The UK Announcement Thread

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

Jules wrote:Drat. No BOGOF. :evil:

Didn't the last BOGOF start on the 1st day of September? That was exactly 6 months ago.
You'll be happy to know the B.O.G.O.F. offer is on now, I saw it on Zavvi:

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/disney-buy- ... -free.list
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I have just seen BOGOF in HMV, though it isn't on Amazon as of yet. They only had a DVD stand, so not sure if it was Blu as well ?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I only noticed your replies now, but I just realised that the BOGOF is on, on Amazon.co.uk. They don't call it a BOGOF there, though. :)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: The UK Announcement Thread

Post by Atlantica »

I don't know if it is just me, but I have struggled to see Aladdin and Mulan on the shelves of any HMV or supermarket near me ... I haven't seen them at all ! Is there any reason, or have I just been unlucky?
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Make Mine Music DVD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... tedisne-21

UK DVD release

July 15th
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

If anybody buys the new Make Mine Music DVD, and has previous editions with which to compare, then please let us know how it fares in the AV department! I wonder if it will look better than the Danish release.
Tellyweb

Post by Tellyweb »

The US DVD, Vintage Mickey, will be released on the same date as Make Mine Music.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Any announcement / Pre orders starting for Mermaid yet? Not even listed on amazon as of yet....
Tellyweb

Post by Tellyweb »

I also found The Jungle Book listed, but at the moment, its not available for pre-order.
according to the page, it should be set for August. http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Jungle-Book ... _dp_link_7
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Any announcement / Pre orders starting for Mermaid yet? Not even listed on amazon as of yet....
The US imports are up on Amazon, but no confirmation for a UK release yet.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

I hope there will be a nice UK boxset for TLM and TJB, like the ones released for The Lion King and Cinderella with all sequels... 8)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Thank you for sharing that info; the Cinderella sequels havent been released by themselves, have they ?
Unlikely to now as well ....
Tellyweb

Post by Tellyweb »

a Non-Disney announcement here, but Good news for Adventure Time fans.

Season 1 gets a UK release. http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/47242825 ... tails.html
Tellyweb

Post by Tellyweb »

Pre-Orders are now available for Jungle Book and Little Mermaid in the UK.

Jungle Book is set to come out on August 12th.

Little Mermaid will be released from September 2nd
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Apparently, a couple of websites are running promotions on Blu / DVD's of Disney & Pixar, presumably for Monsters University. Haven't had a scout myself.
cornelius
Gold Classic Collection

Post by cornelius »

Jules wrote:If anybody buys the new Make Mine Music DVD, and has previous editions with which to compare, then please let us know how it fares in the AV department! I wonder if it will look better than the Danish release.
Hi, I bought the Scandinavian version a few years ago and have just bought the new UK version. The disc is exactly the same, complete with trailers for The Wild, Fox and the Hound etc. Essentially I've paid £6.00 for an English sleeve!!! :lol:

So disappointed with Disney's UK releases at the moment. We seem to be way behind the US now. Anyone know when we will get any of the following on Blu Ray: Rescuers Down Under, Lilo and Stitch, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range, Oliver and Company, The Black Cauldron, Sword in the Stone or Basil: The Great Mouse Detective?

I've been collecting the animated classics and Pixar collection on dvd and blu ray for 12 years now and there never seems to be an end in sight. I think once I have everything on Blu Ray that will be it, no more upgrades, no matter what comes next!
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

cornelius wrote:Hi, I bought the Scandinavian version a few years ago and have just bought the new UK version. The disc is exactly the same, complete with trailers for The Wild, Fox and the Hound etc. Essentially I've paid £6.00 for an English sleeve!!!

I think I read somewhere the Scandinavian release was uncut. Is this new English release uncut as well then? I didn't even know there was a new release! :lol:
cornelius
Gold Classic Collection

Post by cornelius »

Khonnor wrote:
cornelius wrote:Hi, I bought the Scandinavian version a few years ago and have just bought the new UK version. The disc is exactly the same, complete with trailers for The Wild, Fox and the Hound etc. Essentially I've paid £6.00 for an English sleeve!!!

I think I read somewhere the Scandinavian release was uncut. Is this new English release uncut as well then? I didn't even know there was a new release! :lol:
As far as I can tell it is the exact same disc! Same menus, same running time, same quality (or lack of!), same trailers etc Only the sleeve and disc cover have been altered to English. Presumably they just used the same master. A very strange release when you think about it, after all the fuss a few years back with the BBFC they've essentially just released the Scandinavian version, with no fanfare and a bargain bucket price of £6.00! Why didn't they just do that in the first place?
Tellyweb

Post by Tellyweb »

The part from the film that caused controversy was the opening segment "The Martins and the Coys". it was removed from the US release because it contain scenes of gunplay, which was not suitable for Children.

This may have been the same reason why this did not originally come out in the UK.

But, as prior to the other international releases, the film is left uncut.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

If the US are getting The Jungle Book as the Spring Diamond, and we already have it, are we not getting one at all ?
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Can someone tell me why Disney didn´t sell Winnie Pooh on BR in Spain?

And when we are going to get it in that format.

The fact that The Wild is available on BR and Winnie Pooh not isn´t just makes me angry.