Snow White Ride being shut down at Disneyworld!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Snow White Ride being shut down at Disneyworld!

Post by Marce82 »

Hey everyone,

I have been reading about the expansions that the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland (both Paris and California) are going through, and I was horrified to read that they will be shutting down Snow White Scary Adventures from Disneyworld Florida, and replacing it with a meet and greet area for Disney Princesses.

Is anyone else appalled? This is one of the few original rides that is still running at the park. Plus, everyone likes rides, but only little girls want a meet & greet with a princess. And it seems plenty of the new features to the park will be meet & greet princess stuff, or princess story book readings...princess princess princess....as if that franchise wasn't alienating boys enough!

I remember going to Disneyworld for the first time when I was 7, and the snow white ride was my favorite. I hate the idea that I wont be able to experience it again. Plus, I recall that being a little boy I had no interest in MEETING the princesses (nor would I have admitted to), but loved the ride.

Opinions anyone?
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

-
Last edited by Dr Frankenollie on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

This thread belongs in the Disney Theme Parks part of the forum and not here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I wonder if the OP is aware that Snow White is getting a new ride at Disneyworld.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Sorry, didnt know there was a Disney Parks section.

And there will be a new snow white rollercoaster...not a dark ride. Dark rides are signature of disney parks...they barely exist elsewhere, and they are incredibly artistic and ornate...not the same as a rollercoaster
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Marce82 wrote:Sorry, didnt know there was a Disney Parks section.

And there will be a new snow white rollercoaster...not a dark ride. Dark rides are signature of disney parks...they barely exist elsewhere, and they are incredibly artistic and ornate...not the same as a rollercoaster
Then perhaps you should check out the released concept art of the coaster. It seems to be a lot more than your run of the mill six flags roller-coaster. There are scenes from the movie integrated throughout the ride.

I don't like to see an older ride leave the parks, but I do think that this coaster is a good idea and it would've been a little much to have two Snow White rides. I just wish they were adding in a new dark ride instead of a meet and greet area. I could imagine Aladdin or Princess and the Frog being really fun dark rides!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Marce82 wrote:Sorry, didn't know there was a Disney Parks section.
It's fine. I didn't say that to scold you but to alert the mods to move the thread to the appropriate place.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

I looked up some of the art. It looks good, and I am now reading they are re-thinking a bit the meet and greet.

I still think its terrible they are closing down SW Scary Adv. Part of the charm of Disney is nostalgia...and classics never die. That Snow White ride is/was still super popular. Maybe they'll recycle some of the animatronics from it for the new rollercoaster, since I read that the characters will appear on it...
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

While I hate it that SWSA is shutting down, I look forward to the new version and I also wish a new dark ride would take over the space but it looks like this will not happen. Also, as much as I love SWSA one of the main reasons its going is because it is not as popular as the other Fantasyland rides....it never has lines compared to the others which is a huge plus for fans but not for park execs :S
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Well first, I am a grown up boy who likes meeting the Princesses..... :lol: BUT.... lame idea! WDW has plenty of room (unlike DL) and could easily stick those princesses somewhere else.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

The concept for the new "rollercoaser" looks to be more along the lines of a thrilling dark ride, meaning all you're getting is one very cool update to a very aged ride. I am the biggest fan of Disney's dark rides and I'm excited for this new take on Snow White, so that oughta tell you something right there. Plus, don't forget the new Mermaid ride coming in 2012. There really is no short end to this stick!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

I really hope that the Princess meet-and-greet is more of a placeholder and that Disney can think of something more elaborate to put in later on down the line, whether it's based on an old, established property (such as Sleeping Beauty or Pinocchio), or a recent/future film. An interactive dark-ride à la Buzz Lightyear would be welcome too.
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

Hopefully it will still be open in June when we go to WDW.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

I'm all for change, but having another princess meet & greet in the parks almost doesn't make sense. Especially when the expanded fantasyland opens & u can visit with the princesses in their new cottages/castles.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Nala wrote:Hopefully it will still be open in June when we go to WDW.
It will. :) I heard it might close mid-2012.
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

I have oe thin to say and one thing only, in the most calm and reflective way I possbily can:
WHAT IS THIS! HOW DARE YOU!
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I can say this is bittersweet news.

Another reason why Disneyland continues to be my favorite park. You can still go there for Mr. Toad and Snow White dark rides!

I will reserve final judgement though for when the new fantasyland area is completed and I make a visit.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN