MULAN II DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I'm going to get it for sure. I didn't want to see a Mulan sequel at all but I love the characters so it's pretty hard to refuse this one.
I love those menus!
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Review has been posted here:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/mulanII.html
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Great review Luke!!!
I just read the review and still planning on buying Mulan II. :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Key
Special Edition

Post by Key »

I saw Mulan II a few weeks ago because my friend had an R3(?) release and I pretty much agree with everything Luke said.

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't all that inspired either. One of Disney's better dreck-to-videos (not really worth a buy, IMO--a rent, yes). (:
Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day.
alchimiste72

Thanks for the review

Post by alchimiste72 »

Thanks for the review it is always interesting and well written... :)

As I expected, sequels are almost always less interesting (except "Lion King 2 and 1½ that were very well) I always find sequels disapointing :cry: .

For Mulan 2 I tought that maybe they learned from the other releases... Seems not! But we'll see.

I also tought that Mulan was getting less warrior-like, and I guess I was right too... But we'll see... There is some great bonuses, great :wink: !
°°°°°°°°°°° A L C H I M I S T E 7 2 °°°°°°°°°°°

Always stay young at heart...

From Québec, Qc (Canada)
shdwrlm3

Post by shdwrlm3 »

Just got my copy of Mulan II. Well, actually, I got the "Mulan Value Pack" which was released in Japan last month and consists of both Mulan:Special Edition and Mulan II.

Briefly skimmed through Mulan II, and so far it's as Luke described in his review. The animation is more than adequate. Not as good as Lion King 1.5, but not as bad as some of the earlier DTVs. The only big problem is that Mulan in particular looks quite off-model in many shots. I know that she's not the easiest character to draw consistently, but it was still rather distracting. Where was this animated, anyway? I saw lots of Japanese names in the credits, so I'm guessing the Japanese studio.

From what I've seen, the story seems quite nice, if a bit heavy-handed. I mean, they just keep hammering that theme into you. Also, although I was a fan of Mushu in the first film, I really couldn't stand him in this one. As with other DTVs, they made the mistake of reverting his character to what it was before the end of Mulan, essentially erasing any of the character development that occured in Mulan. Mark Moseley's dismal impersonation doesn't help matters, either. Speaking of voices, they also shouldn't have had Ming-Na talking before Lea started singing, because the contrast in voices is just too obvious.

Also, that Atomic Kitten song at the end is beyond horrid.
(I kid you not) Kikkoman sauces
Are you friggin' kidding me?
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

It was released here afew weeks back in the UK, i love Mulan and have the special edition but knowing that Mushu is someone else it just wouldnt be the same....
So atm im not planning on buying the dvd since theres other dsieny dvds i want atm which id prefer...... :)
hiiiii
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I just got word that Toys 'R Us will be offering a free Mushu plush with a purchase of Mulan II, though I don't know for how long. I don't plan on buying M2, but for those who are, a plush is always a nice plus so I thought I'd post this for those who don't know.

(And though it's unrelated, Circuit City stores will also have The Village on sale for $14.99 through 2/5).

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

awallaceunc wrote:I just got word that Toys 'R Us will be offering a free Mushu plush with a purchase of Mulan II, though I don't know for how long. I don't plan on buying M2, but for those who are, a plush is always a nice plus so I thought I'd post this for those who don't know.

-Aaron
WHHHEEEEE! Another plush! :lol:
Good, it should probably sell for $20.00 for the Mulan II DVD. I'm hoping...
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I didn't get any pricing info along with the news, which is strange, but you can certainly call your local TRU and ask them how much tomorrow's release will be. They should be able to look it up in their computer.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
shdwrlm3

Post by shdwrlm3 »

Holy fudge, I want a plush Mushu! I was planning on getting the R1 release anyway, so I might as well but it at TRU.

Oh, for anyone interested, for some reason (either licensing issues or maybe they just made the video recently) the Japanese R2 release doesn't seem to have the Atomic Kitten music video. Not much of a loss considering that it's just a montage of clips from the movie, Disney Channel airs it often, and Atomic Kitten's rendition makes my ears bleed. The song works well in the context of the movie, but as a standalone pop song it's terrible.

Anyone else think that the commercials for Mulan 2 have been edited VERY well? Whoever did them deserves a raise, because they make it look a heckuva lot more epic than it actually is.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

For people interested:

Disneydirect is selling the Mulan doll for $7.99 (as long with others)

http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPag ... lan&Page=1

"You're only second rate!"
PrincessJen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PrincessJen »

anyone go and pick up their copy today?

Please post on the prices and locations that you found them at. I'm trying to find the best price.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

PrincessJen wrote:anyone go and pick up their copy today?

Please post on the prices and locations that you found them at. I'm trying to find the best price.
I'm picking my copy up tonight after my last class. :x
But I know the cheapest is Circuit City's price $17.99 which isn't cheap at all!
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

Better than the $24.99 at Musicworld... although Musicworld is expensive. No wonder the owners were able to donate 15 million to a tsunami fund. :!:

Anyways I probably could have gotten it cheaper at Wal-Mart or Best Buy but I wasn't near any of them today and the two places I saw it at were the same price. :P
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
_tink_
Limited Issue

Post by _tink_ »

I was at Wal-Mart today and they had it for $17.87 or something close to that. I might pick it up later in the week, not sure if I want it yet or not.
Mushu2083
Special Edition

Post by Mushu2083 »

I got Mulan 2 on DVD today at Wal-Mart for fifteen bucks (after tax). Wal-Mart's usually pretty cheap when it comes to new release DVDs.
Dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing.

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

I got Mulan 2 today too! :D

I can't wait to watch it! :)
Image Image
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I just saw Mulan II today and I thought it was an ok sequel compare to other cheapsequels (Cinderella 2: Dreams Come True :twisted: ) I have seen.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

I bought my copy of Mulan today @ Wal-mart for $16.87. :roll: