The Buying, Selling, and Trading Slipcover Thread

Post your lists to trade or sell products to other forum members.
Ric-Mx
Gold Classic Collection

The Buying, Selling, and Trading Slipcover Thread

Post by Ric-Mx »

HI :D

I've never uused this part of the forum... anyway

I'm looking for someone who has multiple copies of B&B R1 Platinum Edition

I want to know if anyone can sell me the slipcover that came with the first
batch... I just want that... NOT the discs neither the case... just the cardboard/slipcover

I'm willing to pay around $10 or $12 USD including international shipping.... I think it won't be expensive... but I want it to be shipped in excelent condition because it's likely to get damaged...

can anyone sell me one of those?

thanks
Last edited by Ric-Mx on Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:D It's a Wonderful Life!
panhead4life
Limited Issue

Post by panhead4life »

I have one i'll sell for $50 :)

It would screw up my collection hah :)
Ric-Mx
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ric-Mx »

I'm not that crazy for an slipcover, :!:

In that case I would get a whole set (slipcover, case and discs) for around $40. :P

That's why I want someone with multiple copies for it... because they can sell me the slipcover anf then still sell the disc set. :D
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

At a used DVD store I go to, I saw a used copy of BATB with slipcover for only $20. The slipcover looked pretty good (no dents, scratches, etc). Maybe if you searched around at those kind of stores, someone might have returned their BATB with the slipcover.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Ric-Mx
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ric-Mx »

mmm... there's a tini tiny little detail...

I live in Mexico!!!

The B&B dvd here came with a horrible double case withoput any slipcover.

I have the USA edition, with spanish track and a slim case, but no slipcover....

that's why I'm asking friends from this forum to help me get the slipcover.

thanks
disneyguy
Gold Classic Collection

SlipCover

Post by disneyguy »

If still looking contact me at:
[email protected]
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

panhead4life wrote:I have one i'll sell for $50 :)

It would screw up my collection hah :)

:lol: That's what I was thinking when I read ric's post. That was funny! I have 2 copies but I can't part from my slipcovers.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

B&B Cover

Post by Disney Guru »

I highly suggest that you try E-Bay, you can find almost anything on E-Bay and Half.com, or Amazon.com
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
PhilMo

If you're still looking ... good possibility of FREE

Post by PhilMo »

Try contacting the Disney/Buena Vista Home Entertainment customer support at 800 723-4763. They are VERY GOOD at taking care of Disney DVD customers. I have received a couple chapter index inserts, artwork & cardboard cases that were damaged.
Luke
Site Admin

Re: If you're still looking ... good possibility of FREE

Post by Luke »

PhilMo wrote:Try contacting the Disney/Buena Vista Home Entertainment customer support at 800 723-4763. They are VERY GOOD at taking care of Disney DVD customers. I have received a couple chapter index inserts, artwork & cardboard cases that were damaged.
Pretty sure that in general, their support of Region 1 DVDs will only cover the US and Canada. Ric-Mx is from...México. Not sure they could help him.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

Hola Ric-Mx!

Te voy a decir una manera de conseguir lo que quieres gratis.

Go to any Blockbuster. All of them still have the first Platinum editions for rent. And all of them are rented in the same packaging. All you need to do is ask them to give you the slipcover (for free of course). I'm sure they won't mind to give it away.

Buena suerte!

"You're only second rate!"
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

So now we know why no blockbusters has slipcases anymore . an evil genie has been going one by one and meekly asking for them. pure eebillll Jafar. worthy of your avatar ;)

But seriously, if Ric-Mx is from México, do the Blockbusters there carry the R1 versions with slipcovers?

mebbe you could trade one of yer 209867 copies you've acummulated on your blocbusterian peregrination, Jaffy ;)
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

deathie mouse wrote:So now we know why no blockbusters has slipcases anymore . an evil genie has been going one by one and meekly asking for them. pure eebd be eebillll Jafar. worthy of your avatar ;)

But seriously, if Ric-Mx is from México, do the Blockbusters there carry the R1 versions with slipcovers?

mebbe you could trade one of yer 209867 copies you've acummulated on your blocbusterian peregrination, Jaffy ;)
I don't think so. I've got all mine with their original so I didn't need to ask for them. :lol:

Well, I think they should be the same. I don't know if you got to see them but before Aladdin, Disney released their Platinum's in a Spanish only version also. Well this version was the same as the regular one.

PS

Today I did ask one for the Aladdin DVD ads they have; the stand of Jafar. :twisted:

"You're only second rate!"
Ric-Mx
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ric-Mx »

Thanks

You see..

When B&B premiered on DVD (Region 1) on octuber 2002, I decided to order it via amazon.com, I had two choices, order the Region 1 (without an Spanish track) or order the one with Spanish track that was also sold in the USA. I did this because the release here in Mexico got pushed until February 2003.

My copy is the one tith Spanish track in a black slim case that holds the 2 discs. but no slipcover was made for this version (still it will fit ion the original slipcover)

The release here got a thick white case (like R1 Snow White or early collectors edition). No slipcover either.

Here on Blockbuster the only copies I can find are the ones with the thick case, which is useless.

Anyway, I'll be getting the slipcover from DISNEYGUY, I'm sure it'll be easy to ship in a safe way wo it'll get in a good condition to Mx.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

If you havent already found one. I have 2 copies of it and one of my copies is in the beauty and the beast box set. I'll be willing to trade or sell it you my friend.
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

Post by That1GuyPictures »

I have a slipcover for the R1 release of B&TB if you are still looking for it...
I'd let you purchase it for $9 and ship it to you for $3.
So if you'd like it for $12 I'd be more than happy to ship it to you!
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

SLIPCOVERS NO LONGER FOR SALE

Post by That1GuyPictures »

THE DVD slipcovers have all been sold.
Andy
Special Edition

Looking for Finding Nemo slipcover

Post by Andy »

Im looking for a Nemo slipcover, R2 if possible.
Maybe someone can help me out? :)
hiiiii
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

I am going to pay for it, im not looking for a freebie! :lol:
hiiiii
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Fantasia Anthology Slip-Cover Anyone?

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I might be able to get the Fantasia Anthology used, but the three discs are separate (i.e. no slip-cover to house them). Does anyone have the slip-cover but not really want it, or somehow have an extra? I'd be willing to pay for a reasonable price for one. Thanks.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod