. They are offering a "plush" with the movie at the low price of $14.87.

Since they closed all the Wherehouse stores here in Kansas, we don't get to pay their high prices to get those cheaply made tee-shirts.

MickeyMouseBoy, we are talking about new feature films on the first days of release, not music DVDs or special two-disc packaging. I don't know about your Wal-Mart, but when Shrek originally came out, they had the Bonus Christmas CD at no extra charge, AND you also got a Shrek "plush" doll - at no extra charge. They never have deals on Music DVD's or CD/DVD combos that I have seen. They have really good deals on DVD combo packs, like right now you can get "Shaun of the Dead/Dawn of the Dead" combo for $18.97, for those who haven't added either of those to their collection. The best time to get little 'fuzzies' with your new release is the first three days of the new release of a feature film on DVD at Wal-Mart.

The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

Disneyana wrote:Widescreen all the way. I ordered mine at Amazon and saw that too from Disneydirect. I try to keep everything WS if possible.
Yea, because the only way to watch movies is widescreen. Speaking of which, I like DVDJUNKIE's siggy - "The only way to watch movies - WIDESCREEN!!!!" :thumb:

And for Wal-mart's release on Incredibles, I'm hoping our Wal-mart will be giving away a PLUSH because I don't like it when they do the DVD combo with free CD...because..I don't really collect CDs. :roll:
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Luke wrote:
Just Myself wrote:Luke, dude, all those films you mentioned will kill this , and I'll say why:
1. Monsters and Nemo were excellent. This was good, maybe great, but nowhere near excellent and that was the average audience reaction.
2. Most of the audience was repeat viewers. Kids always take their friends to the movies after they've seen them. If this didn't have repeat audiences, NT and MTF would have beat it by at least $50 million.
And <i>Meet the Fockers</i> and <i>National Treasure</i> didn't have repeat audiences? Of course they did. You yourself saw <i>National Treasure</i> several times, I think.

Can you clarify the "all those films you mentioned" part? Because I'd like to be able to bold them when the end of the year sales numbers come in and they're looking up at <i>The Incredibles</i>. Thanks! :)
Dude, Star Wars is gonna kick this films ass. It's not as good as the other Pixar movies, it didn't make as much money as them, and it's not gonna be top selling DVD of 2005. It will probably be in the top 10, maybe 5, but not at number one.

BTW, I only saw NT twice.
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

BTW, to those who already ordered it, if there is an F.Y.E. or GameStop near you, don't fret. Sell the DVD there if it's unopened and then go buy the widescreen version while on sale at Wal Mart with the cash you got for the unopened DVD.
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Hi

Post by Disney Guru »

Just Myself wrote:BTW, to those who already ordered it, if there is an F.Y.E. or GameStop near you, don't fret. Sell the DVD there if it's unopened and then go buy the widescreen version while on sale at Wal Mart with the cash you got for the unopened DVD.
Good point.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Just Myself wrote:Dude, Star Wars is gonna kick this films ass. It's not as good as the other Pixar movies, it didn't make as much money as them, and it's not gonna be top selling DVD of 2005. It will probably be in the top 10, maybe 5, but not at number one.
Thank you! :D

This will be added to some of your memorable TI predictions:

October 3, 2004 - "I bet Incredibles will be better, but have the same opening [as <i>Shark Tale</i>]. The ad campaign has been horrendous (except for the first and last trailers, kinda funny considering there was 16 months in between them). :lol:"

Actual Opening Weekend Numbers: <i>Shark Tale</i> $47.6 M, <i>The Incredibles</i> $70.5 M

Later that night - "I'm telling you, it will disapoint. :|"

July 1, 2004 - "I think it'll have an A Bug's Life sucess and make like $170,000,000. "

As of today, <i>The Incredibles</i> has grossed $258 million domestically and $617 million worldwide.

February 10, 2005 - "Dude, Star Wars is gonna kick this films ass."

But, we'll see, since you're apparently using your opinion of the movie as a factor for how well or not it will sell. :)
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

I went to the Disney Store last night and they assured me they will have both full and wide screen. Got my four lithos too.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
saving107
Gold Classic Collection

Post by saving107 »

what is a Lithogram?

i have seem them advertised online for the previous disney movies and so i know what they look like, but are they just like 1 4x6 (or 8x10) still frame of a movie scence or what?

i never cared what a Lithogram was till now.
Mushu2083
Special Edition

Post by Mushu2083 »

My Wal-Mart doesn't give stuff away with Disney DVDs! No fair!! I get my DVD for $13.96 on Tuesdays. Say it with me people, Tuesday rocks!
Dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing.

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

saving - its lithograph and they are high quality frameable prints from scenes in the movie.

Here is a link to the Incredibles ones available through the Disney Store
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

Keep your order and go exchange it at another store for Widescreen. all this drama for something so simple.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

MutantEnemy wrote:Keep your order and go exchange it at another store for Widescreen. all this drama for something so simple.
that's because people like watching in widescreen ;)
most of the images don't get cut out like fullscreen. :P
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts