Talking Mickey at Disneyland

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Talking Mickey at Disneyland

Post by Escapay »

Simply amazing...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6k2xdtU8Wc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6k2xdtU8Wc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

That's so cool! It probably won't be long before that becomes the standard of costumed characters at Disney World.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I posted that in the Disneyland thread a few days ago (just saying, Mr. I Love to Search). :)

I think that it's really awesome- it must make the moment even more magical (and already meeting the characters is magical). And people won't have to make up stories as to why the characters don't talk when you meet them as often. :p
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I posted that in the Disneyland thread a few days ago (just saying, Mr. I Love to Search). :)
Touché :P

Reub just came in my room and said "go to youtube, type in 'talking mickey at disneyland' it's awesome!" and I did, and was like, "Whoaaa! That's awesome!" so I posted it here. ;)

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney Duster

Disneyland's Talking Mickey

Post by Disney Duster »

I wonder, how do they do his voice?

If they have other talking head characters, will they have to learn how to do the voices, thus making it harder to fill those jobs?

Can you imagine Donald or Captain Hook like that? Jafar, he scared me when he followed me as a kid, I might be even more scared if he talked and blinked!

And then, it might be really weird if some head characters can talk, but others can't! Mommy, why can Mickey and Minnie talk but not Goofy?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: Disneyland's Talking Mickey

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Disney Duster wrote:I wonder, how do they do his voice?

If they have other talking head characters, will they have to learn how to do the voices, thus making it harder to fill those jobs?

Can you imagine Donald or Captain Hook like that? Jafar, he scared me when he followed me as a kid, I might be even more scared if he talked and blinked!

And then, it might be really weird if some head characters can talk, but others can't! Mommy, why can Mickey and Minnie talk but not Goofy?
I assume it's some sort of hi-tech voice modifier, like they use for Crush and Push (?) the talking trash can. Similar to those Darth Vader masks that change your voice, but much, much better.

And I'd guess if Disney were to do this, they'd hit the major characters all together. Not that it matters, though. I mean, nobody asks why Ariel can talk and Mickey can't. I mean, I first went to Disney World when I was 7... I never thought about Mickey not talking- I knew it was a person in a costume... What's amazing now is that doesn't matter anymore! It's so cool!
Prince Charming 12
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Charming 12 »

That is neat! I figured they would develop the technology to do that someday. I hope they bring this technology to the World soon - I have always wanted to have a conversation with Mickey and the gang! :)
Remember the Magic!
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rVXtqPlOcIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Newer Mickey: cool or creepy? I think they should've gave him blinking eyes.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

SillySymphony wrote: Newer Mickey: cool or creepy? I think they should've gave him blinking eyes.
It's great except, you're right, his eyes should blink. Of course, the problem with that is nobody wants Mickey Mouse's eyes closed in their picture with him.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

I don't know. Talking Mickey sort of creeps me out.

I'm probably the opposite of most kids, but somehow I was always a little comforted by the fact that I didn't have to talk to the masked characters. Going to see face characters like Cinderella was exciting/stressful enough, but then having to talk to them and not sound like a nervous idiot? Well, that was too much.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk