The Little Mermaid Rides

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Little Mermaid Rides

Post by Disney Duster »

From Jim Hill Media, click that red text for the full story, but here's a quote:
Getting back to your original question now (i.e. "Does this announcement hold water?"), Courtney: Yes. There really is a "Little Mermaid" attraction in the Magic Kingdom's development pipeline right now. It'll probably be 2012 -- perhaps as late as 2015 -- before that show building finally makes it up out of the ground. But look for a ride-through version of Ariel's undersea adventures to become "Part of Your (Disney) World" vacation experience in the not-so-distant future.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

Yes it is happening but at Disney's California Adventure at Disneyland Resort.

EDIT: I just read the Jim Hill thing. It would not surprise me if WDW built it too.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

:ariel:
Great News, I love Dark Rides !
Hope this ride gets spread internationaly, and that theyre going to make more dark rides based on recent Disney classics !
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I HOPE it comes to WDW (namely Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland). And I also hope it comes to ALL Disney resorts worldwide, too

Where would the ride go in the other resorts, you ask? Well...
  • JAPAN: Tokyo DisneySea (Mermaid Lagoon (obviously))
  • FRANCE: Disneyland Paris (Fantasyland)
  • HONG KONG: Hong Kong Disneyland (Fantasyland)
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

My wish would be for this to be another Disneyland exclusive. But it would be an no brainer to transplant this to the other resorts. I am glad that they will wait a while before cloning it.
Skellington or Sparrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Skellington or Sparrow »

dizfan wrote:My wish would be for this to be another Disneyland exclusive. But it would be an no brainer to transplant this to the other resorts. I am glad that they will wait a while before cloning it.
disneyland really needs more exclusives. it's not fair how much disney world gets.
:ears: I heart Disneyland :ears:
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

Glad to see that this is happening. If it's anything like the DVD version, it should be cool.
QueenRahel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by QueenRahel »

wow this is great news!!! i hope it comes to WDW...finally they have done a TLM ride!!!! :D i cant wait to see demolition and a structure coming up in photos....but it will still be a while 8)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

How amazing is this? I thought I might have a slight heart attack when I found out that they were making this. And the fact that the success of the DVD and the interest it generated is why this ride is being made makes it even more special.

I can only hope that it will come to DisneyLand Resort Paris at some point. And I really hope they get Jodi Benson to voice Ariel in the ride, like Katheryn Beaumont did for the Alice ride.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Big Disney Fan wrote:I HOPE it comes to WDW (namely Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland). And I also hope it comes to ALL Disney resorts worldwide, too

Where would the ride go in the other resorts, you ask? Well...
  • JAPAN: Tokyo DisneySea (Mermaid Lagoon (obviously))
  • FRANCE: Disneyland Paris (Fantasyland)
  • HONG KONG: Hong Kong Disneyland (Fantasyland)
They can even place it in Adventureland if Fantasyland is too occupied with rides.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I wonder what it will be called. 'Ariel's Undersea Adventures' like the TV series? Or something else?
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I wonder what it will be called. 'Ariel's Undersea Adventures' like the TV series? Or something else?
I just went to Youtube to watch the ride in CGI (from the DVD), and that's exactly what they called it.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Thank you Jack Skellington! I think that is probably what they will call it then. That would also give them the option of putting the ride in Adventureland, wouldnt it? Although I do think it is best suited to Fantasyland.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

At first I was estaticly excited about the news, but now that I've given it some thought I don't think this ride is a good idea at all [...]

I can all ready see my day and $60 ticket go to waste on riding the same ride all day! :lol:
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh my gosh! You had me really worried there for a minute Disney-Fan! I thought what on earth could someone find to complain about this ride! But your $60 won't be wasted, it will be put to good use riding what will be one of the best rides in the whole Disney Park :D
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

So which movie do you want to see having their own dark ride in the Disney Parks ?

I'd love an Aladdin dark/coaster ride with magic carpets, preferably placed in Adventureland.
Disney Duster

The Little Mermaid Ride is Happening!

Post by Disney Duster »

Jim Hill posted a new picture and some new info. Apparently the ride is proposed to replace another ride at Disney's California Adventure, "Golden Dreams", a theater attraction with a film about the history of California.

The ride vehicles still haven't changed much from the shells we saw on the DVD!
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Jack Skellington wrote:So which movie do you want to see having their own dark ride in the Disney Parks ?color]

-Aladdin- not based on the movies or the series. a brand new story, may
be some insight on how the cave of wonders came to be, treasures that it
holds, or how the lamp got there.

- Nightmare Before Christmas-
this i could see put of from october to january, and i wouldn't mind it
being the same stoy from the movie, it could be a scary ride (like Haunted Mansion)
but filled with holiday spirit, or may be it can travel around the other holidays different times of the year, you know? all those other doors,
and we could have a lot more insight on jack's character when he visits other holidays.

-The Black Cauldron
this could be either the movie or the movie told through the horned king's view.

that's all i can think of for now
Disney Duster

The Little Mermaid Ride- Other Darkride Suggestions?

Post by Disney Duster »

rs_milo_whatever wrote:- Nightmare Before Christmas-
this i could see put of from october to january, and i wouldn't mind it
being the same stoy from the movie, it could be a scary ride (like Haunted Mansion)
but filled with holiday spirit, or may be it can travel around the other holidays different times of the year, you know? all those other doors,
and we could have a lot more insight on jack's character when he visits other holidays.
Did you know that sometimes they do "Haunted Mansion Holdiday" where they decorate the Haunted Mansion with Nightmare Before Christmas characters? New animatronics, mostly members of Halloweentown, are added and the story narration is changed to accommodate!
rs_milo_whatever wrote:- -The Black Cauldron
this could be either the movie or the movie told through the horned king's view.
Well, did you know Tokyo Disney had a ride called "Cinderella Castle Magical Mystery Tour", where you went in the basement of the castle to go through many locations having to do with Disney villains, ending with the lair of the Horned King, poring over the Black Cauldron and raising some of the Cauldron Born! Yes, there are animatronics of all this! But one member of the tour group is selected to weild Taran's magic sword and defeat the king! You just stand there holding the sword and let "the magic" happen, but still!
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

i actually didn't know of the haunted mansion holiday, but i did know of the disney villain attraction, i saw it on the gold collection DVD, but i thought it was during the 80's in disneyland; i guess i have to watch it again.

well i guess my ideas weren't bad after all :P
...they actually happened