The Buying, Selling, and Trading Slipcover Thread

Post your lists to trade or sell products to other forum members.
Josh
Gold Classic Collection

WANTED: Disney DVD Slipcovers

Post by Josh »

If anyone has spare slipcases, or unwanted slipcases of the following dvd's I am willing to trade some of them for a brand new/sealed Region 4 (Australian) copy of Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty or The Lion King.

I am also willing to pay for the Slipcovers, if you PM me.

Here are the slipcovers I would like:
Aladdin- I would like the slipcover to this one the most
Cinderella
Bambi
The Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Sleeping Beauty

This is simply because Australia doesn't sell their Disney DVD's with Slipcovers.
Please PM me if you are interested! Thankyou :D
sambadude
Gold Classic Collection

Post by sambadude »

I don't mean to be harsh but those slipcases are worth a lot of money so I dunno if anyone will just trade them with you.

You can buy all of them from eBay with the nice American DVDs inside. That's what I've had to do. Yes they are pricey but that's probably the only way you will get them.

I strongly recommend getting them from the seller below on eBay. That's who I got all mine through. They arrive in perfect mint condition.

http://stores.ebay.com/Leons-Vault-Of-Disney-Classics
disneyguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneyguy »

sambadude wrote:I don't mean to be harsh but those slipcases are worth a lot of money so I dunno if anyone will just trade them with you.

You can buy all of them from eBay with the nice American DVDs inside. That's what I've had to do. Yes they are pricey but that's probably the only way you will get them.

I strongly recommend getting them from the seller below on eBay. That's who I got all mine through. They arrive in perfect mint condition.

http://stores.ebay.com/Leons-Vault-Of-Disney-Classics
Just to add to this..

I also sell Disney DVDs and these are way over priced..You could do a lot better..
sambadude
Gold Classic Collection

Post by sambadude »

Meh money is not really an issue. My biggest issue is getting things that are in perfect mint condition. This seller shipped each DVD individually wrapped in a plastic case and then wrapped in bubble wrap so this would happen. I've bought from other people before and never had this kind of packaging, which mean the DVD arrived looking like crap.
nmt514

Post by nmt514 »

LEON'S GREAT!!! I am picky also, thats why I buy from him too. I haven't met a seller either that packages DVDs the ways he does.
sambadude
Gold Classic Collection

Post by sambadude »

Thank you! I'm glad someone else agrees with me. Leon completely blew me away with how carefully he handles and packages them. I was so impressed that I've been recommending him wherever I can!
Josh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Josh »

:( I was just about to buy BATB off him aswell as the Aladdin gift set, when I noticed he doesnt ship internationally!
Oh well :cry: I'll just wait til' 2009 :lol:
nmt514

Post by nmt514 »

If you email him and ask he will ship internationally.
sambadude
Gold Classic Collection

Post by sambadude »

You're a goose. Just look to the left of my advice and you'll see I live in the same city as you! He will ship internationally if you email him.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Slipcovers for Sale

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Edit 11/9/07:

Here's a list of the slipcovers I have left, if anyone's interested:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Vista Series) (would only give to someone for decent money)

The Fox and the Hound (25th Anniversary)

The Fox and the Hound 2

Cinderella III: A Twist in Time

Peter Pan (Platinum Edition)

The Jungle Book (Platinum Edition)

Meet the Robinsons

Ratatouille

Also, I have some Treasures tins if anyone would need them:

Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studios

Walt Disney's On the Front Lines

Mickey Mouse in Black & White, Vol. 1

Mickey Mouse in Black & White, Vol. 2

Disney Rarities
Last edited by blackcauldron85 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:02 am, edited 18 times in total.
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

I'd like to buy an Aladdin slip cover but it depends how much you'll charge for it.
geicos27

Post by geicos27 »

I don't know how much they would go for. People can call Disney and get the slipcovers for free (replacements only :roll: ). Then again some people really love slipcovers, and might pay a good amount for one.
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas
that one would interest me I recently ordered it from the DMC and if I get it without the slipcover i would love to have the one you have but it is according to price :) I will let you know once I collect my DMC order !

thanks
blackcauldron85

I don't know how much they're worth- If I charged $5 per slipcover, is that too much? Too little? I guess it would depend how much people would pay... :?
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

That's a bit too steep for me, especially considering I'll have to pay a lot for shipping because I live in Australia.
DisneyDVDFAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyDVDFAN »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I don't know how much they're worth- If I charged $5 per slipcover, is that too much? Too little? I guess it would depend how much people would pay... :?
yeah that would be too steep especially for the in print ones the OOPs I guess you can charge more since the slipcover somehow increases the value of the DVD ... but like everyone knows one can call Buena Vista for covers for free ;)

well i will let you know for the Mickey Twice ...
blackcauldron85

Yeah- it was just an idea- but, since people can get them for free, absolutely that's what they should do! I was just wondering what people's thoughts were! If people, for some reason, can't get one free, let me know, but I'll keep my slipcovers until then! Thanks! :)
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

Ah, but you see, I don't think I can actually get them for free. The Australian DVDs don't come with slipcovers so even if I somehow managed to call up Disney I wouldn't be able to get a "replacement" because technically there's nothing to replace!
blackcauldron85

RachelSmachel wrote:Ah, but you see, I don't think I can actually get them for free. The Australian DVDs don't come with slipcovers so even if I somehow managed to call up Disney I wouldn't be able to get a "replacement" because technically there's nothing to replace!
That stinks! If you wanted one (or some), I would be willing to give you some...or I wonder if it'd be easier (and cheaper) for you (or anyone) to buy a copy of the movie online (from Amazon or eBay)...make sure it has a slipcover, but it wouldn't matter what condition the movie would be in (as long as it's pretty cheap). I don't even know how cheap you could get even a scratched disc with a slipcover for, though.
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

All I really want is the Aladdin cover (I don't have too many Disney DVDs you see). It be a bit of a waste buying a DVD just for the slip cover, plus there's the region issue too. I'd be willing to pay the shipping if you would be so kind as to send me it though. No pressure though!