Battle of the Disney Classics - Round 2.5

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Battle of the Disney Classics - Round 2.5

Post by Prince Phillip »

Sleeping Beauty vs. The Little Mermaid

Mermaid Kelly will end this round, so PM her all your votes, I'm taking an indefinate UltimateDisney hiatus...
Defy Gravity
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

wow....ok :roll: .....he put me IN CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o This is really weird, :huh: why in the world is he leaving the site??????

:huh:

ok.........................ummmmmmmm................................"trying to show responsibillity"............................................allright......the votes to the final Battle of the Disney Classics will be due on October 24, so cast your votes in the next week!
Image Image
Tangela
In The Vaults

Post by Tangela »

I sent you my votes, MK.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
Tell Chris Johnson that he's Walt Disney and he'll believe it...
-Tangela
I shall be happy if it kills me! Gee Maneese Ow!
-Disneyguru
Lady
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lady »

the little merwoman.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Yup....I'm Kelly the 16 year old mermaid..(same age as Ariel :wink: )
:) I just got home from school and am happy to see I am not flooded with votes! I thought I would get at least 20 votes but only 6 came so far. This is not as hard as I thought it would be! :lol:

Keep "em" coming, we got a tie right now! :brick:
Image Image
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Ok all the votes are in, our winner is,

The

Sleeping

LITTLE MERMAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
It was very close though, Mermaid only had 2 more votes.
Image Image
robinhood21
Limited Issue

Re: Battle of the Disney Classics - Round 2.5

Post by robinhood21 »

It is definitely The Little Mermaid for me as it is 1 of my all time favourite Disney Movies ever.

I've seen some similarities between the title characters and the villains. Firstly, the princesses names both begin with A, they have 3 friends (the fairies for Aurora and Sebastian, Ariel and Scuttle for Ariel) and the films are not named directly after them. And whilst Ariel caused Ursula to kill Flotsam and Jetsam, Merryweather used her magic to turn Maleficent's raven into stone). Then their loved 1 has an animal companion (Max for Eric and Phillip has his horse) and they both kill the villain by stabbing them (Phillip uses his sword and Eric rams the splintered bow of a shipwreck to destroy Ursula).

Then the villains are both purple and black in appearance, they both have a companion or 2 (Maleficent has her raven and Ursula has Flotsam and Jetsam), they have both transformed into something, they both die in their transformations and they both fall even though it isn't the cause of their deaths

I can hear Aurora and Ariel talking to each other and saying each other's names in my head as well as Eric and Phillip interacting with each other and saying each other's names and I wish Maleficent and Ursula in their actual selves could fight each other.