Make Your Own Disney Animated Feature(s)

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Make Your Own Disney Animated Feature(s)

Post by TheValentineBros »

I know I did this game in the past, but it was outdated, and my idea didn't make any sense, so I got a new one. And plus, I know there are many topics related to this, but I just like to beat the dead horse. So, here we go...

Dracula

Based on the Bram Stoker novel of the same name, it will be a dark musical animated feature from Disney like Hunchback, except it will screen a PG rating. This will be about Dracula's origin and how he got into Transylvania and how the people who went to Transylvania go to his castle.

Carnival Rats

In this musical, it will take place in America with the rats inspired by the rat pack and they have a British orphan girl named Scarlet. In this film, they are poor, have no money, so they go sneak to a carnival, and take over the carnival.

The Three Musketeers

Here's the one I've been saving. This one will be about Athos, Aramis, and Porthos in the story of how the musketeers beat the odds against Louis of France. This will be a musical, like the direct-to-video version of that film starring Mickey and the gang, but will be longer than that, and will have humans.

Cat Fly

The story of the Red Baron as a cat. That's all.

Rhino's Dance

A Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde story in the modern day zoo.

Labyrinth of Wyo Zorn

A princess in Japan named Wyo who has been painting the labyrinth and then, a sister named, Pearl Chou, wants to abandon the Wyo. This turns a mindfuck for the labyrinth.

These are all my features, what are yours?
Last edited by TheValentineBros on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

I added more make-your-own Disney films, as I edited the topic.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Edited the topic for more.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

The stupid fanboy inside me wants WDAS to make a movie adaptation of Final Fantasy VII. No, I don't want Square-Enix to do it (they haven't proven themselves as good film-makers yet), I want Disney to do it ... and not mess it up.

Yes, that's my fan dream.

And it's never going to happen. :cry:
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Made some more...

Dr. Moreau's Island

Based on the H.G. Welles novel, it will be about Edward Prendick, one of the passengers of the shipwrecked ship and scientist from England, who has been rescued to Dr. Monreau's island, an island of lost souls, and has experimented animals.

The Smash Squad

See here!

South Panthers

A tale that takes place in South America with the panthers, where he was adopted by a bunch of zookeepers, so he needs to get back home.

Dudes and Gals

Guys and Dolls in modern-day Las Vegas, Nevada.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

It doubtlessly would be ruined by Disney in reality, but part of this is presumably just wishful thinking, hmm? I'd love to see this comic's universe explored in animation (hand-drawn of course, the character designs wouldn't fit CGI as well).
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

The Moorchild: I would love, love, love to see Eloise McGraw's book as an animated feature, but not really a Disney one. Disney would ruin it. But if they didn't, it would be glorious. It's about a changeling in a village presumably in the British isles. And that's as good a synopsis as I can give it.

East of the Sun and West of the Moon: I honestly hope they never do make this because of what they do to fairytales lately. But it would be so beautiful to see and would be refreshing to have a heroine whose storyline doesn't have to be tweaked to make her spunky or independent. I think it's highly unlikely that this will be made anytime soon, what with Frozen coming out. It could be a musical, but a more serious one, like Pocahontas or Beauty and the Beast.

I'd like to see an animated Western about a coyote. That'd be pretty awesome.

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making would make one amazing animated film. Of course, the title might have to be shortened to "The Girl Who" something or other or "September" or "September in Fairyland." It's an Oz/Wonderland-esque tale that would work well with Disney.

I'd like to see an Aztec story. It would be about a guy, but with a princess in there somewhere so that we can make Disney more racially complete. She could be Aztec or another of los indígenas. Or it could be the other way around, with the guy a prince and the girl a commoner. They wouldn't necessarily have to end up together either, just work together for something. And of course, this would be a musical in the grand tradition, with a Central/South American flavour. I would love to see that. It's really about time for this one.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Reaper: Good vs. Evil

In this movie, it's about Steven, a 93-year-old person, experiencing death, so he goes to the Grim Reaper, and he tries to cheat with the devil in order to go to heaven in order to be good.

Road to Italy

Disney's answer to the Bing Crosby/Bob Hope Road to... movies, only in Italy and discovers a whole new level of exploring.

King Salomon's Mines

Disney's version of the book since it's Indiana Jones-y.
Mach Full Force
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Make Your Own Disney Animated Feature(s)

Post by Mach Full Force »

Gray Swan

The story of Swan Lake, told through the eyes of Prince Siegfried's chubby castle maid Odelyn (voiced by Christine Marie Cabanos), who dreams of being a heroine and rescuing damsels in distress like in the books she reads. During an awkward run-in with the sorcerer Rothbart, Odelyn is cursed into becoming a swan by night, and in her swan form, she meets and falls for the gorgeous, but innocent, Princess Odette (voiced by Lea Michele), who is afflicted by the same curse. However, when Odelyn finds out about Odette's one-sided feelings for Siegfried (voiced by Jason Biggs), she, despite the initial heartbreak, decides to help them get together with the help of a trio of orphan goslings, while dodging Rothbart and his daughter Odile. When Odette is taken away by Rothbart and Odile bewitches Siegfried into loving her, it's up to Odelyn to be the heroine she always dreamed of being.

Songs include Odelyn's 'I want' number "Run-of-the-Mill Hero", 'follow your heart' number "Shoot for the Moon" (sung by Odelyn to try and give Siegfried a boost of confidence about his upcoming coronation), one-sided love duet "Heart Aflutter", Rothbart's villain backstory song "What She Deserves", and Odile's seduction song "Venomous". Like in the Disney version of Sleeping Beauty, most of the score and songs are arrangements or adaptations of the music from the original Tchaikovsky ballet.
"Maybe you live in a golden cage, but a golden cage is still a cage."
~Juan Carlos Bodoque, 31 Minutos: La Película
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re: Make Your Own Disney Animated Feature(s)

Post by thedisneyspirit »

How about a story where a boy/girl invents a world by drawing in a piece of paper, and the more she draws the more complex her invented world turns up, until someday she loses her papers or they're destroyed and her world collides with the real world. However at first while it seems fantastic, it turns into a nightmare as her inventions invade the rest of the world and kill people and destroy wildlife.
Then at the end it seems like the magical world is destroyed thanks to Random Final Battle Insert Here in the climax, but it has an open ending. We see a trace of one of the paper palaces from her drawings, apparently untouched. Cue more destruction coming in the way.

I'd like something kinda modern and original like that, it would sorta carry the message of sometimes it's bad when your wishes come true.
I struggle with the gender of the main lead because it has a lot of Alice in Wonderland/Pinocchio parallels. And yeah a lot of Epic Mickey in there.

The "paper world" once turned to life would have a sepia colorization and its overall design would be influenced by steampunk. The modern world could be based on our current times/any modern city, or based around the last century (the 80s seem like the perfect time) or even the future (something ala Tron could be great, to contrast with the paper world's antique look).

Hmm a horror film based on the classics would be so nice, too...With slasher film-esque elements thrown into it it would be awesome.