Animated Classics SURVIVOR - Round 3

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Animated Classics SURVIVOR - Round 3

Post by AwallaceUNC »

It's been 1 week and last time we voted off 4 movies...
Round 1 - The Aristocats, Oliver & Company, The Three Cabelleros, The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad
Round 2 - Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Saludos Amigos, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Treasure Planet

Recap:

It works just like the Survivor TV show. Basically, come on here once every 3 days (we're shortening from 5 days to 3 based on the last 2 rounds) and vote for the Disney Animated Classic (see the list http://www.ultimatedisney.com/ultimateclassics.htm) that you want to vote off, i.e., the one that you like the least! At the end of the week, I'll come on here and announce who got voted off, and a new thread will start for the 3rd round. This gets to be a lot of fun, especially when it gets down to the wire.

The four movies that receive the most votes will be kicked off each week, UNTIL we are down to the final 10! Then it will be two each week until we're at the top 5... then it's one a week!

So, Survivors ready?? Come on in and vote off ONLY ONE of these remaining movies:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pinocchio
Fantasia
Dumbo
Bambi
Make Mine Music
Fun and Fancy Free
Melody Time
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp
Sleeping Beauty
101 Dalmations
The Sword in the Stone
The Jungle Book
Robin Hood
Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
The Rescuers
The Fox and The Hound
The Black Cauldron
The Great Mouse Detective
The Little Mermaid
The Rescuers Down Under
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King
Pocahontas
Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan
Fantasia 2000
The Emperor's New Groove
Lilo & Stitch
Brother Bear

Reminder: Please post your vote alone in bold, as this makes it easier for me.

Voting ends at midnight (EASTERN TIME) on Friday, April 2nd.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Make Mine Music... not bad, but a few silly symphonies can't match up against the feature films.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Hunchback got voted off? Don't you think there are worse animated films in a collection of 40 movies? And I think its pretty absurd that the best of the 'package features' (Ichaboad & Mr. Toad) got voted off before any of the others. Each to his own, I guess.

The Rescuers
Last edited by Jack on Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I agree with you, Jack... the votes were very divided last week. Out of 25 votes, Hunchback only received 3 (TP got 3, Saludos - 5, and Atlantis - 6)... those were the top 4. I was a little shocked, but that's the nature of the game! I don't think any of these but Saludos (and esp. Hunchback) should have gone yet... but like you said, to each his own.

-Aaron
Last edited by AwallaceUNC on Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Tangela
In The Vaults

Post by Tangela »

Hmmm, it's kind of tough to decide, so I guess I'll vote for Hercules. Also, I don't think it is right to vote a movie away just because it is the favorite of someone you don't like, that's even worse ;) .
Tell Chris Johnson that he's Walt Disney and he'll believe it...
-Tangela
I shall be happy if it kills me! Gee Maneese Ow!
-Disneyguru
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Voting Off

Post by Disney Guru »

This is tough deffinately HERCULES!
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
iamthejo
Limited Issue

Post by iamthejo »

Black Cauldron

Too bad too, because I love the book.
"But, oh, to be free. To be my own master. Such a thing would be greater then all the magic ,and all the treasures, in all the world."
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Make Mine Music. I'm *still* in shock that Hunchback got the boot so early...
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Less than 12 hours to left to vote! This time we shortened it to 3 days and the votes were done in 2 (so far) :lol: . 3 days is definitely better than 5, though. Anyways, voting ends at midnigt tonight. Please note that votes "post-marked" at 12:01am and afterwards will not be counted. 2 were discarded last time b/c of this, but fortunately, they didn't make or break the vote. Get in here and vote! :)

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Ok, round two is up, and the tribe has spoken... Make Mine Music, The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, and Hercules, you are the third set of four movies (twelve in all) to be voted off! We didn't have quite as many votes this time, so come back in and vote in Round 4, which I'll post as a new thread very soon!

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod