Australian Disney DVD and Blu-ray Release Info - Ongoing

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Even the UK DMR site has a wider range of rewards.

I've been lucky and have managed to get a few decent rewards, but generally when there's anything worthwhile posted they disappear fairly quick. Recently got Disney Universe for Xbox 360, and the best reward I've got was the Pinocchio Platinum Edition blu-ray (back when the rewards were, you know, kind of good). I probably only log on once a month or so now, or whenever I need to redeem a code, and have learned if the number of rewards sits at around 60 it's just going to be the same old s**t!
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

Sigh, it just hasn't been the same after the giant 1 meter Simba was taken off. And it was only 6000 points. I never did get my double points for TLK or FATH like they promised last year :(
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I sent them a message about that a month ago and they credited the points back :) So it's not too late!
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

Please tell me that big slab o blue on the Great Mouse Detective disc is that thermal coating that needs to be heated to reveal the picture below :cry: .

I thought we had an agreement with Disney - no slip cover in exchange for proper disc art.

Oh, and I sent DMR an email, hopefully I will be closer to getting the Hannah Montana superstar kit...only then can I truly have the best of both worlds...whatever that means.
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

But there is the Blue Castle opening at the start...reminding me of the 90's and the plain sticker labels on the video cassettes...

But then the picture quality looks a lil soft and grainy...

But it has the blue castle...

Case adjourned Disney, I'm feeling nostalgic :roll:
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I used to love those! Though after a few rubs or whatever they'd look terribly abused. Oh mean those thermal coating things.

Btw Topher I didn't get any Big W survey :( Just the usual online savings! email... gotta be patient I guess!

I wonder how long it'll be before we lose the double-side printed sleeves :cry:
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

So, um, I know I am beating the department stores by even mentioning it :oops:, but does anyone know when the slew of Christmas titles will be released? Traditionally, it has been October for the majority with the special borders on.

Really, I'm just hanging out for the Blu Ray of The Santa Clause. It never really did upscale all that well and it got classified a few weeks ago. The sequels weren't listed as suitable for release, but really...:lol:
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

Big W finally has decent prices for Cinderella. Yesterday the standard Blu Ray was $34 and the 3 Disc set was $40.
  • DVD - 19.72
  • BD/DVD - $24.98
  • BD/DVD/DC - $28
  • DVD 3 movie pack - $58
  • BD 3 movie pack - $68
As usual JB HiFi will sting anyone who buys it on release day and price match a few days later :roll:
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

JB do price match tho, if you ask...

Remember, Target has 30% off all Disney DVDs/BDs, so Cinderella BD+DVD should be $20.30. Don't know if they're stocking/pricing the Triple Play though!
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

Victurtle wrote:JB do price match tho, if you ask...
Yeah, but I have enough issues taking Cinderella to the counter without drawing even more attention to myself :P

I bought online anyway, I have never seen it before so I can wait a day or two longer.
TheLionPrince

Post by TheLionPrince »

Does anyone know if under Cinderella's three-disc Edition gold slipcover it still has the main cover with the purple background.
If underneath it is also gold I'm gonna stick with the standard 2-disc edition as I'm not a huge fan of the gold but like the normal cover, but if its only the slip that has the gold I'll go for that one.

Also whats the Big W bonus pillow cover like? Is it worth going for that 2-disc version for the pillow cover instead of the 3-disc with a digital copy version? :?
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

TheLionPrince wrote:Also whats the Big W bonus pillow cover like? Is it worth going for that 2-disc version for the pillow cover instead of the 3-disc with a digital copy version? :?
Those bonus pillows are a waste of money, they are poorly made, and the stitching will not last long.
TheLionPrince

Post by TheLionPrince »

Kirben wrote:
TheLionPrince wrote:Also whats the Big W bonus pillow cover like? Is it worth going for that 2-disc version for the pillow cover instead of the 3-disc with a digital copy version? :?
Those bonus pillows are a waste of money, they are poorly made, and the stitching will not last long.
I expected that would be the case, I think I will end up with the Three-disc just for the sake of an Australian Disney release actually having a slipcover!
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I believe it'll have a gold cover underneath. Sanity released an image of that before it got updated with a slip cover. Hopefully I'll get mine today!
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

The latest DMR email states that a Buy one get one free offer starts on the 11th of October. I assume it extends beyond the Movies Plus site, but The Rescuers1/2 and Aristocats Blu Rays are included so that works out very well. I'm currently trying to cancel my Rescuers pre-order!
merbass
Gold Classic Collection

Post by merbass »

Any news for Secret of the wings ? Special packaging ?
MelancholyEcho

Post by MelancholyEcho »

Does anyone know if Disney Blu-Rays from America will play on Australian systems?

I'm seriously considering getting the Brave 5-Disc set from the US as yet again we have been short changed here on discs/special features.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

JB sells Brave with the US bonus features.
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd- ... ion/675066

But to answer your questions, yes they do play on our systems. Disney have been releasing region free discs for the last few years, but you can always check if they are on blu-ray.com :)
MelancholyEcho

Post by MelancholyEcho »

Victurtle wrote:JB sells Brave with the US bonus features.
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd- ... ion/675066
Thanks Victurtle! I did check the Blu-Ray in JB today (I do love the fact they put releases out early) but as far as I can tell, the first Blu-Ray disc is a combination of the first and second discs in the US 5 Disc set. So it seems there are a few extras missing.

Normally, I wouldn't really mind about extras. I just feel that the fact that I can spend less ($31 incl. shipping) on Amazon and get more bang for my buck is worth doing.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Oh, you're right! We don't seem to get the most substantial features... Behind The Scenes and Extended Scenes :cry:

edit: Good news! The Aussie BD does have the Behind the Scenes and Extended Scenes features. It simply not listed on JB's website or the cover.