Rumors About Tomorrowland at Disneyland

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Rumors About Tomorrowland at Disneyland

Post by Angeldude98 »

I have read rumors (Most on MiceAge) that there is a major overhaul coming soon to that section of the park that includes among other things: A complete overlay and re-theming to Star Wars, the removal of the Astro Orbiter and the surrouding rocks (quite the eyesore in a very tight location if you ask me), the removal of the PeopleMover track (though personally I do wish they'd bring that attraction back), and the removal of Autopia (who knows what they'll put in its place).

One rumor that apparently has proven false was that the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage was closing for good; a rumor that Bob Iger himself dismissed at the last shareholders meeting when he said the subs would definitely be coming back.

I do hope they do a good job with the overhaul this time. That section has been suffering quite a bit since the weird 1998 overhaul done by then Disneyland managers Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss. And though the current management did fix a lot of that for the 50th anniversay, I think this section of the park is in fact due for some major renovation work.

So, anyone have any info and opinions on these rumors and how true they are?
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Rumors About Tomorrowland at Disneyland

Post by blackcauldron85 »

CONCEPT ART: TRON Lightcycle-Type Ride Was Envisioned for PeopleMover Track in New Tomorrowland at Disneyland, Jet Packs, Wall-E & More
https://wdwnt.com/?p=896502