What television show did you just watch? Part I

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Six Feet Under is now showing on Bravo. Today, two episodes were shown. "The Pilot" and "The Will". Great television. I watched the first season, and around half of the second season, on HBO, when this show was first on. After I moved to my new home, I didn't have HBO, and I lost touch with the show. I'm glad it is now on Bravo, as I will be able to finally catch up with the story. It's great going back and watching it from the beginning. I intend to buy the series on DVD, perhaps after the complete series release. One thing about HBO, the individual season set releases are too expensive!

This show is excellent, and if you have a chance, and haven't seen it, or just want to see it, again, catch it on Bravo. It's showing every Monday night, at 9/8 central. It was created by Alan Ball (American Beauty), and has a great cast, which includes Rachel Griffiths, who is now on Brothers and Sisters.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

^ To be honest, I found the show to be overly dramatic in its tone. There was nothing to lighten the mood. All the episodes I've seen were morbid from start to finish, and as compelling as the characters were, it was really challenging for me to get through the episode. I also found the show to be a little, um, HBO-ish. The thing is with their shows, is that they appear to be oh-so-important, instead of just trying to entertain.

And with that I end my short rant about my problem with HBO shows.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Disney-Fan wrote:^ To be honest, I found the show to be overly dramatic in its tone. There was nothing to lighten the mood. All the episodes I've seen were morbid from start to finish, and as compelling as the characters were, it was really challenging for me to get through the episode. I also found the show to be a little, um, HBO-ish. The thing is with their shows, is that they appear to be oh-so-important, instead of just trying to entertain.

And with that I end my short rant about my problem with HBO shows.
The fact that it is morbid, from start to finish, is one reason I like it. It's not trying to sugar coat death, or life. I mean, each episode opens with the death of someone. However, to each their own.

I have enjoyed several of HBO's original shows, and find them to be quite entertaining. Especially Sex and the City and Six Feet Under.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

The Jeffersons - Florence's Union, Jenny's Thesis, George & Louise In a Bind Parts 1, 2, & 3, George Needs Help, Florence Gets Lucky, Uncle George and Aunt Louise, The Jefferson Curve, 984 West (Some street I don't remember) Apartment 5C, Thomas Willes Co., + others.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

Roseanne - Promises, Promises
cydney
Special Edition

Post by cydney »

I'm watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. They always build really awesome houses. I wonder thought, how do they pick the families and what makes the families they pick better then other families who might need it more.
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

cydney wrote:I'm watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. They always build really awesome houses. I wonder thought, how do they pick the families and what makes the families they pick better then other families who might need it more.
There was a family in my city that was on that show about two years ago. A person I know knew the people and really helped out in the process. But from what I was told (and I even went down to the property one day and saw for myself), Ty Pennington is hardly ever even there. He comes by for like 30 minutes each day just to film some stuff to make it look like he's helping out, but he really doesn't do anything. It's basically the city and the other members of the design team (minus Ty) who actually build the homes. I thought that was rather disappointing, but I wasn't too surprised to hear it.
Last edited by Ting Ting on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Desperate Housewives, and now Law & Order: SVU
:pan: Love It.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

I watched two great shows, tonight.

Desperate Housewives, which was excellent. Then Brothers and Sisters, which becomes more interesting, and addictive, with each episode!
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

Roseanne - Glengarry, Glen Rosey + Tooth or Consequences + Daughters and Other Strangers

Desperate Housewives - A Weekend in the Country

Everybody Loves Raymond - Ray's On TV
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

Everybody Loves Raymond - Anniversary, Working Late Again, The Children's Book, The Gift and High School
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

The last show I watched would have to be Family Guy the epidoes were "I never met the dead man" and "Mind Over Murder" it was on TBS last night. I think the show is still funny.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Extras with Sir Ian McKellen

Well, apart from Sir Ian's hilarious mini acting masterclass, this was by far the darkest and bleakest episode of the series to date. Andy fall from grace is spiraling out of control. Still funny, but the dramatic content is increasing.

And later tonight Have I Got News for You? returns, as does the most recent incarnation of an Avid Merrion show - Bo in the USA! (It'll be proper bo I tell thee!)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Fraggle Rock "Don't cry over spilt milk"
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

King of the Hill - A hilarious episode where Bobby thinks his dad is rich so he steals his credit card and goes on a spending spree. At the end Hank realizes that spending money isn't that bad.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Absolutely Fabulous - Exploitin', Huntin' Shootin' Fishin', Birthin', and Schmoozin'
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

That 70's Show - One of my favorite episodes where they go out deer hunting. Hopefully, my deer hunting trip (which is in a month) wont end up like theirs. :D
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Teen Titans

I'd forgotten how much I like that show... :D
:pan: Love It.
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

Post by Joshrzmeup »

Hannah Montana - Don't throw things!!!!! It's a decent show, imo, or at least the music is good :)
User formerly known as LizzieMcGuire Image
Josh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Josh »

South Park: 10-08- Make Love, Not WarcraftImageImage I love South Park, and this episode was so funny, especially when Cartman needed to go to the bathroom, so he got his mom to bring him a little training-toilet thing. :lol: I can't wait to watch 10-09, although apparently it was very controversial, almost as much as the episode 'Bloody Mary'.

And last night I watched Australian Idol...GO LISA!!! (See signature :wink: ) I hope she wins!!!!!!!