Future Plans For WDW's Fantasyland

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Fantasyland Expansion, Films brought to life!

Post by Disney Duster »

I guess I forgot that you kind of explore the worlds and homes of Snow White and Peter Pan in their rides already. Do you get to go through Hangman's tree?

So I guess you would just need something for Pinocchio and Aladdin, and you really would then be able to go through all the worlds or homes of the most fantasy fairy tales that Disney has so far made within Fantasyland.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Tim, the character meals are cheaper at breakfast. Just FYI!

Mickey & Minnie say "Farewell" to Toontown Fair, "Hello" to the Town Square Exhibition Hall
http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... -hall.aspx
Disney Duster

Fantasyland Forest

Post by Disney Duster »

I just read that, and here's the thing:

As Walt said, "I hope we never forget one thing, that it all started with a mouse".

Mickey and his friends are the most important characters of Disney, and this is not in a popular sense but just a true sense. It doesn't matter what characters are more popular, Disney is not Disney without them.

So their homes are more important than the homes of any other characters. And since it's not the classic princesses, but the very unclassic Tinker Bell (Disney Toon CGI cheapquel version) and her friends who are really taking over their space, the most classic characters of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto should have their homes isntead of these modernly made direct-to-video characters that have not stood the test of time or are as recognizable as Mickey and gang.

Also, Dumbo doesn't need any extra room, or at least that much extra room, so he shouldn't be taking up space for Mickey and his friends' homes either!

If Pixie Hollow was just lessened and made more like Neverland so that it actually was about a classic instead of a dtv, and Dumbo's expansion was lessened, I bet we could at least keep the houses of ToonTown fair...
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

So much for bringing One Man's Dream over to the Magic Kingdom from the Studios.

I honestly think that Main Street is not their home. Toontown is, and they're being evicted in favor of short-term stuff. Why can't the Fab Five have a real home?
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Duster: While I agree with you about Mickey and friends being vital to the company I must explain that the world of Tinker Bell is more than just a "cheapquel". The series has been going on long before there was a movie. There have been books that truly develop through wonderful artwork, there's a real universe and reason of being for this series.

Also, just because the movies are being released straight through video it doesn't mean that they are "cheap". The quality of the CG is very good and the story is very solid and fun. Lasseter worked hard so that the new movies would truly do justice to both the iconic character and the legend of Never Land, going as far as to delay the entire project just to make sure the creators wrote a story worthy of the character.

Pixie Hollow, I believe, is a truly magical place, and the parks have done a good job of showing this. This new expansion looks to be even more magical and, just like the princesses, it gives people the opportunity of seeing Tinker Bell's world through their eyes.

There's real magic to the Disney Fairies franchise and I think you shouldn't be quick to dismiss it since there's truly heart behind it, despite what the merchandising and the flow of the DTV films lead you to believe.
ImageImageImageImage

bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

How are you going to meet the princesses if character hall of fame is removed?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

bradhig wrote:How are you going to meet the princesses if character hall of fame is removed?
errr we will be meeting the princess at their respective new location. duh
Disney Duster

Fantasyland Forest

Post by Disney Duster »

Pap, in short, I used the word cheapquel to prove my point. In comparison to any of the Disney Classics from Snow White to Fantasia 2000, Tinker Bell is not much more than a cheapquel.

Lasseter may have worked on the project but he didn't want it to have started in the first place and had wanted to cancel it.

I recently saw Tinker Bell and I am going to say negative things about it that you may not like and may make you feel bad about the series though remember it is only what you think of it that matters for your enjoyment of it so be prepared for that if you wish to listen as to why I so do not like it. It was not like the character or Never Land or like Peter Pan at all. Tinker Bell was a good, innocent girl who didn't try to do bad things or care about her looks or seem to get angry or jealous and her voiced definately didn't sound like it either. Never Land was changed to have Pixie Hollow which basically has a copy of the real world in forever-lasting seasons?! The plot was that Tinker Bell is born (that was actually good, but who can blame it when it was taken from the original Peter Pan's idea that fairies are born from a child's laughter). She's a tinker, that's great too, taken from her name. And she doesn't want to be, which also fit because there's no way I could see Walt Disney's Peter Pan's Tinker Bell wanting to do that job. But then the rest of the plot is she likes that job and messes up a fairy event, and then fixes it. Yes of course there was more stuff but after watching it that is what it felt like to me. It felt so much like something for tots I find a hard time believing it was made with tweens in mind.

Yea yea they put a lot of work into it well I didn't even think the animation was more special than any good CGI I see in other films. Yes it looked beautiful, but not as beautiful as a Disney classic feature and still does not make the whole thing okay. There was some good original humour with the baby bird and the squirrel that I quite enjoyed but that was about it for me.

I hope I did not put a damper on the beauty you see and enjoyment you get in this franchise, but to me it is still a franchise and also a very long overblown lie about Walt Disney's Tinker Bell. Never Land or something else should replace Pixie Hollow. Good or not Tinker Bell is a direct to video franchise and not a Disney classic. Disney Princess is a franchise made of off Disney Classics but the Disney Classic parts are staying at the parks no made up location with a made up backstory.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

What is the Snow White section called?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

bradhig wrote:What is the Snow White section called?
There is no Snow White section in the new addition.... Honestly do you even bother to look at the links and sources people here post up??

Only Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel and Belle are getting a section.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Then no Snow White meet and greet?
Tomorrowland Man
Limited Issue

Post by Tomorrowland Man »

Overall, I’m happy with the decisions that the company has made dealing with the project, with the exception of Fab Fives’ evictions. I know they’re being moved to the front of the park and I’ve gotten past the point of wanting to meet and greet but there should be some respect given to the top tier characters. Let’s not forget what brought us here in the first place, guys.

If this works out, I’m hoping there’s some major tinkering at Hollywood Studios like has been rumored with proposed lands and all with a Toon Town that includes Mickey & Minnie’s homes.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I know this was announced a couple weeks ago, but just wanted to chime in...

*MELTS*

DEAR GOD, I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
blackcauldron85

Another Look At Fantasyland
http://progresscityusa.com/2009/11/15/a ... ntasyland/
(via thedisneyblog.com)
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Oh my god.... Eric's castle is just so gorgeous! I can't wait to see it!

But, Disney Duster, here's the thing: remember that Tink is much younger in that series than she is in "Peter Pan." We have no idea what happened to her between the events of the Autumn Revelry in "Lost Treasure" and when we see her again years later. Any number of things could have happened to make her insanely jealous/bitchy.

Another nice touch that I noticed in that series: I think, in a way, it connects "Peter Pan" back to "Fantasia," making the Disney cannon feel more like one coherent universe. Think about it, in the Disney Fairies series, why do Never Fairies exist? To change the season. Just as "Fantasia"'s fairies do.... hmmmm......
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
WDWLocal
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WDWLocal »

Tomorrowland Man wrote:Overall, I’m happy with the decisions that the company has made dealing with the project, with the exception of Fab Fives’ evictions. I know they’re being moved to the front of the park and I’ve gotten past the point of wanting to meet and greet but there should be some respect given to the top tier characters. Let’s not forget what brought us here in the first place, guys.
I think you're over-worrying.

Besides, the Fab 5's main city homes are in Toontown at Disneyland in California. :D

Their Florida homes are just their country homes.

Hopefully, they'll build a new Toontown (identical to the one at DL) at the Magic Kingdom sometime in the distant future.
pap64 wrote:Duster: While I agree with you about Mickey and friends being vital to the company I must explain that the world of Tinker Bell is more than just a "cheapquel". The series has been going on long before there was a movie. There have been books that truly develop through wonderful artwork, there's a real universe and reason of being for this series.

Also, just because the movies are being released straight through video it doesn't mean that they are "cheap". The quality of the CG is very good and the story is very solid and fun. Lasseter worked hard so that the new movies would truly do justice to both the iconic character and the legend of Never Land, going as far as to delay the entire project just to make sure the creators wrote a story worthy of the character.

Pixie Hollow, I believe, is a truly magical place, and the parks have done a good job of showing this. This new expansion looks to be even more magical and, just like the princesses, it gives people the opportunity of seeing Tinker Bell's world through their eyes.

There's real magic to the Disney Fairies franchise and I think you shouldn't be quick to dismiss it since there's truly heart behind it, despite what the merchandising and the flow of the DTV films lead you to believe.
I fully agree, Pap.
WDWLocal
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WDWLocal »

pap64 wrote:As for Aladdin, yeah I completely forgot about his story. The story DOES fit Fantasyland well. In fact, on the storybook ride in Disneyland California they have the Sultan's palace complete with the genie's lamp as well as A whole new world playing as you pass it.
However, Aladdin is already very well represented in Adventureland, so that's pretty much of the question. Besides, Adventureland is probably better-suited to that film and its characters anyway, just as how Mulan is more suitable to China and Pocahontas and Tiana to the USA.

Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan and Tiana would be mostly out of place in the European-oriented Fantasyland.
Last edited by WDWLocal on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

You've certainly got a point, there, WDWLocal. It is kind of odd when, occasionally, they try to regulate all princesses to the same sort of universe, when really some of them come from very different worlds.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
blackcauldron85

Disney begins signing up contractors for Fantasyland redo
http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2009/12/ ... land-redo/
(via disneyreport.com)
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Disney begins signing up contractors for Fantasyland redo
http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2009/12/ ... land-redo/
(via disneyreport.com)
So seems like by 2014, it would be about finish.