Worst 10 disney characters

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Holy crap how did I forget about Timon and Pumbaa? The cast of Robin Hood just got bumped outta my Top (Bottom?) 10.
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

10. Sally (Cars)- I just really despised her. Especially in slow-mo...
9. Gus (Cinderella)- I don't think he's that cute, and the mice-Lucifer scenes really dragged the plot down IMO. Kind of slow-witted, trying to get all of that cheese...
8. Tinker Bell (1953 Peter Pan)- I wanted to punch this pixie for all of her selfishness and vanity. She got a teensy bit better at the end, but not enough.
7. Wendy (1953 Peter Pan)- She is just TOO prim and proper for me. Excellent voice acting however.
6. Alice (Alice in Wonderland)- See Wendy.
5. Uncle Albert? (Mary Poppins)- I liked him as the Mad Hatter better... I particularly hate that certain I Love to Laugh sequence.
4. Jessie (TS2)- Don't rage at me! I just couldn't stand her talking voice and her attitude to Woody, but her singing voice is great.
3. The princesses (Mulan 2)- Ugh. I wanna be like other girls=why.
2. Marina Del Ray (TLM3)- Rip-off wannabe of Ursuala. Even Morgana was better.
1. Uncle Waldo and the Geese (Aristocats)- Sounds drunk and made me want to run out of the room and dunk my head in a tub of cold water. Was not required in the film.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

My new number one: the entire cast of Home on the Range. I really wanted to send them all to the slaughterhouse --and I'm a vegetarian! Annoying as hell.
Last edited by Goliath on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

But I love the Disney characters! Hmmm... Maybe I have some that I find annoying.... OK, well, I don't know if I can find 10, but here goes, in no particular order:

Scud: The ugliest creature I have ever seen in my entire life. Terrible, terrible model. Yes, I know, it was the olden-days, but still. By today's standards, he's virtually unwatchable.

Prince Charming: Worst. Prince. Ever. He desperately wants to be with this girl, but he can't even be bothered to go try the shoe on her himself? And so freaking picky! I just don't like him, and think Cindy could have done much, much better for herself, the poor dear.

Aurora: I don't hate her. She just really, really gets on my nerves sometimes. I mean, she has very little personality, and really has trouble seeing the "big picture." I mean, her entire life is a lie. And she really could care less. All she wants is to marry this random boy she met in the woods, and doesn't even know the name of. That's just plain weird. Definitely the weakest of all of the Disney Princesses.

Katrina von Tassel: OMG, what a horrible bitch! That's all I can really say about her. Poor, poor Ichabod. He wasn't a great person either, really, but still, I felt bad for him, a bit. And Brom, too. Actually, he was an ass, but think about it: He's stuck with Katrina for life. Sure, she's pretty now, and sure she's loaded. But she's still going to be a horrible wife, I guarantee it.

The Sherrif of Nottingham: OK, so, aside from being a horrible, horrible person, and not looking like a wolf in the least..... Pat Buttram does NOT belong in olde-timey England. Plain and simple. His voice was absolutely perfect in "The Fox and the Hound." It was even OK in "The Aristocats." But "Robin Hood?" No. Certainly not.

Dinky/Boomer: These guys add absolutely nothing to the story. Nothing at all. They are the reason why I can't watch "The Fox in the Hound" when I'm tired. I really enjoy that movie. But when those birds start chasing that caterpillar, my eyes get a little heavy for a few minutes....

Those are all I can think of at the moment, but there may be some more later. I don't know.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
houseofvillains

Post by houseofvillains »

I disagree with the Sultan, Kaa, and the Walrus. I also disagree about Smee. I do not know what my picks would be, but I suggest characters from the newer Disney animated features. I do not know which ones specifically though.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

This thread is hilarious, especially the Lazaro,Divinity, Goliath arguing. lol

Here are characters I have odds with:

Hugo(HoND)- he's too obnoxious for this film. Look like Genie's and Pumbaa's lovechild that looked into Medusa. Victor not too bad, it's just Hugo.

The Mice(Cinderella)- Too damn many of them. Hog too much screen time too.

The 3 fairies- Oh God, what can I say on these three. These little "angels" are the bane of Sleeping Beauty's problems. Malificant was a fool in trying to curse Aurora. Who she should of cursed was those 3 faggy hags. These hags have the notorious powers to shape-shift in to hogs and occupy the screen time. I felt sorry for Aurora not because she got put to sleep for 3 hrs(i slept for 12 hrs before), but having to live with those 3 for 16 years. 16!! That's some strong guts there Aurora. I'm amaze you didn't kill yourself. Screw Mulan, Aurora is the strongest Disney Princess. Urgh I just can't stand those goddamn fairies. URGH. Their whole emphasize on "power of love" and "Good" is so shoved down in your throat that God is probably face palming. Stupid hags.

Prince Charming- I don't hate him, just too..... cardboard. Although I do like Cinderella 3's portrayal of him.

Dinky/Boomer-waste of time. I wanted to take Dinky and shove him up Boomer's ass to have him shut up.

The geese and waldo and Eager- all of these characters all lame. The geese should of been in china where they serve a purpose: food, and Eager should get a life or kill himself.

Mushu- Character himself is ok, but his voice is too Eddie Murphy that when you watch the film you can't help but think eddie murphy on the screen instead of Mushu. It's like Eddie Murphy's ghost is lingering over Mushu as he puppet him.

Henwen- Pig's squeals are goddamn annoying(i'm hearing impaired so imagine.) Too bad the horn King didn't take a butcher knife and hack the squealing pig up. At least piglet doesn't squeal.

Morgana- Urgh. Ugly hag. Too bad Namor didn't come and beat the living shit out of her to a bloody pulp. He'd teach that bitch who's the lord of the mutha-fucking sea.

Lufu and Gaston's fanboys- They think they are the shit since they stand around sucking Gaston's cock(metaphorically). It's like in school that popular jock and all those boys that stand behind him that are "in", and try to bully others to make their pathetic self feel better. Gaston's "men" should of been those 3 bimbette. Not only are those 3 are sexier and much cooler, but they also would help reenforce what an awesome pimp Gaston is.

101 Dalmations- I hate dogs. I was actually rooting for Cruella.

Lady and the Tramp- (See above except replace Cruella with those italian singers)
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
houseofvillains

Post by houseofvillains »

I thought of ten:

1. Governor Ratcliffe (perhaps, it is my disinterest for "Pocahontas", but I was very disappointed in Governor Ratcliffe. He had potential, but he was not that well developed. He is well polished, but he is too unpleasant in his appearance. They should have made him as he was in real life, however that was.)

2. Kuzco (I never cared for "the Emperor's New Groove", or any of the characters, but I mostly dislike Kuzco. He has too much of an ego to be likable. He is not even funny. I did like Yzma, though.)

3. The King of Hearts (I know the Queen of Hearts is married, though she would probably be better off with someone like Captain Hook, but I was not pleased with the King of Hearts as a character. He was too much of a dork to be likable.)

4. Simba (I never cared for any of the characters from "the Lion King" to tell you the truth, besides Zazu, Timon, or Pumbaa, but I mostly dislike Simba. Perhaps it was his big ego as a kid, but he did become nicer when he was an adult.)

5. Mr. Snoops (Too dimwitted to even be a sidekick, I think Madame Mim would have been better either with no henchmen or a much smarter one.)

6. Edgar the Butler (Edgar was not that well developed. He had potential, but he too could have been terrific as a villain, hm, too bad he was not. I did dislike "the Aristocats" in general, though, too much of a cat version of "101 Dalmatians" (which I also dislike strongly), but I think Edgar could have had more oomph as a villain.)

7. Morgana (I mostly dislike Disney sequels ("the Rescuers Down Under" as an obvious exception), thus I do not like new sequel characters, but Morgana was not that well developed at all. I acknowledge she was not supposed to be entirely like Ursula, but she could have been better, and should have been, too.)

8. "Home on the Range" / "Oliver & Company" / "Brother Bear" (the characters overall just do not seem that interesting to me, they do not have the charisma that most Disney animated characters possess.)

9. Tinker Bell (I know it came out way earlier before "Hook" was released, but Tinker Bell should have been as Julia Roberts presented her in "Hook", unselfish but devoted to Peter Pan. Tinker Bell just seemed too much like a stuck up spoiled brat for me. I know she had a very important role in the film, but still, that is no excuse for her bad acting.)

10. Flounder and Scuttle (Sorry, I never liked them. They are honestly not that funny, and truthfully, they do not serve that much of a purpose, other than just being companions for Ariel. I do like Sebastian a lot, though.)

Yeah, I like this list.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

1. The Gargoyles The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Their comedy is okay, but they seem to interrupt the film so much. I mean, right after Phoebus is shot, they have that horribly unnecessary song, 'A Guy Like You'. I know they are necessary, because Quasi needs someone to talk to, but couldn't he just have a pet? :p

2. The Vultures The Jungle Book
Very, very unecessary. Shere Khan could have easily found Mowglie wandering alone.

3. The Whole Cast of Home On The Range Home on the Range
I can not watch this movie. The villain shouldn't even be classified as a villain.

4. Timon And Pumbaa The Lion King
I like their characters, just not their humor. It takes away from an otherwise spectacular film.

5. The Whole Cast of Brother Bear Brother Bear
Enough said.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

5. Everybody in Chicken Little
4. Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, yeah, I don't hate her, I just hate her voice.)
3. The Gargoyles (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
2. Mater (Cars, I'm sorry, but he's annoying.)
1. Every Disney tween star from 2006-present
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

The cast of Home on the Range has to give its no. 1 spot in the 'Worst Disney character'-competition to Louis from Princess and the Frog.

Other annoying characters:

Jake from Rescuers Down Under (villain sucked, too)
Victor, Hugo and Laverne from Hunchback of Notre Dame
Timon & Pumbaa from Lion King
LeFou from Beauty and the Beast
Dinkey and Boomer from Fox and the Hound
Abigail, Amelia and Uncle Waldo from The Aristocats
Mach Full Force
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Worst 10 disney characters

Post by Mach Full Force »

I'm not sure of the top 10, but if I had to make a list, there would be no doubt Timon&Pumbaa and Flynn/Eugene would be in it.
"Maybe you live in a golden cage, but a golden cage is still a cage."
~Juan Carlos Bodoque, 31 Minutos: La Película
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Hum but I like most Disney characters... :lol:

10. All of Home on the Rage/Chicken Little/Dinosaur characters- Waste of space. Annoying. Bland

9. The two birds from the Fox and the Hound- Their scenes just drag and drag on and don't bring nothing of worth to the story.

8. Taran. I just hate how he brags and brags and thinks himself being the big shit when he hasn't accomplished anything.

7. Edgar. Just stupid.

6. The chicken in Moana. Sidekicks just feel so forced at times.

5. The sidekicks in Tarzan. Waste of space.

4. Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. They've really aged badly.

3. John Smith. Patronizing and imperialistic, plus Mel Gibson is incredibly unromantic.

2. Georgette.

1. Brother Bear characters.
Last edited by thedisneyspirit on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I probably haven't got ten but there are characters I hate.

Ray from Princess and the Frog. I really want to love this film but I can't because of this stupid firefly. I know he isn't the only problem with PatF but he really annoys me. Ugly design and deluded. I remain pleased he died at the end.

The Stabbington brothers from Tangled. They add nothing to the story apart from being a poor distraction and the only time they look at being a (mild) threat they are dispatched within seconds.

Simba - probably the reason I just can't seem to care for this film.

Gus from Cinderella - argh! He makes me want to kill. Not cute, just stupid and greedy. Takes up too much time which I have to fast forward. I don't mind Jaq so much but this film could benefit from less mice.

I did watch TLM2 recently out of sick curiosity and all the new characters were unbearable and/or bad copies of better characters.

I forgot about Cars. Just bland. Me and boyfriend put this on and got called away for five minutes before we could finish it. Neither one of us had any desire to put it back on.

On the opposite side, I actually like Snow White's voice. There is charm and sweetness to it and I couldn't imagine any different.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

I think all characters are great, except tween sitcom characters.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Everybody from Cars and Brother Bear and also agree with Timon and Pumbaa, goodness knows how T & P got so popular.

Young Simba too.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Boys in USA in the 90s liked gross stuff. Timon and Pumbaa were loud and gross. I imagined the kiddies had a blast with them, that's why they were so popular.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

Taran- He is so annoying. As mentioned he thinks he is a bad ass but just sucks at life. And his voice is pretty annoying to.

Gurgi- Do I even need to say anything?

Peter Pan and Tinker Bell- They are both just so unlikable. Tink is a stuck up brat and attempts to kill Wendy and never has to apologize for it. Pan is an obnoxious cocky prick.

Flynn- He is just too douchey for me to find likable and sympathetic.

Mushu- It felt like they were trying to redo the Genie and it just didn't work because he is not funny. And he endangers Mualn's life because of his own selfish reasons.

John Smith- So dull.

Casts of Dinosaur/Home on the Range/Chickenn Little/Brother Bear- Why do they exist?

Kuzco- Probably because of David Spade's voice. Why couldn't the movie just be about Yzma?

Timon and Pumbaa- They aren't that funny and are seriously overrated.

Prince Charming- He is a rude bastard at his ball yawning as the girls are coming up to him. Then his shallow ass only falls for Cindy because she is all dressed up and hot. At least Phillip and Snow's Prince fell for them when they were in rags and not looking their best. Then he is too lazy to go out and search for Cindy and makes the Duke go out and search. Is he too stupid to remember what the supposed love of his life looks like? Cindy deserved much better.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Yes, Taran is really obnoxious. Maybe Disney was attempting to do that but I still feel the movie forces us to care too much for him.
Last edited by thedisneyspirit on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

thedisneyspirit wrote:So good to see more people that think Flynn Rider isn't the most awesome hero by any chance.

I dunno but I feel he's kinda of a sleaze? He reminds me of the type of guy that takes a girl's innocence and trust and sleeps with her and afterwards dumps her leaving her broken hearted. Yeah not really Disney-friendly.

Yeah he does seem like a sleazebag who would do that. I actually cheered when Gothel stabbed him when I first saw the film. It's a shame because I do think he has an attractive design :3
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

thedisneyspirit wrote:So good to see more people that think Flynn Rider isn't the most awesome hero by any chance.

I dunno but I feel he's kinda of a sleaze? He reminds me of the type of guy that takes a girl's innocence and trust and sleeps with her and afterwards dumps her leaving her broken hearted. Yeah not really Disney-friendly.
Flynn was meant to be sort of untrustworthy like, so it makes Rapunzel standing up for him and believing in him and not Gothel more powerful during the end; but I don't really like him because I feels like he belongs in a DreamWorks flick and not Disney.

Like " The Smolder " ! Pretty damn sure the Cat in Shrek 2 does that :/

But you're not wrong about him being sleazy and a little dodgy ish

But then there's Hans who was so dreamy, romantic, passionate and classic Prince like and then boom

WHO DO WE TRUST DISNEY ? WHO DO WE TRUST ? xD