International "Melody Time" - HELP!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

International "Melody Time" - HELP!

Post by Joe Carioca »

Last week "Melody Time" was finally released on DVD here in Brazil. But, contrary to my expectations, the *#%%#@!* Buena Vista Brazil released the EDITED version!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: As you can see, I'm VERY pissed off!
I thought they were going to use the same masters used for the international unedited releases, since we also got the 5.1 surround sound from the overseas editions. But no, they used the American master for the picture. Besides the censorship, they also cut the animated shorts! Our edition has no bonus features at all!! :x

Well, I want to buy an unedited version of the movie but, buying the UK release will cost too much for me. The DVD itself plus shipping will cost more than R$100,00. Plus, when the DVD arrives here, I have to pay a tax of 60%!!!! So, the DVD will end up costing almost R$200,0, while the national version costs about R$39,90 (and that's no cheap already). HUGE difference, and very expensive. Besides, I don't think a cigarette is worth that much, hehe!

So, I ask you: do you people know if the unedited version of "Melody Time" was released in any country of Latin America? And if so, in what virtual store could I buy it?
Thanks in advance! :)
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

Joe, the R4 from Australia at
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/cgi-bin/esh/g. ... t01:224779
seems to come at 58 Reais before shipping and tax/duty.

If you receive it as a "gift" (like a person sending it to you directly by mail) do you still have to pay that horrendous 60% :shock: tax/duty?

(If you don't, maybe you could make Loomis an offer he couldn't refuse he he hee :twisted: )

best wishes,
:ears:
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Hey deathie, thanks for answering! :)
Yeah, if I get it as a gift I do not have to pay taxes. But I'll keep looking for a cheaper unedited version... If I don't find it, I'm going to end up buying the butchered Brazilian edition. :(
Grumpy

Melody time

Post by Grumpy »

Hello Joe
Have you found the unedited version of melody time?
I found a reg 2 for 7,99 pound at www.loaded247.co.uk so if you have any friends in the UK perhaps they could buy it for you and send it as "a gift"
You can also ask the shop if they ship outside Europe, but then you would probably have to pay the tax.
Good luck.

Best regards
Grumpy
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Re: Melody time

Post by Joe Carioca »

Grumpy wrote:Hello Joe
Have you found the unedited version of melody time?
I found a reg 2 for 7,99 pound at www.loaded247.co.uk so if you have any friends in the UK perhaps they could buy it for you and send it as "a gift"
You can also ask the shop if they ship outside Europe, but then you would probably have to pay the tax.
Good luck.

Best regards
Grumpy
Hey, Grumpy! Thanks a lot for your help!
Hmmm, I'm very interested in getting this DVD, and, costing this little, it is my list of "must buys"! But, still, I've never heard of this store, so, I ask anyone who has bought from them: are they reliable? Besides, do they ship internationally?

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who lives in the UK (besides the guys here over UD), so, I think there are very little chances of scaping from the taxes!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Hi Joe, I've used Loaded247 - they're good for avoiding duty taxes on big boxsets if you live in the UK and are importing.

Sadly, I think they only ship to the UK and Europe. It's another of these free delivery things for UK orders. I've had a quick scan of their site and it seems to be set-up this way, but I can't actually see anywhere where they definitively state where they will and won't ship to.

As for the company, I've had no real problems. They're spot on for pre-orders but I've noticed when they say availability is 3-5 days, it often tends to be 5-10 days. But it's OK, they send stuff out after all and they're normally one of, if not the cheapest for R2 titles.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
MK Sharp
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MK Sharp »

Rather oddly, Loaded247 ship to Australia, but that seems to be the only non-European country that they do ship to. Weird.
"I hope we never lose sight of one thing - that this was all started by a little girl and a cat. And a rabbit."
disneyunlimited
Gold Classic Collection

loaded247

Post by disneyunlimited »

Maybe loaded247 only ship to PAL countries to avoid complaints from people who can't play them on their NTSC TVs and DVD players?

Also, almost all UK/European R2 releases are dual-encoded R2 and R4 so there are no region coding problems either...
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

So they really won't ship DVDs to Brazil? Oh, what a pity... I gess Amazon.uk is my only alternative. I think I might end up getting the Brazilian version. :(
Grumpy

Melody time

Post by Grumpy »

Hi
It seems that nobody knows for sure that they don't ship outside Europe except Australia. Try to send them an e-mail to find out.

Grumpy
Grumpy

Melody time

Post by Grumpy »

Hi again Joe
I forgot to ask if you had a look on www.ebay.co.uk I just did and there was several copy's but if you buy from them make sure that it's not a bootleg.
I hope that you will find it and for a good price as well.

Grumpy
AlanJ

Re: International "Melody Time" - HELP!

Post by AlanJ »

You can also find the UK Region 2 Melody Time on the US Amazon site:

http://www.amazon.com/B00009XW7M/ultimatedisne-21