Aladdin or Lion King?

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Aladdin or Lion King?

Post by Alan »

These are two wonderful movies from the 1990s. I personally like Lion King better, its just more powerful. I love Aladdin though. Which do you people like better, Aladdin or Lion King?
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Lion King
Dark Knight Rulez
Eatmorchiken
Limited Issue

Post by Eatmorchiken »

Ummm... I'd have to say Aladdin probably. It's one of, if not is, my favorite Disney movie. It's got great music (but so does Lion King), and a great love story (thats where Lion King lacks just a little bit). I think I just like the setting of Agrabah and that feel more than the Pridelands. I dunno why.
To all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America. -Walt Disney.
lolopimp
Banned Deadbeat

Post by lolopimp »

Lion King without any doubt.
Thanks to Rafiki from Lea for this awesome siggy!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time." -Ian Malcolm
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Aladdin
- Jonathan
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Alan- These "what do you like better?" threads are getting a bit tiresome.

As for the original question, of the 44 animated classics, Aladdin and The Lion King are my 2 favorites!

I have to say I like The Lion King slightly better mainly because it has a much more dramatic tone, but yet stills manages to tie-in with humor perfectly. Aladdin doesn't have quite the dramatic tone as The Lion King, but it sure pulls off the humor tone perfectly, maybe even better than LK at times!

There are also alot of other things I like about Lion King better than Aladdin(better music, better animation and much more).

But overall while I love Aladdin and think it's a great movie, The Lion King is better IMO.
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

I definitely prefer The Lion King over Aladdin.
Last edited by chaychay102royal on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Although I'm not keen on "animal" movies, The Lion King is definitely the better movie. It has the better hero, the better heroine, the better supporting characters, the better story, the better villain, and the better artwork. That pretty much confirms it for me.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Both are great films but I have to go with The Lion King.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
danamichelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by danamichelle »

Aladdin
But I love the Lion King too.
<a href=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html? ... ichelle>My DVD List at DVD Aficionado</a>
<a href=http://www.myspace.com/57703794>MySpace</a>

Lilo: I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!
Stitch: AARG! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

Aladdin
I think this is a very "important" movie when we talk about film history. This was the original satirical animated film, something that included jabs at current popular culture. In other words, there would have been no Shrek or Shark's Tale without it (which would probably make most here hate it indefinately :wink: ). I think the music was very daring, especially for a composer who was used to European-style melodies. I am really going to have to sit down and analyze The Lion King. I have regained interest in it because it appears I will haev the opportunity to watch the stage version next summer. I think this concept might be better suited to stage then the movies. I just have a problem iwth talking animal movies. Bambi is a talking animal movie, but the dialogue is minimal, so we're more focused on action than dialogue. Winnie The Pooh is a talking animal movie, but they are caricatured. Robin Hood is an animal movie, but they are personified. I don't know, like I said, I'm going to have to rethink it.
The Top 10 Films of 2005:
1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice
brownie
Special Edition

Post by brownie »

I like The Lion King more, but I think Aladdin is a better movie.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I like them both pretty much equally. When 'Aladdin' came out it became my favourite Disney of all-time and then it was replaced by 'The Lion King' but nowadays I like the pretty much the same and neither one is on top anymore.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Roger Rabbit
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Roger Rabbit »

I'm choosing Aladdin because the visuals were nice, and of course because of Robin Williams as the voice of the Genie. :) While Lion King has a huge (and I mean huge) fan base, I see that film something on the lines of Bambi. I think Bambi is more realistic than LK.
<b>You were born original and unique; don't die a copy.</b>
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Aladdin... That could partially be the nostaligia talking because Aladdin was the very first movie I ever saw in theaters. But I do love the characters, the actors, the animation, the songs, everything!

Lion King is great too though.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Lightyear
Special Edition

Post by Lightyear »

My choice would be Alladin.. 2 reasons..

1. it was geared more to adults in the sense of a lot of the genie's humor was stuff the majority of kids wouldn't get.

2. Lion king overkill.. too much of a good thing makes you not want to hear / see it anymore.
! !EBAY BOOTLEG'ERS! !
STDVDS : gasconsherri : haasenterprises : helppay4kidscollege : mtandk0614 : zoosed : sniperxray2 : moker04 : dvdtitan : jedsdvds4u : dvd_isle : ander_island : hollabrady : aikon83 : nowentertmt : tell_your_story
Sendur
Limited Issue

Post by Sendur »

Lion King
dont know why, i love them both,
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

The Lion King is an overused franchise (as Lightyear has said). I go with Aladdin. Out of the fantastic four, this one is the most underrated.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

I liked Aladdin..I prefer 'magical' over 'powerful.'
and Aladdin had a better romantic story to it. :D
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
proud-to-be-13

The Lion King

Post by proud-to-be-13 »

I personally care more about animals than I do with humans. The Lion King also had a better plot, and more emotionally powerful.
People with alot of pride and self-confidence have so little intelligence.