Future Plans For WDW's Fantasyland

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

I thnk that's probably because they had already begun construction on The Little Mermaid ride and the Beauty and the Beast section by the time they finalised their plans for the coaster and added it to their revised plans for the expansion. They want the expansion open as soon as possible so they've pushed on with the rest of the construction while the coaster was planned and designed. Once the rest of the land is completed and they can focus solely on the coaster, construction might speed up and we could end up getting it earlier than is currently predicted.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I don't think they should ever speed things up, rushing things can make it crappy. It's part of why certain animated films don't look as good as they could, when they animation is done too quickly.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

I didn't mean speed up as in rush it and cut corners, what I meant was once the rest of the expansion and Storybook Circus is completed then perhaps some of those workers might be moved to the coaster to help with its construction and, as a result, it might be ready ahead of schedule. I'm just guessing here, I don't know anything about theme park construction so I was just voicing a thought that the coaster might be ready before the scheduled opening date. If it doesn't open until 2014 I'm sure it will be great either way, the concept art looks good so it's something left to look forward to when the rest of the expansion does open.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R8t_9l9cn_A" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This looks amazing, BUT WHERE'S THE DORM?!?! :x
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh thanks DisneyAnimation.

Um, what's a DORM?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Disney Duster wrote:Oh thanks DisneyAnimation.

Um, what's a DORM?
You know the roof? They got the roof wrong. It's flat here when it's not in the movie
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Oh thanks DisneyAnimation.

Um, what's a DORM?
You know the roof? They got the roof wrong. It's flat here when it's not in the movie
I don't wish to sound cheeky or mean, but did you mean "dome"?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Wonderlicious wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote: You know the roof? They got the roof wrong. It's flat here when it's not in the movie
I don't wish to sound cheeky or mean, but did you mean "dome"?
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YES! OMG! I MEANT DOME!!!!!!!!!! O_O Sorry, I do that sometimes. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote: I don't wish to sound cheeky or mean, but did you mean "dome"?
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YES! OMG! I MEANT DOME!!!!!!!!!! O_O Sorry, I do that sometimes. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Don't worry about it; we all make typos and language errors. :)

Now if I really had a castle for a dorm, I WOULD be happy. ;)
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Be Our Guest – More Video Details From Disney’s Imagineers
http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/05/03/be- ... magineers/

New Fantasyland Expansion Construction Paces Towards Summer and Fall 2012 Phased Openings – Part 2
http://damouse.com/2012/04/30/new-fanta ... gs-part-2/
(via disneyreport.com)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I thought so! I agree it needs to be the dome for the...I'm guessing that's actually where the library is in the movie. Isn't there a special name for that kind of round room, like a...someth-tory? I dunno lol. I thought I saw them have that domed room in concept sketches and I thought it was in the real life building but I guess not. I hope they fix that, it's one of the best and most unique parts of the Beast's castle!
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

from the disney parks blog:
Princess Fairytale Hall is set to debut in late 2013.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ry-may-31/

And also, a new picture of Eric's castle:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... gdom-park/

And this photo is my favorite of the three. This is a shot of the ground level. The walls here feature hand-painted artwork that depicts the history of man’s perilous journey on the sea.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Why For did Storybook Circus wind up replacing the Pixie Hollow portion on WDW's Fantasyland expansion project?
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... oject.aspx
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

So, guys. Snow White closed today. Any thoughts?

No offense, but I'm happy. I never cared for it. It scared me as a kid and when I went on it 2 years ago, I didn't like it. It was better in December though.
Last edited by disneyprincess11 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I'm sad to see any dark ride go because I absolutely love the genre of ride, but I'm kinda with you that I wont miss this one in particular. On my first trip to DisneyWorld when I was about 5 (20 years ago :huh:) it scared the crap out of me too. Granted, since then it had been re-fitted to be a bit more happy I still have kinda held grudge against it. Probably because my screaming and crying has become a favorite family story... :roll:

Still, I recognize others love it much more than I and I'm sad for them to see it go.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I went on it on my only trip to Disney World. I was about 11, and actually...when the witch turned around it scared me too even at that age!

I'm sad to see it go because of my memory of it but more than that also because I think it's the best version of the Snow White dark ride, and it's my favorite dark ride.

I really hope the mine coaster is made to be sort of like an extended, better re-do of this ride. I think in the mines, you should get to see the Queen's dungeon (because it would also be underground) and see her transform and offer you an apple.

If only I could afford to go to Disney and ride the old ride all the time, because it was like experiencing the movie for real. : (
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

I'm really going to miss Snow White's Scary Adventures at the parks :( It was my favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and since I first went on the original pre 1994 refurb edition when I was four, I always had a great fondness for it. I think more than any other ride in the park, it's the one that manages to combine both Disney touch with the old fashioned feel of the classic amusement park dark ride/ spookhouse.

Oh well, at least the mine coaster looks like it will be a great addition to the park!
-Tim
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

From http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... -elephant/:
Walt Disney Imagineering just shared new details with the Disney Parks Blog about the new interactive queue area that will open at the big top tent at Dumbo the Flying Elephant in New Fantasyland this July.

This innovative queue area will completely redefine what it means for guests to prepare for a Disney attraction. Here’s how it will work: Guests arrive at Dumbo’s big top and receive a circus ticket pager that virtually holds their place and notifies them when it’s their turn to board the attraction. Kids (and kids of all ages) can then become part of the show inside the tent by enjoying circus-themed play experiences, while Dumbo flies high above.

Here are some photos of what you can expect!

HOW AMAZING!!!!! I can't wait to do it!!!
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I've literally only ridden Scary Adventures twice (once as a kid and once when I found out it was getting removed). It just never appealed to me, IDK (then again, I never really cared for Peter Pan either, since I just don't like static figures, but that one at least had more appealing imagery with all the music we love). The only reason I'm sad it's getting removed is because it's getting replaced with a meet-n-greet. If another dark ride was going there (*cough*Toad 2.0*cough*), then I'd be perfectly happy.
disneyprincess11 wrote:HOW AMAZING!!!!! I can't wait to do it!!!
Umm, it's a kids playground.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

jpanimation wrote: Umm, it's a kids playground.
An AMAZINGLY WELL-DESIGNED children's playground, at that. :P :wink: