The Little Mermaid Rides

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

Because she won't be near the water?
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

There are no water in her grotto neither.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

I know LOL ... that was a joke LOLOLOLOL
JaceDisney91

Post by JaceDisney91 »

YES, FINALLY!

I'm hoping and praying that they might build one at Disneyland Resort Paris too. If not, Walt Disney World. That would be terrific! :D
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

There's even plans for a Beauty and the Beast dark ride, according to a few sites Disney is planning to replace Snow White's Scary Adventures with it, as for Snow White, well she can be seen in a new dwarf's mine train based family roller coaster. (hopefully a dark ride too)
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Jack Skellington wrote:There's even plans for a Beauty and the Beast dark ride, according to a few sites Disney is planning to replace Snow White's Scary Adventures with it, as for Snow White, well she can be seen in a new dwarf's mine train based family roller coaster. (hopefully a dark ride too)
This article is a few months old, but it talks about what you're talking about:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... elift.aspx
JaneMccoy
Gold Classic Collection
Location: the original jersey trilogy that resides in the land of philadelphia immigrants

Post by JaneMccoy »

Ariel'sprince wrote:Ariel will be a human in the Princess Fantasy Fair? why she can't be a mermaid?.
Maybe they're not going to have a big enough rock for her to sit on since she can't exactly stand on her fin.

And a Beauty and the Beast dark ride? AWESOME! Although, I'd miss Snow White just b/c that's where I first worked in Disney.

And thanks for posting the link to the article. I'm going to agree w/ the Jim Hill and say that the Fantasyland overhaul won't be completed till 2015 or after...that's a long ways away...I wonder if we'll all have hovercrafts by then :P
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

Construction for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventures will begin in just a few short months at California Adventure! :)
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

dizfan wrote:Construction for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventures will begin in just a few short months at California Adventure! :)

*dies*

Oh dear, I hope with everything that's within me that they bring this ride to WDW. And then, good luck to the cast members who try to get me off the ride. :p

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

xxhplinkxx wrote:Oh dear, I hope with everything that's within me that they bring this ride to WDW. And then, good luck to the cast members who try to get me off the ride. :p
Well they have to build it first and that isn't happening as of now because WDW management is to sacred of the economy to do anything (they were just lazy in the past but now they are scared). That's why we don't have a Monsters Inc coaster still under construction.
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

Just ride it in California.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

dizfan wrote:Just ride it in California.
exactly and enjoy the rest of the fixed up DCA when you're there.
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

It's hard to believe that by that time the only thing really left to open will be Cars Land the following year.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

dizfan wrote:Just ride it in California.
Sure, I'll just ride over on my invisible jet that I bought and had custom made with my overflowing bank account. :roll:

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

I was thinking more along the lines of saving up and buying the cheapest red eye airline ticket. But yeah, invisibile jets are good to. 8)
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Some new info?
jimdotbeep

The already have that

Post by jimdotbeep »

rs_milo_whatever wrote:
Jack Skellington wrote:So which movie do you want to see having their own dark ride in the Disney Parks ?color]

-- Nightmare Before Christmas-
this i could see put of from october to january, and i wouldn't mind it
being the same stoy from the movie, it could be a scary ride (like Haunted Mansion)
but filled with holiday spirit, or may be it can travel around the other holidays different times of the year, you know? all those other doors,
and we could have a lot more insight on jack's character when he visits other holidays.

that's all i can think of for now

They already have that it's called Haunted Mansion Holiday
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

According to Wikipeida, (yes yes, I know, very unreliable ! ) Alan Menken is going to be producing / recreating The Little Mermaid's Ride score. How cool is that ? If it's true .... Means we may get some new arrangements of the score. Makes me hopeful that Jodi will be back for Ariel. I don't see why she wouldnt be, but it just makes me more certain now that she would be.

And the ride is going to be called 'Ariel's Adventure' apparantly :)
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

Construction is supposed to begin on May 26!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh my lordy .... This is really happening ! I can't quite believe it; my favourite movie in the whol world is getting their own ride ! And don't you think what makes it even better, is that is partly to do with us, and the massive interest we created when they made the ride for the Platinum DVD ? I think it all just adds to it for me :)