What's New at DisneyLand?

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Video: A Point of View Ride on Radiator Springs Racers
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest-ID-79683.asp

Neon Signs to Brighten Night in Cars Land
http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/03/19/neo ... cars-land/

Imagineer Alice Davis to be Honored with Window on Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland Park
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... land-park/
(via laughingplace.com)

Disney event brings in T.V. stars, deaf performers
http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2012/03/ ... rs/109922/
(via laughingplace.com)
blackcauldron85

Video: Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Recording Music for Radiator Springs
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest-ID-79688.asp
blackcauldron85

Fall down the Rabbit Hole: Disney California Adventure preps “Mad T Party”
http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/03/26/fal ... d-t-party/
blackcauldron85

Is Oz Land Coming to Disneyland?
http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-parks/ ... dates.html
(via laughingplace.com and http://ocresort.ocregister.com )
Sigh...part of me thinks that Oz would be a good fit in a Disney park (obviously a better fit than Avatar! But my love of Return to Oz makes me sad that it would be a different movie version that would be recreated at the park. Even though the MGM version is represented in The Great Movie Ride and there is an Oz represented in the Storybook Canal at Disneyland Paris.

More on the Mad T Party Coming to DCA June 15
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ture-park/
(via laughingplace.com)

I kind of like the cards' outfits, but I don't think I'm feeling any of the other costumes, or even the point of this. Just doesn't seem like my cup of T (see what I did there?!), but I should see it before I judge too much, I suppose.

Red Car Trolley Tests the Track at Disney California Adventure Park
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ks+Blog%29
(via disneyreport.com)

‘Citizens of Buena Vista Street’ Casting Call Issued for Disney California Adventure
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-cit ... ure-20155/
(via disneyreport.com)
blackcauldron85

Last dance for Carnation Plaza, Matterhorn testing, Starbucks on Buena Vista St, MORE
http://micechat.com/blogs/dateline-disn ... -more.html
(via disneyreport.com)

Matterhorn, Buena Vista Street, Mad T Party, Hyperion Theatre construction pics, and pretty-much-finished Cars Land pics (4/26):
http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-parks/ ... world.html
(via disneyreport.com)

Disneyland's New Main Street Shops, Matterhorn, Mad T Party, Cars Land (5/3):
http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-parks/ ... rmers.html
(via disneyreport.com)
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Re: What's New at DisneyLand?

Post by kbehm29 »

This thread hasn't been updated in a while! Anybody go to Disneyland recently and have anything to report?

I just was asked by a co-worker if I'd like to travel with her to see Hollywood (her husband doesn't want to visit the L.A. area and she's never been). My answer? As long as we can go to Disneyland too! You don't have to ask me twice!

So now, I'm going to Anaheim in February and Orlando in March! Life doesn't get much better than that...
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

Oh, it gets even better! My uncle in Vegas had heart surgery (he's doing OK...actually feels much better) so I'm going to visit him over Mother's Day weekend in three weeks, and driving to Disneyland one of the days I'm there! 4 hours drive, totally worth it. Can't get THAT close and not go. It will be a long day (especially because I'm flying out of Vegas at 6AM the next morning), but so very worth it.

THREE WEEKS! And I'll be back in my favorite place in the world.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
Sorcerer Mickey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sorcerer Mickey »

Time to revive this thread with fantastic news. Come September 14th, a certain Lucky Rabbit is set to make his first American Theme Park appearance at Disney California Adventure!
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, one of Walt Disney’s earliest cartoon stars, has had a presence at Disney California Adventure park for the past couple of years, from those delightful rabbit ear hats to the Oswald ice cream sundaes at Clarabelle’s. Now, Oswald himself is set to come home to Disneyland Resort!

Oswald made his film debut September 5, 1927, in the cartoon short “Trolley Troubles.” Walt Disney went on to produce 26 Oswald the Lucky Rabbit shorts, before losing the rights to the character in 1928. It was that experience that inspired the creation of Mickey Mouse, and the rest as they say, is history. Oswald finally returned to the Disney family in 2006 and made his first Disney Parks appearance earlier this year at Tokyo DisneySea.

Later this month, you’ll finally be able to meet Oswald on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park. Just look for the lucky little rabbit strolling along the sunny side of the street, starting September 14!
Formerly known as Musketeer2004

The 1,000th Ultimate Disney member.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Woo that's exciting! I haven't heard anything about that.

Okay, I guess it's my duty to help out in this thread, since it is a sad affair. I have no official sources, but here's a dump of rumours going around DLR lately. They may or may not be true. I don't know myself. Trying to be sufficiently vague here...

-Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at DCA may be getting a Frozen makeover for the holidays
-New light parade coming to DCA in 2015 for the 60th.
-Muppets 3-D to shut down to make way for virtual coaster based on Metropolis chase sequence in The Incredibles
-Luigi's Flying Tires to eventually shut down and turn into a cars meet and greet for a year while they figure out what to do with it. Also rumours of another possibly virtual ride taking it's place in the long run.
-Very vague rumours about Marvel land being opened next to Cars Land, including an Avengers ride (coaster?).
-Autopia to be turned into Endor chase scene ride.
-Jedi Training Academy to be turned into full Star Wars stage show to be housed in Tomorrowland Theater.
-Star Wars being a much bigger presence in Tomorrowland in general.
-Lots of excited murmuring about little tidbits they've heard about the 60th. It's gonna be a great year next year by all accounts.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I definitely won't miss Luigi's. They are as useless as the old Flying Saucers. The technology needed to make them work well still isn't perfected. Radiator Springs Racers and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree are fab, though! Won't miss the Muppets. Meh to the Marvel/Star Wars stuff. Unless they're fabulous E tickets...
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Look at this!

The Alice In Wonderland ride that has had a complete retooling to spectacular effect !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNk6Z-tZB8s

It's absolutely wonderful; the new projections and the addition of Alice herself at certain points is inspired. This is how a refurbishment should take place; nothing taken away from a wonderful ride, only enhanced and improved.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

^I forgot to say anything about that! It's really well done and enhances the ride. Everyone thought they were just fixing up the railings so it would be up to OSHA's standards, and it was such a nice surprise when it was a complete refurbishment. :)

About Luigi's, it seems it will stay Luigi's for now, but will be getting a refurbishment of its own to make it a much better ride. That'll probably be coming January/February-ish.

Also, once Cars Land excitement dies down, Tower of Terror will get randomised drops. The system's been in place for years apparently, but they've been waiting for a slow period to enable it. :roll:

And it seems MiceChat's rumours about Frozen coming to Hollywoodland are true. An ice rink in Stage 17 and Animation Academy for sure, at least.
blackcauldron85

BREAKING: Luigi’s Flying Tires in Cars Land to be Removed; New Attraction in Development for Florida Cars Land?
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2014/10/breaking- ... cars-land/
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

So. Flipping. Excited.
I leave for Disneyland with my 4-year-old daughter two weeks from tomorrow. She's never been to the Land.
We are doing a few things that I've never done: eating at the Blue Bayou for lunch, A Christmas Fantasy parade, character breakfast at Ariel's Grotto, World of Color, Cars Land.
We are going to Disneyland on Friday Nov 15th and California Adventure Saturday Nov 16th. I'm hoping the holiday decorations will be up!!

Any other advice? Where is the best spot to view the parade?
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

kbehm29 wrote:So. Flipping. Excited.
I leave for Disneyland with my 4-year-old daughter two weeks from tomorrow. She's never been to the Land.
We are doing a few things that I've never done: eating at the Blue Bayou for lunch, A Christmas Fantasy parade, character breakfast at Ariel's Grotto, World of Color, Cars Land.
We are going to Disneyland on Friday Nov 15th and California Adventure Saturday Nov 16th. I'm hoping the holiday decorations will be up!!

Any other advice? Where is the best spot to view the parade?
The Christmas decorations should be up if the parade is already on. When we were there in 2008 for Christmas, we watched the parade on Main Street not too far from Sleeping Beauty's Castle. that's also the best place to catch the fireworks if they're on.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
blackcauldron85

Fantasmic! will be FastPass-only starting next month:
http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/content ... er-12.html
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I know that I am in a minority here, but I wish that Disneyland could find a way for Senior citizens to be able to afford to visit their parks nowdays.

When we lived in California and our kids were younger and still living at home, we visited Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm on a very regular basis.

Pretty soon we got priced out of Disneyland, but could go get the famous Chicken dinner at Knotts. The Disneyland prices got way out of hand, and have steadily gone up as the years have gone by.

We now live in Kansas, and wish that we could afford at least one more Disneyland trip before we are truly to old to enjoy it. But checking with travel agents and different hotels, it is truly unaffordable at this time.

We now enter any sweepstakes that involve a fully paid week at Disneyland including transportation and two meals a day. If we should get lucky enough to win one of these, then we would be overjoyed.

All we have now are the memories and several dozen 8mm movies of each of our trips to the Magic Kingdom.

Our first visit to Disneyland was two weeks after it opened, and we used to go almost weekly during those first couple of years. When the park was small and we watched it grow, it is nice to watch our filmed memories and wish that Disneyland could make offers to Senior citizens, so we could afford at least one more visit.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

DVDJunkie: I'm sorry that you find visiting Disneyland to be out of reach. That would break my heart. Our family doesn't have much money, but I forego lots of other things in order to budget in Disney every few years. Unfortunately Disneyland doesn't have the same ticket policy as in Florida. The tickets expire at the end of every year, at least they used to and still do as far as I know. So you can't purchase a ticket when you have a little extra money and save it until you have the rest of the trip budgeted for (that's how I go to Florida).

Here is what AARP says on their website: Of course, each of the AARP travel center vacation package deals in Disneyland® Park also gives you access to an array of members-only travel perks. You'll be able to ditch the booking fees on airfare, score a 10% discount on a single hotel stay, chip off anywhere between 5% and 25% on your car rental and save up to $525 when you book your Disneyland® Park senior vacations as one package. If that's not enough, we'll even let you browse a selection of sale trips at the very last minute. Check out the Disneyland® Park vacations for seniors at the AARP Travel Center Powered by Expedia today, and get ready for your long-awaited getaway.

Honestly, I stay at the Motel 6 when I visit Disney in Florida AND Anaheim. In Florida, the Motel 6 has a beautiful pool area and the rate is $29/night. I go for the parks anyway - I don't care how small the room is. The rate in Anaheim is about $77/night. I would rather go on a severely limited budget than not be able to go at all. Disney also lets you bring your own food into the park. They will not stop you at the security check-in for sandwiches and snacks. You can ask for water for free at any concession stand.

In addition, the "Disneyland Express" bus can take you straight from the airport to your hotel vicinity (depending on the hotel, you might have to take a few blocks cab ride when you get there) for $49 RT - up to three children ride free per paying adult. NO rental car needed!! I watch for $129 fare sales at the airlines.

I hope all of this helps. I really feel for you and hope that you do get to go. If I had the money, I would send you on a trip! If you're willing to not travel in "style" or stay on Disney property, it really is do-able to make an enjoyable trip.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Note to kbehm29:

I was not expecting anyone to do all the "leg work" for me. Thank you, but when I say affordable, I mean really affordable. It would have to cost less than $100 for two of us for two days.

We have a very good car, and could drive to California from Kansas with no problem and we have family that live in Westminster, which is not very far from either Disneyland or Knott's Berry Farm.

The last time we were at Disneyland was 1978, and we still have some of the ticket stubs from the rides. They were A, B, C, D and E ticket rides and then you eat at Pirates of the Caribbean or any of the other nice restaurants for less than $30.

From our friends in California, they say the prices are sometimes out of their reach. They don't like the fact that ticket prices expire each year, and they don't like the pricey-ness of even the fast food places in the park.

We have basically conceded to the fact that we will never be able to go to Disneyland again! We will continue to enter Sweepstakes that offer all-expenses-paid for three-day two-night stays. We can figure out how to get to California on our own.

Thanks again for all your hard work. We aren't members of AARP anymore. Even that got too pricey for us, and their sales on travel are not any cheaper than you can find on Expedia, Hot Wire, or Hotels.com.

Nice to know there is someone out there who doesn't think I am an old fogey!!
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
blackcauldron85

Nighttime parade for 60th anniversary:
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-con ... ary-73766/