Questions Concerning Disneyland Lately

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Questions Concerning Disneyland Lately

Post by DisneyJedi »

I have some questions about Disneyland, given I'll be visiting with my brother and sister in August after the D23 Expo.

For starters, is The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland a Fastpass attraction again? I saw something about it having a Fastpass return time lately on the MouseWait app. If it's because the Hatbox Ghost literally brought new life into the ride, I suppose it makes sense.

Is the Frozen related stuff at California Adventure going to be there come August, let alone permanent?

Also, are the rides always going to be closed? In other words, are ride closures frequent lately? If so, why? Some show up as "CL" on the app as well, meaning they're closed. And is there a chance rides like the Haunted Mansion or Space Mountain or even the Matterhorn will be closed when my siblings and I visit in August (specifically the 17th)?

Any answers will be appreciated.
Sorcerer Mickey
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Questions Concerning Disneyland Lately

Post by Sorcerer Mickey »

Allow me to help, DisneyJedi.

- Yes, FastPass has, indeed, made its return to Haunted Mansion. At first, I was kind of surprised by this, because I've always thought it could manage just fine without it, being an omnimover type of ride. However, like what you've said, the Hatbox Ghost just made its debut, and it has resulted in longer lines (although, part of that could be the result of the FastPass return). So, if you guys are very interested in seeing the Hatbox Ghost, I guess I could recommend getting a FastPass. The past couple of times I've been on Haunted Mansion, the FastPass line was MUCH shorter.

- Frozen Fun has actually ended in DCA. However, you can still watch "For the First Time in Forever - A Frozen Sing-along Celebration." You can also still meet Anna & Elsa at the Animation Building, as well as Olaf right by Stage 17 (the building is next to the Monsters Inc. ride, just in case you were wondering), where "Olaf's Snow Fest" used to be. Both of these meet & greets require FastPass, but unlike the rides, you can actually get these FastPasses at the same time. You'd just have to look for a FastPass distribution kiosk, one close to the Animation Building for Anna & Elsa, and one in front of the Stage 17 building for Olaf.

- I, too, have the MouseWait App to look at the wait-times. Some of the rides can be closed for technical difficulties (it usually happens in Space Mountain and Indiana Jones), but they usually open back up about an hour or two. I've had couple of experiences in which a ride was closed for the day, but seeing how Disneyland just kicked off the Diamond Celebration I think you guys have nothing to worry about. So, if a ride is closed down, it usually means that there's technical difficulties, and it's best to return later.

I hope these answers help!
Formerly known as Musketeer2004

The 1,000th Ultimate Disney member.