Magic of Disney Animation to close. Rumor One Man's Dream

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Magic of Disney Animation to close. Rumor One Man's Dream

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Rumors and Confirmed Expansion Plans for Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Some Educated Guesses
http://themeparkuniversity.com/disney/r ... d-guesses/
As we all know, Disney is doing some major renovations to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. During the 2015 Walt Disney Company annual shareholders meeting, a 6-year-old asked if the park would be getting a name change. After some awkward conversation with other executives, Bob Iger admitted that indeed the name will change, but did not make the formal announcement as to what that would be. Renaming the park yet again means there will be gigantic adjustments to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. No doubt there will be a lot of new attractions, restaurants and gift shops coming. Beyond the confirmed Star Wars additions we know are happening (just not specifics yet), there has to be more intellectual properties in the pipeline that can be utilized. Before we get there, that means there need to be some closures first.

The Magic of Disney Animation will be closing as of July 12, 2015 thanks to confirmation given to the Orlando Sentinel. Long gone are actual Disney animators working on future feature films. In recent years, the building has become known for character meet-and-greets and the Animation Academy show where guests learn to draw Disney characters.

This is not to say the attraction isn’t popular. Kids love those character photos, but as we have learned with the closure of Camp Minnie Mickey at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney characters are portable and can be dispersed elsewhere to accommodate construction and park expansion. This has ultimately cleared the way for Avatar.

According to unofficial sources, and yet to be confirmed as of the writing of this article, Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream is also scheduled to close along with the Magic of Disney Animation or shortly thereafter. This attraction, which was designed to be a temporary exhibition to coincide with the 100 Years of Magic celebration at Walt Disney World, has stayed open many years beyond the original intention. As anyone can tell you, the attraction is sparsely visited and the final theater show is lucky to see 10% of the seats filled at any given point during operating hours.

Never been to Disney World One day I hope to go but am saddened that this 2 are on the chopping block
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: Magic of Disney Animation to close. Rumor One Man's Drea

Post by Avaitor »

Chopping block? Magic of Disney Animation has been gone for well over a month now. One Man's Dream will be going soon, but there isn't an official date set.

I do believe that the recreation of Walt's office has been hidden up recently though, so the attraction will be gone sooner than later.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Magic of Disney Animation to close. Rumor One Man's Drea

Post by Walter »

So that means Animation Academy has shut down for good? That really sucks! This was the better one than the one at DisneyQuest. I did like going through One Man's Dream, as I do appreciate the history of Disney. Plus it does provide some much needed relief from the heat. Not to mention, time to kill until your appointed Fastpass time.

Just reading about the possible plans for Hollywood Studios, I am glad to see that the Jack Sparrow attraction has closed. I thought it was mediocre at best, and the line just moved so freaking slow. And even worse that you don't sit down once you go inside. The only good thing about it, is that the queue was under a cover, to provide some shade. Wished something like that was provided for Enchanted Tales With Belle, as it seems like majority of that line is outside.

Still no word for any new parade at this park. I kept reading comments that criticized the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun very heavily. Personally, I thought it was entertaining enough, though not on par with the ones in the Magic Kingdom.