Future Plans For WDW's Fantasyland

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Rudy Matt wrote:Anyone else bothered that you can see Eric's oceanside castle from Mermaid while riding? And you also see other landmarks? Seems odd - it reminds me of Casey Jr. Circus Train around Storybookland.
You know what else appears reminiscent about Storybook Land and Casey Jr.? The position of the Beast's castle! Sure, it's Cinderella's castle in Disneyland, but at Disneyland Paris, it's the Beast's castle.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

WonderlandFever wrote:I am very interested with the old skyway area as well! I think it's got to be for Rapunzel because really Tiana fits in so well where she is now and it's a great use of space. I am still holding out hope for a Haunted Mansion shop too :P
I read somewhere that the area will be used for pushchairs .... I hope that isn't true. I would love Rapunzel's Tower (And hopefully will have more height than the DL version)

I really hope Disney include Oswald in the Storybook Circus... Sure Disney won the rights to the character and apart from Epic Mickey that's all we've seen of him. Also Donald will be know as The Great Donaldo when it opens :lol The Idea sounds pretty cool and I am interested in the animatronics in the Snow White Ride

Rumors are circulating that there will be a PatF gift shop in the new area

Here is some new concept art.

Already completed - The outside Hundred Acre Wood facade and interactive queue line for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Early 2012 - Great Goofini roller coaster, Fantasyland Train Station, Casey Jr., and Half of the Storybook Circus along with the dualing Dumbo attraction
Late 2012 - Be Our Guest restaurant, Belle Meet-and-Greet, Beauty and the Beast Village, Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, and the Cinderella Castle wall
Early 2013 - The second half of Storybook Circus and Pete's Silly Sideshow
Late 2013 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:... I would love Rapunzel's Tower (And hopefully will have more height than the DL version)
Speaking of Rapunzel/Tangled, when's that area in Disneyland (the California or Paris one?), let alone Cars Land in DCA, supposed to be ready? My family and I will be traveling out to California next Summer, and we're definitely going to go to the Disneyland resort as a way for a gift for my graduation present. And we're hoping that the things we want to do while there are ready.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

@DisneyDude2010-Yay! Thanks for posting rumors and pics. it'll be amazing! :D
DisneyJedi wrote:
DisneyDude2010 wrote:... I would love Rapunzel's Tower (And hopefully will have more height than the DL version)
Speaking of Rapunzel/Tangled, when's that area in Disneyland (the California or Paris one?), let alone Cars Land in DCA, supposed to be ready? My family and I will be traveling out to California next Summer, and we're definitely going to go to the Disneyland resort as a way for a gift for my graduation present. And we're hoping that the things we want to do while there are ready.
They didn't say yet, I think.
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

At the DisneyParks Blog where they showed the concept art images it says:
Which new attraction are you most looking forward to?

There's 10 icons to click on and view, including an image of this handsome fella:

:lol:

I just find it hilarious that Gaston alone is considered an attraction.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

DisneyDude2010 wrote: Image
Why is that small child drinking a beer?!?!
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

singerguy04 wrote:
DisneyDude2010 wrote: Image
Disney wants to turn little children into donkeys for their laboring.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

singerguy04 wrote:
I love this picture. Out of context, it leads to some very strange possibilities. But the beverage is actually supposed to be Disney's answer to the Butterbeer served at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Super Aurora wrote:
singerguy04 wrote: Why is that small child drinking a beer?!?!
Disney wants to turn little children into donkeys for their laboring.
rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

UmbrellaFish wrote:
singerguy04 wrote:
I love this picture. Out of context, it leads to some very strange possibilities. But the beverage is actually supposed to be Disney's answer to the Butterbeer served at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Yeah I lol'd a bit when I saw the pic. If Disney really is bringing something similar to butterbeer to the parks I would not complain at all. The butterbeer in WWoHP is AMAZING!
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

Why does everyone have their eyes closed in the Gaston Turkey-Leg-and-Fake-Beer pub?

Anyway, I'm so happy they got rid of those rumored meet-and-greets. As for being able to see other realms from the new Snow White ride, I think Disney is going with the idea that everyone lives in the same "realm". One big happy family, I guess.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Rudy Matt wrote:Why does everyone have their eyes closed in the Gaston Turkey-Leg-and-Fake-Beer pub?
Trying something new, I suppose?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Rudy Matt wrote:Anyway, I'm so happy they got rid of those rumored meet-and-greets.
Wait, what meet and greets? Are they getting rid of the Princess meet and greets where Snow White's SA is?
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

New concept art for Bonjour! Gift Shop (Or Maurice's Cottage)

Doesn't Mrs Potts lookk SEXY :lol: :lol:

I would love Mrs Potts, Chip, Clogsworth and Lumiere to be anima-tronics
(They do look it, Don't they? It would look amazing!!)

(can someone confirm please!)

And here is an interesting article about the forced perspective of the Beast's Castle - I was so surprised of the actually size :o
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2011/04/a ... ney-magic/

Closer look - (look closely you can seen they lower walls of the castle which make it look massive!
And from Ground level

The same thing was also done whilst making TWWOHP At Universal
And areal view...

Will the castle at Disney look as good as this???
Thanks for any replys for my questions :D
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:New concept art for Bonjour! Gift Shop (Or Maurice's Cottage)
I was under the impression that Maurice's cottage is either a new location for the whole story time with Belle experience or a way to enter the restaurant under the castle. It was also my impression that the town square where Gaston's pub is would also feature a gift shop, which might be where this image is from.
DisneyDude2010 wrote:I would love Mrs Potts, Chip, Clogsworth and Lumiere to be anima-tronics
(They do look it, Don't they? It would look amazing!!)

(can someone confirm please!)
I would LOVE if this were true, but I haven't heard anything about that at all. It certainly is possible though! They use animatronics like that in the WWoHP in the shops.

From what I saw of the forced perspective from both The Beast's castle as well as Prince Eric's castle, the end result will be just as beautiful, believable, and magical as Hogwarts at the WWoHP! I cannot wait to actually see them in person when complete.
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

No that pic is from Bonjour gifts, Maurice's cottage is the entrance to Story Time with Belle where you will be transported to the castle's library.
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Rudy Matt wrote:Anyway, I'm so happy they got rid of those rumored meet-and-greets.
Wait, what meet and greets? Are they getting rid of the Princess meet and greets where Snow White's SA is?
Fairytale Hall will still be coming, I think Rudy was talking about the Cinderella and Aurora M&G from the original plans
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

This pic will give you a real idea of just how small Beast's castle really is:

Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Original plan for the forest was a series of meet and greet attractions like Briar Rose cottage, Cinderella chateau, DTV Tinker Bell Fairy Pixie Hollow, etc. These are gone, thank God. There's still nothing in the Beauty and the Beast section other than theme shops and theme restaraunts, but at least someone came to their senses and realized people go to Disney World for themed realms and actual attractions. The original D23 expansion presentation idea seemed like a ghastly series of "meet Santa" attractions...Expansion on the Cheap, as it were. I'm glad that as plans have taken shape, the expanded Fantasyland is sounding more intriguing, especially since the original meet and greet low budget low imagination low-effort ideas have been sidelined and sent to the the rubbish bin.

Oh - and the Gaston pub? Why is everyone's eyes closed in the pre-viz art? Because it is a complete Hogsmeade ripoff, with the kid-friendly beer and pub atmosphere, and everyone in the picture is too embarassed to open their eyes, mirroring the artist's own sense of self-shame contributing to it.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Rudy Matt wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote: Wait, what meet and greets? Are they getting rid of the Princess meet and greets where Snow White's SA is?
Original plan for the forest was a series of meet and greet attractions like Briar Rose cottage, Cinderella chateau, DTV Tinker Bell Fairy Pixie Hollow, etc. These are gone, thank God.
Oh, ok. I'm really sad about them going away, esepecially Aurora's :( I'm happy about Tinker Bell though!