Bring forth the babble!

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Well- it's official- I'm the Beast!

They taped a cast sheet on the office window and I saw it just before dismissal.

YAY!

Tonight I'm going to watch the movie with a bag of popcorn and then go to sleep with the (B'way Jr) soundtrack on.

Now the hard stuff comes- practicing and perfecting the role. Of course I'll need my script before I can do that- but once more-

YAY!
:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

Congratulations, UmbrellaFish!! :D
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Yippeeeee!!! Congrats, UF!!! :pink:
Anne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anne »

Congratulations! It's an amazing news!
You'll be perfect! :)
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Thanks everybody! I'm very excited! :D
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

VENTING TIME- READ AT OWN RISK!!

Friends.

Let me start off by saying I don't like getting close to people, I never had. But well, this year, I finally became "close" to a friend I've known for three years. He's the best friend I've ever had.

I don't know why I've never liked the concept of "friends" and "best friends"... It's a label. I don't like labels, I don't like relationships, it's so much easier being a loner. I've never been a tried and true introvert, I have enough extrovert skills to get me pass in life, but I much prefer alone time, time to think.

I think I'm a little creeped out. Teachers sort of see us as best friends, they try to be nice, let us sit together, do projects together, and it's not their fault. Obviously we talk together and whenever he needs to say something to a teacher he makes me go up to them with him and say it. It just goes back to that uncomfortable "label" thing.

Then came a writing project. "Who's your best friend?". That's just incredibly invasive to me, and waaaaaay too personal to write about (erm, not anonymously, of course). So I wrote about an assortment of people, talking about him last, and him the most. He wrote his entire paper about me. I felt incredibly guilty.

For the most part, he's a good friend, and hilariously funny. And I've told him some "secrets" I'd never tell anyone else. He was, in fact, the first non-family member I had ever told this... my Julie fanism.

I expected him to keep it a secret, and it was kind of a running joke, "Oh, you're in love with 80 year old, blah, blah, blah...." and when I told him I wrote about her as my role model, I expected him to keep it a secret.

First off, let me say Julie is 100% my role model. I think she's a magnificent person and so thoroughly professional, but it's not something I want to spread around. In fact, it was a difficult choice to write about her, and everyone thought I'd write about Walt Disney, but to be honest, I don't know enough about the man, or really, to be honest, care enough about the man to consider him a role model. The greatest storyteller who ever lived, but not my role model.

So when he told me he told his parents about that, and his Dad is my history teacher, I was blown away. That was one of my most closely guarded secrets, and he was the first person I had ever told. Yet I couldn't say, "Why did you do that?". I said, "I can't believe you did that!" and once I said jokingily, "I'm still mad you did that!", but I can't tell him I wish he hadn't said that. It's one of my flaws. I can't accept defeat, ignorance, embarrasement... I joke, I find a loop-hole so I can survive... I may agonize about it, but that's all apart of the show, folks!

I've only recently come to terms that people might not expect me to be perfect. It's something I've been bred on and I crave for acceptance and recognition. I must be 100%. This is why I'm not a true introvert. A true introvert couldn't do this. I'm incredibly outgoing and I have huge aspirations.

Yet I over analyze and over analyze. Did I say or do something stupid that everyone will forget? Maybe. And will I think about to the point where I can't go to sleep. Yes. I have problems accepting less than excellence. I don't think I'm over-critical of others, but I certainly am of myself.

Now here comes the reason I meant to right this... love rectangles. And I'm not even in it!

So there's this girl (God, it always starts off that way), and one of my friends, the "Brainiac wannabe jock jerk", has liked her for years. And it's a well-known fact, everybody, even the girl, knows it. But there's one problem. She thinks he's gross, and he's too cowardly to ask her out.

Then there's another guy, the "juvenile cool-kid wannabe", who's been texting the same girl and trying to win her affections, never telling me or brainiac wannabe jerk or my other friend. Now, you ask, why do I know this? Because the girl talks to me and my other friend. She told us that she does have feelings for this kid, but eventually she just got tired of him, and eventually told him she didn't like him. I don't know if he still texts her, but I can tell you he never told us that he liked her.

Finally, there's the matter of who she herself likes. Every afternoon on the bus she has to vent to me about this, and I try to be kind and understanding and offer all my advice, but the way she talks is frankly too superficial. But she likes.... my other friend, my close friend, the Julie teller-aller.

And everyday she moans about how much she is in love with him, and how much she thinks die if she isn't with him, and so on, and so on. Meanwhile, I feel a little guilty knowing all this, and not telling my friend, but of course I would betray her trust.

Now, he recently texted her and told her who he had a crush on- and it's not her. Then he said he was going to ask this girl out. She, apparently shattered to pieces, left all the possible hints she could possibly leave that she liked him, and he still remained oblivious. Worst of all, she told me all this, not him.

Obviously he didn't want me to know this, but I do. I know too much sometimes, and I hate being Mr. Saint, Mr. Happy, Mr. Perfect... knowing all this, but he's never asked me. He's got no clue I know anything.

The funny part is, the girl had asked me to play matchmaker for both of them next Friday at the dance, and I was going to agree to do it, which I thought a lot about, mind you. But now that's over.

To be honest, sometimes listening to her venting ruins my day. It could have been a perfectly splendid school day, then we hit the bus, and bang! The world is over! And I learn so much, I didn't want to know. Maybe she'll stop doing that now, but I sort of felt it was my turn to vent about something.
blackcauldron85

1. I think that the Julie teller-aller, if you're true friends, should be eventually forgiven. I mean, if he didn't tell in malice, then if he knows you're upset by it, then surely would be apologetic.

2. If you care enough about the girl, even if you're upset with your friend, maybe you should still try and play matchmaker, to make the girl happy. If she hasn't done anything (but vent to you) bad, then maybe it'd be worth a shot...?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:1. I think that the Julie teller-aller, if you're true friends, should be eventually forgiven. I mean, if he didn't tell in malice, then if he knows you're upset by it, then surely would be apologetic.

2. If you care enough about the girl, even if you're upset with your friend, maybe you should still try and play matchmaker, to make the girl happy. If she hasn't done anything (but vent to you) bad, then maybe it'd be worth a shot...?
Eh, I forgave him a long time ago, I couldn't but possibly help not to... Just needed a venue to rant. The whole thing is still incredibly embarrasing, but life goes on, right?

I love the girl to pieces, but sometimes I think she's just too romantic, you know, and I sometimes wonder how authentic her feelings for him are. Even at that, I don't even know how he feels about her... And had she not told me it was off, I so totally would have helped match them together. I'll wait to see how things develop over the next few weeks, but maybe you're right, Amy. I mean, he's been just an awesome friend to me, and she's been wonderful as well... I think I owe it to them. Like I said, I'll see what happens before I do or say anything, but it's the least I could do.

P.S. In hindsight the whole griping about her venting to me is selfish. I guess I should consider myself lucky that she finds me a trustworthy person to speak to. Sure it frazzles my nerves, but for her sake, I shall continue listening to what she needs to say to me...

By the way, thanks for listening to my (rather hypocritical) venting Amy! :)
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Oh snaps, the banner is different.
blackcauldron85

[quote="UmbrellaFish"]
Life does go on, and if he's a good friend, one little slipup shouldn't ruin the friendship forever!

What's wrong with being too romantic? Just not wanting her heart to get broken?

And griping about her venting isn't necessarily selfish; I think lots of people have friends who are going through something (whether small or large), and just need someone to talk with, even if they talk about the same thing over and over and over...it's been nice of you to actually listen to her and not just blow her off, saying that she's talked about the same thing for who knows how long!

And I'll listen (well, um, read) your vents anytime!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote: What's wrong with being too romantic? Just not wanting her heart to get broken?
Yes, and it's already happened, too... It was just sad to see.
blackcauldron85 wrote: And griping about her venting isn't necessarily selfish; I think lots of people have friends who are going through something (whether small or large), and just need someone to talk with, even if they talk about the same thing over and over and over...it's been nice of you to actually listen to her and not just blow her off, saying that she's talked about the same thing for who knows how long!

And I'll listen (well, um, read) your vents anytime!
Thanks for that! You've been a great listener/reader!
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

This is terribly belated, but I first wanted to congratulate on getting the part, UF! That's wonderful to hear. I hope you have so much fun with the role. :) I'm really sorry to hear about all the issues that you're going through at the moment. I had a friend like that back in high school who used to do that all the time. I enjoy listening to other people's problems and helping them out (especially my girlfriend's), but my friend just seemed like to always talk to me about every dramatic moment that I felt like I didn't want to be a part of. It's hard to do, but sometimes the best thing to do is just let things work out a course on their own.

On an unrelated note, I just wanted to express my happiness that two of my poems are going to be published in one of our local literary and art magazines! I never really had any of my work published before in any real kind of publication, so as a budding writer this is really exciting for me. I also submitted my Olympian play to the Lit Society Mag at our local community college, so I hope that gets accepted as well. :)
-Tim
blackcauldron85

Congrats, Tim!!! That's really exciting! Were they looking for submissions, or you just sent your work anyway? How'd it all come to be?!?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

PrincePhillipFan wrote:This is terribly belated, but I first wanted to congratulate on getting the part, UF! That's wonderful to hear. I hope you have so much fun with the role. :) I'm really sorry to hear about all the issues that you're going through at the moment. I had a friend like that back in high school who used to do that all the time. I enjoy listening to other people's problems and helping them out (especially my girlfriend's), but my friend just seemed like to always talk to me about every dramatic moment that I felt like I didn't want to be a part of. It's hard to do, but sometimes the best thing to do is just let things work out a course on their own.

On an unrelated note, I just wanted to express my happiness that two of my poems are going to be published in one of our local literary and art magazines! I never really had any of my work published before in any real kind of publication, so as a budding writer this is really exciting for me. I also submitted my Olympian play to the Lit Society Mag at our local community college, so I hope that gets accepted as well. :)
Thank you! I've got most of my lines memorized now, but with all the snow we've getting here we've barely had any opportunity to practice.

And I suppose we've both had our overtly dramatic friends problems, but oh well.

And congratulations yourself for getting some of your work published! :D I hope your play gets accepted, too (just the fact that it's about the Olympians makes me interested).
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

I hope you get some chance to rehearse with the others soon, UF. I'm still so happy that you landed that role knowing how much you wanted it.

And thanks you two! They were accepting submissions, but they're always rather choosy, hence why I'm happy and excited that mine got chosen out of all the others. I also had the idea of possibly submitting them to a GLBT fantasy magazine that I recently found out about that are looking for submissions as well for their yearly issue, so I might submit them there as well. :)

And I really hope my Olympian play gets submitted. It's part of a story idea that I've had for about a year and a half now, and I decided to take one of the scenes and transform it into a one act play for my creative writing assignment. My creative writing raved about it which really shocked me since I never expected it to go over that well lol. He recommended that after I submit it to the Lit Society Mag, I should also look into maybe getting it published elsewhere professionally as well.

When I get my poems published in the magazine, I'll be sure to post some scans up here of them as well if any one would like to read them. :)
-Tim
blackcauldron85

PrincePhillipFan wrote: When I get my poems published in the magazine, I'll be sure to post some scans up here of them as well if any one would like to read them. :)
Yes, please! :)
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

PPF, I'm so excited for you! Everything seems to be going really well. And I'm anxious to see scans, too! :D

And by the way, we finally had school Friday. I still don't know who my friend likes, and I don't expect him to ask that person out anytime soon, but the other girl seems to be much better. I thinks she's interested in somebody else now, so we shall see how that goes... Overall, Friday was just great!
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Thank you too! :D

And I'm glad to hear your last Friday was great, UF! I hope things work out for the best though with your friend.
-Tim
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

PrincePhillipFan's avatar freaking rules!
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

I BRING THIS PUPPY BACK TO LIFE.
That's hot.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

That's so sad, what did it die of?
4 Disney Atmosphere Images