Disney Characters In The Parks (Worldwide)

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
moviefan12
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Disney Characters In The Parks (Worldwide)

Post by moviefan12 »

Probably, the best character interaction, I ever had with any character was with Donald Duck at EPCOT. He really got into character. You see, I was wearing my new tee shirt that I'd bought that had Walt and Mickey on it. Donald saw that and got "jealous" acting like hey, what am I? And when I went to get my picture taken with him, he took his hand and covered up Mickey on my shirt as he didn't want Mickey in the picture. I was just laughing after that because that really felt like Donald to me.
Favorite Animated Disney films: 1. Dumbo, 2. Tangled, 3. Frozen, 4. Beauty and The Best, 5. The Little Mermaid, 6. Cinderella

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

:lol: House of Mouse!Donald, yes. That would be in his character.

It seems that Disney lately has leveled up the "rivalry" between Mickey and Donald. Dunno when it started, because back in the old days there wasn't one much.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

thedisneyspirit wrote::lol: House of Mouse!Donald, yes. That would be in his character.

It seems that Disney lately has leveled up the "rivalry" between Mickey and Donald. Dunno when it started, because back in the old days there wasn't one much.
Probably after the whole rabbit season/ duck season thing with Bugs and Daffy. And to think, Disney actually copying off the WB for a change. :wink:
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I just watched Enchanted again last night, and it struck me that Giselle reminded me an awful lot of the Princesses in the parks, even down to the hand gestures. I suppose thats the filtration system of going from animation to real life in the parks, and Amy Adams seems to have taken a lot of inspiration from the theme park entities. I've never noticed it before, but I think from discussing Giselles presence in the parks obviously clicked my mind onto her when watching it.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Don't bother trying to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen my sister said the wait was 5hrs at EPCOT, Do they just have two cast members dressed up as the characters and no more. They should make several meet and great areas in the frozen place with several cast members dressed as Anna and Elsa.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

You know, when watching "Fantasmic" at Hollywood Studios last year, I was surprised to see Robin Hood towards the end of the show. Never thought I would see this character in the parks, thinking it has been retired a long time ago.
Attachments
1407414_13759684471700.jpg
1407414_13759684471700.jpg (101.83 KiB) Viewed 9161 times
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

He's around in Paris! See him quite a lot over here.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Walter wrote:You know, when watching "Fantasmic" at Hollywood Studios last year, I was surprised to see Robin Hood towards the end of the show. Never thought I would see this character in the parks, thinking it has been retired a long time ago.
Atlantica wrote:He's around in Paris! See him quite a lot over here.
Disneyland also brought him and a whole slew of old characters back last year for a Forgotten Friends event (I think it lasted a week):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD4ObpQytBA
bradhig wrote:Don't bother trying to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen my sister said the wait was 5hrs at EPCOT, Do they just have two cast members dressed up as the characters and no more. They should make several meet and great areas in the frozen place with several cast members dressed as Anna and Elsa.
Yeah, my wife and I were at Epcot a few weeks ago sans kids and thought we might try to get autographs as a surprise for our daughters. It was a 3.5 hour wait so we skipped it. Crazy.

I really think it has to do with the space they are in - it's tiny and they can't do multiple sets of Anna and Elsa. Every time Anna and Elsa take a break, the whole line just waits.

I wish WDW would add them to the Town Square Theater for awhile until all the buzz dies down. That was a great set up. They had two rooms with essentially the same set of princess in each so they could run simultaneous meets & greets. It still was a wait, but it moved a lot faster than the current set up for what seems to be the most popular Disney animated movie ever.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I think their availability will completely change when they are inducted into the Princess line; they'll become more of a 'regular' set of characters for the park, and without so much hype.

If I remember correctly, the queues for Rapunzel and Eugene were HUGE when they were first introduced into the parks in their own area; when Eugene was removed and Rapunzel became an official Princess with the other ladies (and her movie came out of the cinema, out on bluray etc) the dynamic was different.

Though having said that, I have a friend who works in Paris, and she said of ALL characters in the park, Rapzunel is the most requested by anyone; men women and children! Children are known to have throw down tantrums in the Princess Pavilion if Rapunzel isn't there to greet them.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

RyGuy wrote: Disneyland also brought him and a whole slew of old characters back last year for a Forgotten Friends event (I think it lasted a week):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD4ObpQytBA
Oh I would love to be at Disneyland for that! :)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I think half the characters used in 'Forgotten Friends' should be in the parks full time ….
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Mushu is out in Paris today !!!! I didn't even know he was a walk around character here !!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Looking at posts today on how lovely the new Belle costume looks in Disneyland Paris, I think Ariel is in desperate need of an upgrade. Her dress is vaguely like her pink one but with no sleeves, and that awful starfish wedged on her head .... I'd love to see her in something else. An accurate version of her pink dress perhaps, or out and about (as she sometimes is in Paris) in Adventureland with Eric, in her blue 'Tour of the Kingdom' dress perhaps?

I do think Ariel is instantly recognisable enough to not have a starfish on her head (which she never did in the film, only a flower).
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Just thinking with all the villains out for Halloween, it's a shame that Mother Gothel isn't included. I think she'd be a great face character in the parks ! As far as I'm aware, I don't think she's ever been included, even when the fim launched, with Rapunzel and Flyn ?
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Atlantica wrote:I think half the characters used in 'Forgotten Friends' should be in the parks full time ….

Half? I think ALL of them should be full time! I mean, I badly want to hug Louis because he's such a lovable gator. :(

Sure, I just about had a heart attack (of excitement and joy) when he waved to me from the Princess and the Frog float in the Soundsational parade when I last went to Disneyland, but it's not exactly the same as hugging.