The UK Announcement Thread

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Re: The UK Announcement Thread

Post by MeerkatKombat »

UK announcement.

SOURCE:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news ... WLbBP0troD
The 'Disney Villains' special edition collection will be available on Blu-ray and DVD at selected UK stores on June 2, days after Maleficent launches in cinemas on May 28.
Disney Villians collection coming to UK.

If this is true, it means Basil and Black Caudron coming.
Bummer, I just got Basil.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Just hope the release is something a bit more than just a slipcover plonked on top ….
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Sorry, no news to report, I just figured this was the best thread to ask this: have "Peter Pan", "101 Dalmatians", and "The Rescuers" BDs ever been re-released with a proper, corrected spine layout as seen on other UK releases? It's an eyesore :(.
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

Mooky wrote:Sorry, no news to report, I just figured this was the best thread to ask this: have "Peter Pan", "101 Dalmatians", and "The Rescuers" BDs ever been re-released with a proper, corrected spine layout as seen on other UK releases? It's an eyesore :(.
It looks as though they have for Peter Pan...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Walt-Disneys- ... 2ed1d2ef76

I'm sure the other two will pop up eventually. Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little and The Wild were all hard to find with numbered spines at one time but are now quite common thanks to newly pressed/printed versions that have saturated the market.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Thanks for that link! They do exist! :D It appears that "The Rescuers" is currently the only release that wasn't corrected.

That leaves me with having to track down "The Wild", MTR, and CL, along with new editions of "Dalmatians" and "Peter"... Ugh... :brick: Not only do the sellers put stock images on their listings, but they also pump up the prices... £12 for shipping?!? Apparently there's no easy way of finding the right edition at a decent price unless you live in the UK. At this rate, I'll either go bankrupt for purchasing multiple copies or abandon this whole numbered spines business (oh, who am I kidding :/...)

So... Anyone wants to buy sealed editions of "101 Dalmatians" and "Peter Pan"? :D
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

When is the next 2 for 1 due? I know its only been a few months weeks since the last one ended but I got the Disney itches.
Last edited by MeerkatKombat on Tue May 13, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

MeerkatKombat wrote:When is the next 2 for 1 due? I know its only been a few months since the last one ended but I got the Disney itches.
They have 2 a year, 6 months apart; 1 in spring and 1 in autumn. Since the last one just finished (March-April), the next should be due September-October.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

universALLove wrote:
MeerkatKombat wrote:When is the next 2 for 1 due? I know its only been a few months since the last one ended but I got the Disney itches.
They have 2 a year, 6 months apart; 1 in spring and 1 in autumn. Since the last one just finished (March-April), the next should be due September-October.
fart nuggets
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

Mooky wrote:t appears that "The Rescuers" is currently the only release that wasn't corrected.
It has been corrected after all (see original listing picture 2)...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Rescuers- ... 7675.l2557
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

:shock: :mickana: :drool:

universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

Mulan has also been revealed as the next steelbook, in addition to Pinocchio and Hercules. The artwork looks great too...

Pinocchio
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/pinocchio- ... 07485.html

Hercules
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/hercules-z ... 07486.html

Mulan
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/mulan-zavv ... 07487.html

So glad Hercules got some new artwork and Mulan is a pleasant surprise too. I was expecting them both to receive the same artwork as the regular (Amaray case) releases. Yay!

:pink: :pink: :pink:
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I do like the Pinocchio one, I just wish the Hercules and Mulan ones didn't have that great big border. I always think of Mulan as a red film and would have liked to see the VHS cover on a steel book. However, despite the border they are all still lovely.

At the same time I am (good) surprised it isn't the same cover art as the amaray cases. Not that I will be purchasing but great news for people who do collect the steel books (how I envy you).

Are you buying them universALLove?
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

MeerkatKombat wrote:I do like the Pinocchio one, I just wish the Hercules and Mulan ones didn't have that great big border. I always think of Mulan as a red film and would have liked to see the VHS cover on a steel book. However, despite the border they are all still lovely.

I really like the Pinocchio one too, the artwork looks very nice. Yes, Mulan would look good with red; very fitting, oriental/Chinese colour. I would have been open to the VHS cover being used but what they've done is a pleasant surprise, either way I would be happy as I like both. I'm just really glad Hercules didn't receive the DVD/standard UK Blu-Ray cover. Again like Mulan, I would've been happy if they had used the VHS cover of Hercules, I've always preferred it to the DVD but what we have is lovely, the back especially with Hades and the underworld characters. :)
MeerkatKombat wrote:Are you buying them universALLove?
Ideally yes. I would like to own them providing I can afford them. They sell out quickly so there's no time to hesitate and Zavvi churn out so many at a time it's hard to keep up. I wish they would limit one release per month.

All of the steelbooks I own so far are pretty much from Zavvi UK unless otherwise stated, this is what I have collected so far...

Disney
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Futureshop Steelbook)
Cinderella (U.S. viva metal case version)
The Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
Dumbo
101 Dalmatians
The Princess and the Frog (North American Steelbook/Ironpack)
Frozen

Alice In Wonderland (pre-ordered)
Robin Hood (pre-ordered)

Would like to get...
Pinocchio
Hercules
Mulan

Pixar
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Finding Nemo (U.S. 4 disc viva metal case version)
Up
Toy Story 3
Brave (U.S. 4 disc viva metal case version)

Would like to get...
A Bug's Life
*The Incredibles
*Cars
*Ratatouille 
*Wall-E
Cars 2

*currently own the standard Amaray case release
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snow-White-and- ... uraycom-21

Snow White pre-order is up on Amazon. Coming June 30th.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Still not quite sure why they're doing these random releases …
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Because the vault ends on Monday so everything is making a reappearance over the next few months.

Beauty and the Beast 3D is also coming out again in August. I might actually invest in BatB again.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

MeerkatKombat wrote:Because the vault ends on Monday so everything is making a reappearance over the next few months.
….but why though ? Why are they done with the Vault system ?
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Atlantica wrote:
MeerkatKombat wrote:Because the vault ends on Monday so everything is making a reappearance over the next few months.
….but why though ? Why are they done with the Vault system ?
I would assume that Disney doesn't want to put the effort into big releases over here and the rest of Europe. I also imagine it is to do with their digital push and 'disney movies anywhere' service. I may be the only one but I can see the US following suit when the Diamond line ends.

I'm personally all for physical copies and have no need for a digital service because I prefer to watch the films on a TV screen that isn't tiny. But some people do like digital copies and I can't say they are wrong.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Hmmm I guess that makes sense, but I still think its a shame Disney are heading this direction. I will always want a physical presence over something digitally. If I really love a movie I'll get the blu then also buy a digital copy on iTunes for when I travel or for using at the gym. I have to really love the film though to do that.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I don't think I've ever redeemed my digital copies apart from PATF which I've haven't used once. All the digital copy does is kill my iphone battery faster and that's the last thing I need help with :x