The Buying, Selling, and Trading Slipcover Thread

Post your lists to trade or sell products to other forum members.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I can send it to you, absolutely! I don't think it should cost too much to send to Australia...let me look on the Post Office's website.

Global Express Guaranteed® Document Service
1 - 3 Days $54.75
Global Express Guaranteed® Non-Document Service
1 - 3 Days Calculate
Global Express Mail™ (EMS) 3 - 5 Days $27.45
Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Large) 4 - 6 Days $9.50
Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Small) 4 - 6 Days $5.25
Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (Single) 4 - 6 Days $13.75
Airmail Letter Post 4 - 7 Days $11.60
Economy (Surface) Letter Post 4 - 6 Weeks $4.95

I put the weight as 1 lb., 1 oz., which is just an estimate. So, the cheapest would be $4.95, which isn't bad at all. But, the website doesn't say exactly what qualifies. Technically, the slipcover is paper, a letter is paper....

Let me know what you think!
brotherbear
Special Edition

Post by brotherbear »

aww. the Sleeping Beauty cover's already been claimed!!! :( oh well.

But let me see if i've got this straight, you're willing to send out slipcovers (the ones not bolded) free (except shipping) to anyone whom asks for it? Wow. You're an amazing person if that's true!! :lol: I'm thinking about asking you for you're Alice in Wonderland Slipcover. You can just ask Escapay if you want to know how hard i've been looking for a copy with the cover. :lol: How much would shipping to VA cost?

hmmm...I'll have to think about this, and see if its something I want to do. :) Especially since Disney's being anal about thier slipcovers and only sending them if you have a damaged one. :x

-BB
MY "FAB FOUR": 1- FANTASIA, 2- THE LION KING, 3- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, 4- THE JUNGLE BOOK

blackcauldron85

brotherbear wrote:aww. the Sleeping Beauty cover's already been claimed!!! :( oh well.

But let me see if i've got this straight, you're willing to send out slipcovers (the ones not bolded) free (except shipping) to anyone whom asks for it? Wow. You're an amazing person if that's true!! :lol: I'm thinking about asking you for you're Alice in Wonderland Slipcover. You can just ask Escapay if you want to know how hard i've been looking for a copy with the cover. :lol: How much would shipping to VA cost?

hmmm...I'll have to think about this, and see if its something I want to do. :) Especially since Disney's being anal about thier slipcovers and only sending them if you have a damaged one. :x

-BB
awww, thanks! :lol: I really don't care if my movies have them, and so many people here do, so I don't mind giving them to people here. I'll send you the Alice in Wonderland slipcover if you want...I'm assuming it'll only cost a couple dollars...I'll try and send it media mail (do paper products count as media mail?) or first class...
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

Hmm, I'll have to have a think about it. If any one wants it while I'm mulling it over, they're welcome to it. Thank-you for the generous offer though, that's really nice of you.
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas (all-new movie sticker)

don't forget to put that on hold for me please ;) hopefully my package from DMC will be here soon :(

hey you wouldn't happen to have Curios George and Monster House covers too :)??? lmk
blackcauldron85

DisneyDVDFAN wrote:Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas (all-new movie sticker)

don't forget to put that on hold for me please ;) hopefully my package from DMC will be here soon :(

hey you wouldn't happen to have Curios George and Monster House covers too :)??? lmk
I will put it in bold for you! And, I don't buy non-Disney movies (unless it's a Christmas movie sometimes). Sorry!
brotherbear
Special Edition

Post by brotherbear »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I put the weight as 1 lb., 1 oz., which is just an estimate. Technically, the slipcover is paper, a letter is paper....

Let me know what you think!
First, I just wanted to let you know that the weight of the slipcover will be like..EXTREMELY small (definately less than 1 lb and 1 oz). According to walmart.com, the entire dvd set of Alice in Wonderland (and I'm assuming Aladdin would be the same), is ".498 pounds". So, the slipcover has got to be like 1/10 of a pound (just something less than 1/2 of a pound). So, assuming that the slipcover with the envelope and all is 3 ounces, it will cost $0.87 for First Class mail in 1-3 day delivery. And that's if it's in an envelope (not a box / package). Now, I don't know your zip code, but I just put in "Main Street, Orlando, FL", and I got 32801. Oh, and this is all according to usps.com (US Postal Service...not UPS). I am actually amazed on how cheap the shipping would be! (if the weight turns out to be that low anyway).

But the last thing I want to ask you is, how's the condition of the slipcover? Is it worn/bent/torn/etc.? (I'm sorry about asking you these things when you seem to be an avid Disney collector, and you most likely take good care of your DVD sets, but I feel like I must ask). Oh, and I personally don't mind stickers. :) All of mine that had any of the "New!", "For a Limited Time Only!", and any other stickers still have them.

And as I said earlier, and as RachelSmachel said, you are VERY generous to do this! (And just so you know, I still have to think this over a little- I'm just trying to figure out what I'd be getting into if I do this!) :)

-BB
MY "FAB FOUR": 1- FANTASIA, 2- THE LION KING, 3- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, 4- THE JUNGLE BOOK

blackcauldron85

brotherbear wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:And as I said earlier, and as RachelSmachel said, you are VERY generous to do this! (And just so you know, I still have to think this over a little- I'm just trying to figure out what I'd be getting into if I do this!) :)

-BB
I didn't realize they weighed so little (but I'm awful with numbers!).

THe person that "ordered" 3 slipcovers paid $6 total, including shipping.

All of my slipcovers are in great condition. They've either been on a shelf or in a box, since I recently moved.

And, I don't mind you asking any questions! I can't post pictures on here, since I tried and failed (opened and closed a Photobucket account in a day), but if you really need to see pictures, I could work something out...?
brotherbear
Special Edition

Post by brotherbear »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
brotherbear wrote: I didn't realize they weighed so little (but I'm awful with numbers!).

THe person that "ordered" 3 slipcovers paid $6 total, including shipping.

All of my slipcovers are in great condition. They've either been on a shelf or in a box, since I recently moved.

And, I don't mind you asking any questions! I can't post pictures on here, since I tried and failed (opened and closed a Photobucket account in a day), but if you really need to see pictures, I could work something out...?
Don't worry about pictures. I trust your word. :) (although if you feel ambitious, I would love to see pics, but totally and absolutely NO pressure!) And it would basically cost $2 to ship 1 slipcover?? And, (again, if you don't mind me asking), how would you ship it? (UPS v. USPS, envelope v. box, shipping type, etc.)?? I too didn't realize how little the slipcovers weighed! Oh, and I'm still kinda new to this whole internet ordering/trading thing, so how would you want me 2 pay for the $2 should I choose to go through with this?

Thanks!

-BB

blackcauldron85

brotherbear wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote: Don't worry about pictures. I trust your word. :) (although if you feel ambitious, I would love to see pics, but totally and absolutely NO pressure!) And it would basically cost $2 to ship 1 slipcover?? And, (again, if you don't mind me asking), how would you ship it? (UPS v. USPS, envelope v. box, shipping type, etc.)?? I too didn't realize how little the slipcovers weighed! Oh, and I'm still kinda new to this whole internet ordering/trading thing, so how would you want me 2 pay for the $2 should I choose to go through with this?

Thanks!

-BB
Well, part of that $2 was for shipping...I still need to buy an envelope and stuff for each order, too. He paid through Paypal, which is my method of choice (we both just happened to have Paypal accounts). I would ship it through the US post office, either media mail or first class.
blackcauldron85

For those interested, it cost me $5.15 to ship 3 slipcovers, in a box (so they wouldn't get bent). The weight (on my receipt) was 1 lb. .50oz, so my guess was close. I sent it from 32807 to 22406. I sent it "first class mail", but my receipt says "priority mail", but it wasn't in a Priority box or anything, so I'm guessing that that's what they call "first class". I ship things often, but never look at my receipts.
disneyguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneyguy »

blackcauldron85 wrote:For those interested, it cost me $5.15 to ship 3 slipcovers, in a box (so they wouldn't get bent). The weight (on my receipt) was 1 lb. .50oz, so my guess was close. I sent it from 32807 to 22406. I sent it "first class mail", but my receipt says "priority mail", but it wasn't in a Priority box or anything, so I'm guessing that that's what they call "first class". I ship things often, but never look at my receipts.
Hi,
That is priority mail...first class limited is 13oz if I recall..
(I'm guessing you meant 5oz vice 50 oz..)
tks,
DG
blackcauldron85

disneyguy wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:For those interested, it cost me $5.15 to ship 3 slipcovers, in a box (so they wouldn't get bent). The weight (on my receipt) was 1 lb. .50oz, so my guess was close. I sent it from 32807 to 22406. I sent it "first class mail", but my receipt says "priority mail", but it wasn't in a Priority box or anything, so I'm guessing that that's what they call "first class". I ship things often, but never look at my receipts.
Hi,
That is priority mail...first class limited is 13oz if I recall..
(I'm guessing you meant 5oz vice 50 oz..)
tks,
DG
It was 1 lb. .5oz (point 5). I hadn't seen this lady at the post office before, and I should have asked her if it could be sent first class. I've sent DVDs first class before, and this couldn't have weighed more than a DVD, but the box was bigger than I would have shipped a DVD in...I didn't have a smaller box that the covers wouldn't have gotten squished in, so I had to use a bigger box, and I wrapped them good and put cushioning in.
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

Hi
I will take the slipcover for TWICE upon the one I ordered from DMC although the guy said it DID COME WITH IT !! didn't

shipping for a slipcover that i have shipped before cost like less than $1.00 you can put it in a manilla envelope just put in a piece of cardboard to prevent the bending... and that's it... fold the slipcover done flat ...

well let me know...
brotherbear
Special Edition

Post by brotherbear »

Ok, blackcauldron85, in case you haven't read my post on General Discussion, I recently purchased a copy of Alice with the slipcover (used) at Gamestop. (!) So, (as you can most likely guess), I don't need your slipcover anymore. But again, THANK YOU SOO MUCH for your offer! :) And good luck!

-BB

blackcauldron85

DisneyDVDFan- it definitely shouldn't cost much- I shipped 3 slipcovers in a box, and that cost $5.15, but yesterday I shipped 2 out to Canada in an envelope, and it cost $1.49. my email address is [email protected], so if you email me I can get your address and PayPal info, etc!

BrotherBear, yes, I did read that! I'm so glad you found one with a slipcover!
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

blackcauldron85 wrote:DisneyDVDFan- it definitely shouldn't cost much- I shipped 3 slipcovers in a box, and that cost $5.15, but yesterday I shipped 2 out to Canada in an envelope, and it cost $1.49. my email address is [email protected], so if you email me I can get your address and PayPal info, etc!

BrotherBear, yes, I did read that! I'm so glad you found one with a slipcover!
done thanks again ;)
disneyguy
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Question about Slipcovers

Post by disneyguy »

[quote="blackcauldron85"]I have many slipcovers on different movies, and I was wondering if (not necessarily here or now) people would buy them? I don't care if my movies have them or not...I I never thought of it until I was putting my movies on my bookcase (I recently moved)...the slipcovers I have are: edit: the slip covers in bold have already been claimed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Received the slip covers yesterday...Good Job..Exactly as described..
Left you feedback on the FB Forum..
tks again,
DG
blackcauldron85

Yay! I'm glad you got them, disneyguy!
You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback (I didn't even know UD had feedback...)!!!
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Yay! I'm glad you got them, disneyguy!
You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback (I didn't even know UD had feedback...)!!!
Hiya did you ship mines out yet ;)

Thanks
Disneydvdfan ;)