What television show did you just watch? Part I

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Scrubs - the episodes where J.D. and Elliot were dating, Dr. Cox takes J.D. to a bar, Carla gets mad at J.D. for thinking less of her for not going to college, J.D. dates a patient whose face is hidden in a head scanning machine, Elliot and Turk do a project together and Elliot is upset the surgeons consider her a geek.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Planet Earth:

From Pole To Pole
Mountains
Fresh Water
Caves
Deserts
Ice Worlds
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

The Brady Bunch: Season Four
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I watched a few episodes of the show, Medium, to get a feel for it. I don't like it. Though I won't say it's bad, exactly, it is frighteningly predictable and does too much of the same thing over and over again.

I watched the episode where she dreams she's in a dollhouse and finds that a family has a habit of killing abusive fathers, an episode where her husband is afraid of catching chicken pox, an episode where the Texas Ranger guy has premonitions of ambulance robbers but there are details he isn't getting right, and I also watched one about a lonely guy who makes his best friend kill him so the woman he loves will get his life insurance money.

And I watched 4 episodes of Inside the Actors Studio : Jodie Foster, Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry, and Charlie Sheen. And I watched the beginning of Salma Hayek. Just the parts where she talked about Freida and From Dusk Till Dawn.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I watched a series of clips on YouTube of the current (?) storyline on As the World Turns with a pair of gay 18/19-y/o's, Luke and Noah. It's quite clearly the same as any other soap opera- nothing goes easy, everything is ridiculously hokey, and the story is forced to take a stupid amount of absurd twists. But... it's still a story that is incredibly forward for soap operas. And, even I have to admit that the writers paid this story an inordinate amount of attention. I even watched a few minutes of the heterosexual storylines and they weren't half as well developed or groundbreaking as the Luke and Noah story. The later episodes, especially those on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and the undeniably powerful police-room confrontation with the homophobic father are some of the best dramatic television in years.

For proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhzGBi_9VY
Start at 3:00 (and try to forgive the awful soap opera "dip"-"dip" music)

Here's another clip, this one proves the acting / writing quality improved in the last episodes. And great tv to better 2007's Holiday Season! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh2LBOMqHk8
7:04 - another important television moment!

This story in this cruddy soap opera proves that there are some experiences worth sharing, no matter how many people selfishly disapprove.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Seen some of those clips before Laz (but 42 parts! It's gonna take me awhile to watch them all) and I completely agree with you. Daytime television programs need to wake up and realize that gays are real people too and not some zombies from beyond the grave and should be featured more. Even on crappy soaps.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Yeah, soap opera acting is uniformly bad. But sometimes, I think good material can bring out hidden talents from some actors. And I felt that storyline was genuine and heartfelt. After that, all I have to say is- about frickin' time. 2007? This year was the first two-male kiss on daytime TV? That's what E! said. And it's ludicrous.

But then again, I don't watch daytime TV. :twisted:
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Lazario wrote:
But then again, I don't watch daytime TV. :twisted:
Who does Laz?
BelleandtheBeast

Post by BelleandtheBeast »

I just got done watching a rerun of Reba, I never thought I would like that show. I am really getting into it though.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

BelleandtheBeast wrote:I just got done watching a rerun of Reba, I never thought I would like that show. I am really getting into it though.
I've always liked it, too. I have no idea why. Cast is amazing. The writing is nothing special. I guess some things just have a cast that makes you like the sad scripts. It's like the team on this show knows how well the cast runs through anything, so they toss them...everything. And, at least half of what they're given is nothing.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I'm currently watching the clips on youtube of the Luke and Noha story and I'm really enjoying it. I felt so sorry for all the crap Luke had to go through at the beginning, especially that creepy "Camp Counselor" guy and the jerk friend Kevin. Also Noha's dad is just scary. He's always lurking around every corner and you never know when he's gonna show up. He reminds me of Frollo from Hunchback.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm watching "Saved By the Bell", th episodes where the gang are trying to save Kelly's grandfather's hotel in Hawaii.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

The Nanny - "Lamb Chop's On the Menu," "A Kiss is Just a Kiss," "Strange Bedfellows"

SpongeBob SquarePants - "Neptune's Spatula," "Fools in April," "Walking Small," and "Hooky"

and Video #44 on YouTube of Luke and Noah's story
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Coupling - The episodes "The Girl with One Heart," where Patrick and Steve had a party where they invited Patrick's current girlfriend Jennifer and his ex-girlfriend Sally, and Jennifer ends up thinking Sally's a lesbian who hits on her. And "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps," where Sally, Jane, and Susan all take pregnancy tests. Two come out negative, one positive. But Sally mixes them up and they can't tell who's pregnant.

Saved by the Bell
1. Miss Bliss sees Zack's father romantically, Zack takes advantage of her
2. Nicki doesn't want to dissect a toad because of her moral beliefs
3. Miss Bliss has her class try investing in the stock market, they go too far
4. Screech has a crush on Lisa, Zack bribes him to get him to write his term paper
5. Lisa gets a sprained leg; Jessie who's scared of being too tall teaches Zack how to dance to beat Slater in a competition
6. Zack and Slater fight over Kelly when Belding teaches a Marriage Class (another great example of how the idea of "sacred" marriage or marriage sanctity is just a joke to most people)
7. Screech and Zack develop a new "Zit Off" cream they think is a miracle cure but it ends up turning peoples' faces marroon after the zits disappear

Golden Girls - Blache thinks she's pregnant, but it's just menopause.

Scrubs - J.D., Turk, and Elliot are ecstatic that they have the hospital all to themselves at night... But they quickly realize this means they have to handle a large rush of patients all by themselves. J.D. earns Dr. Cox's respect by not competing with the other interns for a Dr. Kelso trip to Reno, Navada should one of them come up with a really unique case / patient illness.
blackcauldron85

"The E! True Hollywood Story: Rod & Kimberly Stewart"
"The E! True Hollywood Story: Lionel & Nicole Richie"

Enlightening entertainment right there! :wink:
blackcauldron85

I watched 1 1/2 episodes of "The O.C." and I'm watching both parts of the 1991 Christmas episode of "Beverly Hills, 90210".
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

The Twilight Zone: People are Alike All Over. Another fantastic and creepy episode from the great series, this one starring Roddy McDowall (yay!) as Sam Goldman who finds out that people on Mars are just like people on Earth. I don't want to say more because it would spoil the ending.
Pixarcarsfan24

Post by Pixarcarsfan24 »

I love Lucy- The epsidoe when Lucy thought Ricky got drafted into the army.

I don't care how many times i watch the series, i still love watching this show.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Over the last 3 day I watched all 13 episodes of Wonderfalls and totally fell in love with that show. It's such a shame it was cancelled after only 4 episodes.
It is hilarious, has absolutey the best writing I've ever seen on a TV show and is made of all kinds of awesome, but I didn't expect anything else from Bryan Fuller.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

more Scrubs, naturally

then, the George Lopez show. The one where Carmen is dating some jerk her father knows is only using her for her "first time" and Max is afraid he won't pass the 5th grade. I unfortunately didn't get to see the next episode because I caught a cold a few days ago. The last part I saw was where George goes out to look for Carmen.

Oh yeah... and, the brilliant "Vigilante" episode, which I urge everyone to see since it's on YouTube (Parts : 1, 2, 3, 4), where the Neighborhood Watch forms a lynch mob to catch a sexual predator... then finding out it's a woman reveals double standards, and more importantly, says the things that everyone thinks and never say. This one should have won an award!

Coupling - the first episode, where Steve breaks up with Jane and meets Susan, Jeff is uncomfortable around Susan, Susan breaks up with Patrick, Sally insults Patrick then later comes onto him, and they all go to dinner together and challenge Susan to show one of her breasts to them.